The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

15 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

The Woo Boner pairing would be rock solid

Yep, there were a lot of stiff checks by Woo, and Rathbone was hard on the other team all game. It was so entertaining that enjoyed some hard liquor - a couple of stiff Scotches.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

This star was known to enjoy his tracks through the back country. Sulu was a lulu.

Quite a swordsman, they say.

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

Woo has the best plus / minus on the team at +5. Must be doing something right. 

Yep, like playing alongside Rathbone who's a plus 4

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
13 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

Woo has the best plus / minus on the team at +5. Must be doing something right. 

And he is doing that while being pretty physical. And he has better hands than I remembered from his Calgary days, he is actually quite slick with the puck and sees the ice quite well. He is about the same size as Bieksa, at 6’ 205, wonder if he can scrap like Bieksa?

• Hydration 3
On 3/31/2021 at 1:07 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

And he is doing that while being pretty physical. And he has better hands than I remembered from his Calgary days, he is actually quite slick with the puck and sees the ice quite well. He is about the same size as Bieksa, at 6’ 205, wonder if he can scrap like Bieksa?

I remember hearing in an interview or watching a short documentary were it was disclosed that Bieksas' dad had trained them in boxing while they were growing up..

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I remember hearing in an interview or short documentary that it was disclosed that Bieksas' dad trained them in boxing while they were growing up..

Like Rick Rypien’s dad trained Rick in mixed martial arts, I believe. Couple of guys that fought way over their weight.

• Burr 1
19 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Like Rick Rypien’s dad trained Rick in mixed martial arts, I believe. Couple of guys that fought way over their weight.

Yeah, RR (RIP) was also someone who fights over there weight - good memory.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1