The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

9 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Hopefully we hang onto him. I could see Judd getting poached one day for a management gig.

Hopefully management here 

although JB is pretty decent

he needs to pull off a big trade that turns out in our favor to cement himself in our lore- I could see him winning a cup here 

2 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

Hopefully management here 

although JB is pretty decent

he needs to pull off a big trade that turns out in our favor to cement himself in our lore- I could see him winning a cup here 

At some point of this rebuild, JB needs to find a way to pull off a “Courtnall, Ronning, Momesso etc.” kind of major blockbuster deal to bolster the team. Similar to what the Flames did to bring in Lindholm and Hanifan.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

He is a gem 

Yeah it's Brackett that seems to have a handle on the scouting, I just hope management ties him to a long term contract. I'm sure other teams are watching and thinking "we need a guy like that" and remember he's  a New England guy so might well be tempted to move closer to home

2 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Yeah it's Brackett that seems to have a handle on the scouting, I just hope management ties him to a long term contract. I'm sure other teams are watching and thinking "we need a guy like that" and remember he's  a New England guy so might well be tempted to move closer to home

I think we should be stealing the best scouts from other teams.  Pay them each 1 million to come work for us, or more if needed.  Hell we waste 6 million/year on Eriksson!  

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think we should be stealing the best scouts from other teams.  Pay them each 1 million to come work for us, or more if needed.  Hell we waste 6 million/year on Eriksson!  

I recall one sports aficionado say if I had a sports team I'd spend $10,000 on a coach and $20,000 on the best scout I could find

• Upvote 1

On 12/7/2018 at 4:47 AM, ruilin96 said:

At some point of this rebuild, JB needs to find a way to pull off a “Courtnall, Ronning, Momesso etc.” kind of major blockbuster deal to bolster the team. Similar to what the Flames did to bring in Lindholm and Hanifan.

So they hand(intoxicated) Neal keys to drive the limo home?

1 great move, followed by a gaffe.

GM gigs are tricky.

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

So they hand(intoxicated) Neal keys to drive the limo home?

1 great move, followed by a gaffe.

GM gigs are tricky.

James Neal deal has Troy Brouwer 2.0 written all over it. Though, I must give Treliving credit for acquiring both Lindholm and Hanifan and both players fit in with the organization perfectly and he also was able to lock them up long term at a bargain deal. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ruilin96 said:

James Neal deal has Troy Brouwer 2.0 written all over it. Though, I must give Treliving credit for acquiring both Lindholm and Hanifan and both players fit in with the organization perfectly and he also was able to lock them up long term at a bargain deal. 

damn, neal with 6 points and -5, what happened to him lol.