The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

5 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I remember hearing in an interview or short documentary that it was disclosed that Bieksas' dad trained them in boxing while they were growing up..

Like Rick Rypien’s dad trained Rick in mixed martial arts, I believe. Couple of guys that fought way over their weight.

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Like Rick Rypien’s dad trained Rick in mixed martial arts, I believe. Couple of guys that fought way over their weight.

Yeah, RR (RIP) was also someone who fights over there weight - good memory.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

I find the idea of a Woo - Rathbone pairing to be very intriguing. Their respective play styles could really mesh...signs of that in Utica already.

I've been hoping for this for a couple years now... If they can come up and be a future, complimentary pair...:wub:

On 4/14/2021 at 7:14 PM, Locke Lamora said:

I find the idea of a Woo - Rathbone pairing to be very intriguing. Their respective play styles could really mesh...signs of that in Utica already.

What I like is that they lead the team in plus/minus and they get plenty of D zone starts - more and more as the season goes on. Woo +7 in 13gp, Rathbone +6 in 8 GP. By comparison, Baertschi is -9.

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Woo first in to stick up for a teammate after a hit into the boards 

That AHL colour commentator is gracing his audience with some truly elegant phraseology in gems like “we’ll see what happens here, as far as what happens...”

Such eloquence and style. Pure poetry. :lol:

(Definitely like Woo standing up for his teammates, though. Kid is a beauty.)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/14/2021 at 8:54 PM, aGENT said:

I've been hoping for this for a couple years now... If they can come up and be a future, complimentary pair...:wub:

I'm hoping he can be the right handed compliment for Hughes. Like a Keith-Seabrook top pairing.....

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

Just means the Canucks will be shorthanded.

5 plus an instigator and a misconduct.

Ask Hamonic, he'll tell you.

And? It depends if you want to see the same culture as the post-Bertuzzi era or a new culture that resembles a hockey team. A penalty in a single regular season game is not a big deal, it's not like we won the game anyways against Toronto. We lost and got beat up. At least the Sedins punished teams on the PP sometimes.

Edited by Plum

3 minutes ago, Plum said:

And? It depends if you want to see the same culture as the post-Bertuzzi era or a new culture that resembles a hockey team.

I'd like to see the team stay out of the penalty box.

I'd like to see them win.

I'd like to see the penalties called in a fair mannerr, that doesn't happen to the Canucks.

They get rough, they go to the box and the team gets scored on.

Rinse repeat.

did you see what happened to Hamonic, then what did not happen to Simmonds?

Does that not tell you the league doesn't like it when the Canucks play rough?

How many more losses due to crappy penalty calls are you willing to ses?

5, an instigator and a misconduct for a Canuck versus 5 minutes for fighting to any other team.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

I'd like to see the team stay out of the penalty box.

I'd like to see them win.

I'd like to see the penalties called in a fair mannerr, that doesn't happen to the Canucks.

They get rough, they go to the box and the team gets scored on.

Rinse repeat.

did you see what happened to Hamonic, then what did not happen to Simmonds?

Does that not tell you the league doesn't like it when the Canucks play rough?

How many more losses due to crappy penalty calls are you willing to ses?

5, an instigator and a misconduct for a Canuck versus 5 minutes for fighting to any other team.

We're not losing games because of penalties. We're losing games because we are playing like trash. They play soft too, look at the goals against. It's because of weak, soft defensive plays. Or it's a breakdown in the system because it's a bunch of new players in the line-up. 

You are paranoid about the league, that's your problem. 

Edited by Plum