The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

1 hour ago, BlastPast said:

I think he has a good chance to make the USA world junior team if he keeps this up and there's no reason to think he won't. 

He should get an invite at the very least. Madden is playing top line and all situations for Northeastern, but he could really fit anywhere in a lineup, and be useful in pretty much any role.

It's also looking like Rathbone has put himself on USA Hockey's radar. And of course Hughes. 

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He should get an invite at the very least. Madden is playing top line and all situations for Northeastern, but he could really fit anywhere in a lineup, and be useful in pretty much any role.

It's also looking like Rathbone has put himself on USA Hockey's radar. And of course Hughes. 

And I've got tix to all the games in Victoria so I ain't mad that at that.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BlastPast said:

I think he has a good chance to make the USA world junior team if he keeps this up and there's no reason to think he won't. 

Other than having a ton of other great american forwards haha. He has a chance but it's fairly slight.

• Upvote 1

Preview (and game links inside): https://nuhuskies.com/news/2018/11/15/mens-ice-hockey-league-play-continues-for-no-13-15-mens-hockey-at-vermont.aspx

Live video game stream (will confirm availability closer to gametime): https://portal.stretchinternet.com/vermont/portal.htm?eventId=460476&streamType=video

Alternative free streaming options available here.

10 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Boeser, Gaudette, Demko... loadin' up on those 'Murican boys.

12 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Maybe it's better that they don't make the team. Would hate to see them disappointed losing to Canada.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Maybe it's better that they don't make the team. Would hate to see them disappointed losing to Canada.

Yeah, true enough. Can't be good for their development to have to endure that kind of humiliation. Also, we probably want to protect them from injuries, so we need to keep them away from Jett Woo. ;) 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I think there's an arguement for Madden to be considered one of our top-5 prospects:

1) Hughes

2) Demko

3) Juolevi 

4) Dahlen

5) Madden

He's in tight with Woo, Lind Rathbone and Brisebois, but he's there.

I don't think hes quite there yet. If he can keep this pace the rest of the year then maybe.

59 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I think there's an arguement for Madden to be considered one of our top-5 prospects:

1) Hughes

2) Demko

3) Juolevi 

4) Dahlen

5) Madden

He's in tight with Woo, Lind Rathbone and Brisebois, but he's there.

Wow thats pretty rough. He may be one day but Id say DiPietro, Woo and Lind are ahead of him right now for sure

54 minutes ago, cyoung said:

I don't think hes quite there yet. If he can keep this pace the rest of the year then maybe.

If he can stay in the vicinity of where he's at now for the rest of the year in terms of points, deployment and overall play, I would consider him at least equal to Gaudette at the same stage in their development. That's pretty big potential for a draft +1 year.

22 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Wow thats pretty rough. He may be one day but Id say DiPietro, Woo and Lind are ahead of him right now for sure

I think it's just a case of DiPietro and Lind being more established than Madden as it's their draft +2 year rather than their draft +1. Woo is a solid prospect, but I don't think there's a lot of high end potential there; he's a good bet to be a decent defenseman. Madden's sample size is pretty small and we would need to evaluate him after a year, but as of right now he's displaying more high end potential in my eyes. Whether we can say the same at the end of the year or not remains to be seen.