The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

On 5/1/2021 at 12:24 AM, gurn said:

I'd like to see the team stay out of the penalty box.

I'd like to see them win.

I'd like to see the penalties called in a fair mannerr, that doesn't happen to the Canucks.

They get rough, they go to the box and the team gets scored on.

Rinse repeat.

did you see what happened to Hamonic, then what did not happen to Simmonds?

Does that not tell you the league doesn't like it when the Canucks play rough?

How many more losses due to crappy penalty calls are you willing to ses?

5, an instigator and a misconduct for a Canuck versus 5 minutes for fighting to any other team.

Have a feeling the aftermaths from the Bertuzzi incident still lingers around the Canucks... Don't know if the club is on a shorter leach that other teams, but do remember so ridiculous decisions handed out every time the team prepares to fight back...

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

On 5/2/2021 at 5:41 PM, Slegr said:

What do people think are the odds of Woo playing in the big league next season? With Tryamkin out of the picture now, the defense needs a shot-in-the-arm of toughness. I’d think that gives Woo an advantage. He’s still young, but it might be his time to shine in October.

I'd say, give him the best chance to make the team this upcoming season. He's part of the young core moving forward and has played very well this year in Utica. 

And like you've mentioned, he's not afraid to go toe-to-toe and defend himself and his teammates. 

It'll never happen (next season) but I'd like to see a d corps of:

Hughes - Schmidt 

Rathbone - Woo

Juolevi - Rafferty

Perhaps Woo needs another season (or partial) in Abbotsford, in which case a Hamonic resign would be great, but I think it is time for Edler to gracefully hang them up, and I wouldn't be averse to Seattle picking Myers (but ofc he'll be protected so that ain't gonna happen)

I could see Brisebois and Chatfield commuting fairly regularly between Vancouver and Abbotsford 

44 minutes ago, Googlie said:

It'll never happen (next season) but I'd like to see a d corps of:

Hughes - Schmidt 

Rathbone - Woo

Juolevi - Rafferty

You're right; that will not happen next season.

One possible D-man lineup next season could look like this; but a lot of water to go under the bridge between now and then. With the addition of Rathbone the team should be at least more exciting to watch.

Hughes - Hamonic

Rathbone - Myers

Juolevi - Schmidt

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Nice I’m gonna watch that game today. Glad to see Mikey get some reps finally. With the last couple games coming up it’s pretty bitter sweet. Out of all the Canucks AHL teams in the past 20 years Utica has been top shelf, gotta say Abbotsford has big shoes to fill and I really wonder if they will support our young guys like Utica did. I sure hope so.

Manitoba Moose and Utica are tied for me. Both great affiliates and both had rabid fan bases. And both have churned out some good players for us.

I agree that both relationships had merit but I have to lean towards the Moose. Heisinger found Burrows and a few others that escape me. I would argue that the talent was thinner in that era as well. Getting Jarvis to finish his career in Winnipeg was genius. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I agree that both relationships had merit but I have to lean towards the Moose. Heisinger found Burrows and a few others that escape me. I would argue that the talent was thinner in that era as well. Getting Jarvis to finish his career in Winnipeg was genius. 

Was it Heisinger who brought us Mr Rypien. RIP

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2021 at 10:40 PM, TGokou said:

I still think he probably needs one more year in the AHL but at least we can call him up and he can play a game here and there now that they are moving to Abbotsford.

Abby is a good location for call ups for sure.

On 5/13/2021 at 9:48 AM, Kootenay Gold said:

You're right; that will not happen next season.

One possible D-man lineup next season could look like this; but a lot of water to go under the bridge between now and then. With the addition of Rathbone the team should be at least more exciting to watch.

Hughes - Hamonic

Rathbone - Myers

Juolevi - Schmidt

And not re-upping Edler will save six mil of cap less what we pay Rathbone or Juolevi. One thing we do know is that that big Russian won’t be clearing the front of our net - the consolation would be that Edler won’t be defecting more shots past our goalies. Having watched Woo rapidly develop his game in Utica, I have the feeling the proximity of Abby will help bring him into our lineup come injury or poor play by someone.

34 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Having watched Woo rapidly develop his game in Utica, I have the feeling the proximity of Abby will help bring him into our lineup come injury or poor play by someone.

Definitely a bonus now that the farm team will be nearby. I am hoping that others such as Jasek get a chance to showcase their abilities for a few games at some point next season as well.

• Cheers 1

On 5/13/2021 at 8:26 AM, BarnBurner said:

I'd say, give him the best chance to make the team this upcoming season. He's part of the young core moving forward and has played very well this year in Utica. 

And like you've mentioned, he's not afraid to go toe-to-toe and defend himself and his teammates. 

I don't think he'll make the team out of the gate, but probably somewhere further during the season. Woo is a right hand shot and we don't have many of those coming up the pipleline.

On 5/14/2021 at 8:39 AM, Boudrias said:

And Keane the captain and Stanley cup winner, for 5 seasons. I think he had a major impact on the kids from he Moose roster over his 5 seasons there. Keene was from Winnipeg so it was just a cool end of hockey career story to watch for an awesome pro. Guy was all class.

Off the top of my head, they allowed Burrows in for a try out when he was toiling in the ECHL, they like what they seen and brought him on the team. 

list of players off the top of my head without looking

- Raymond

- Bieksa

- Schneider 

- Burrows

- Kesler 

- Grabner

- Hansen

- Edler

- Auld

- Bourdon rip

- Rypien rip

- Vignealt coach

- Carlyle coach

And honestly so many other part time players.

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Cheers 1