The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

12 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

It doesn't mean nothing. It is all we have to go on and our guy wins by a long shot.  This is a good thing.

So far this NCAA season, Madden has been a first line centre and Wise has been a 3rd line centre.

This is reflected in their production (5 points for Madden vs 1 point for Wise). It's also clear in the fact that Madden has as many face-off wins as Wise has total face-offs taken.

Of course it's early, but based on what we've seen so far, there's absolutely no question that Madden has been the more valuable and successful college player.

EDIT: This post started a new page, so I'll just re-post the stream link for today's game (starts 4pm Vancouver time):

https://watchstadium.com/live/150303/

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 3

No points for Madden in the game earlier today. Northeastern lost 4-1.

He did put up 5 shot on goal (tied for first on the team) and went 9/14 on face-offs (most wins and best FO% of the Huskies centremen).

Madden leads all NCAA freshman in faceoff wins this season with 67. His FO% is 0.536.

Remains at 5 points (3G 2A) through 8 games played.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Certainly very encouraging that he's been able to step right in at center, on the first line no less, plus putting up points and with a great FO% with a frame carrying a mere 150lbs.

I agree completely.  Wonder how the kid will fill out over the next couple years?  152 lbs is light compared to even EP.  Lol.  But hopefully he fills out to 5'11" 190 like his dad, that will be more than enough.  

Madden and the Huskies with a pair of home games this weekend.

First one tomorrow at 7EST (4pm in Vancouver) versus Connecticut.

Second game Saturday at 7EST (4pm in Vancouver) versus UMass Lowell.

Games are on NESN/NESN+ (paid).

But check the stream portal, just in case they're free:

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/northeastern/portal.htm?eventId=453974&streamType=video

And maybe here as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Thanks for the link. Watched from about the 10 minute mark of the second period to the end. Was impressed with Madden's offensive awareness his defensive game is solid as has been advertised but his play making and hockey IQ have me planning to keep a keen eye on his progress. Could be another excellent pick....

• Upvote 1