The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

18 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

I remember watching John Madden play lots, he was a big part of that dominant earlier 00"s devils team.  

You were wrong and negative once again when we drafted Madden.  This is what you said when he was drafted:

Garret McFadden is tflying around out there, not Tyler Madden

31 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

This was during training camp, somebody had mistakened Madden for Garret McFadden...

Do you just go around searching my posts from months back, trying to find something I was wrong about..and this is the best you could do?  You sad little man

I find you quite funny.  You talk more smack like an internet tough guy than anyone on here. AND THEN...you go on to accuse others of talking like an internet tough guy.

Not once.......ALL THE TIME!!!

Haha...you are hilarious!!

Edit: You have the confused emoji on my post so I will show what I mean:

You're butthurt over some things I said 4 years ago. Get over it

The 5th Line replied to riffraff's topic in Off-Topic General

I lost most of my crop to bud rot, and had to hack'em down prematurely. Edibles it is

the Beagle deal Is terrible as well. 

Okay then shut up and stop listening to the station. The bitching is complete irony

I dont know if Petterson is physically ready yet, and he doesn't quite have the quickness to survive. Need to see a bit more of him first though

This place is sad and pathetic

Don't be so aggressive man. Enjoy our Canucks.  They rock!!

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

Does Madden have a playing style that compares to any NHL player? 

Scheifele maybe style wise.  He is very fast, and talented at puck handling, shooting, and set ups.  And he is getting better.  Another home run depth pick by Benning by the looks of it.  Not sure what his defensive game is like, as all his highlights are scoring related. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think that’s what really impresses me with Madden. The points totals are nice, but it’s the fact that he’s playing all situations and heavy minutes and thriving as a freshman. He’s not just a young guy who was plunked onto a scoring line and is padding his totals of the work of his linemates. He’s a key player, and evens, PP, and PK, and he’s contributing at both ends of the ice. The completeness of his game, at this young age, is what really stands out for me. Not that the scoring totals should be dismissed. His production so far is also very positive, in terms of projecting his likelihood of success in the future. It’s more the fact that he’s producing these numbers while playing a demanding two-way role that’s usually reserved for upper classmen.

Agreed.

I could not imagine a son of John Madden being defensively deficient...........

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

True. The bloodlines and just growing up around pro hockey gives him a leg up, in terms of preparation and just knowing what it takes to move up through the levels along his development path. But still, it’s amazing he’s doing this well this early in his college career. When I first learned that NU planned to start him as their #1C, my reaction was two-fold: (1) the Huskies are going to struggle this season and (2) they might burn this kid out. So far, neither has proven true. Northeastern has continued to win and climb the rankings (now 11th in the nation IIRC) and Madden has just continued to thrive, no matter what gets thrown at him.

Couldn't agree more SID. I never doubted his defensive acumen but I never dreamed he would show this well offensively in his freshman year. He has far exceeded my expectations in that regard and I really think we are only going to see him progress from here. His ceiling may be significantly higher than any of us thought before this season began.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Couldn't agree more SID. I never doubted his defensive acumen but I never dreamed he would show this well offensively in his freshman year. He has far exceeded my expectations in that regard and I really think we are only going to see him progress from here. His ceiling may be significantly higher than any of us thought before this season began.

He might make a future loss of someone like Gaudette (trade/expansion) not hurt so much.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Competition for roster spots, and then ice-time is a really good thing for us.  

I agree, but it also gives us the depth to potentially make a move that can help in another area of team need. Good two-way centers are a hot commodity. I'd love to keep Gaudette, but my point is that Madden's progress could help lessen the blow should we have to lose someone like Gaudette.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I agree, but it also gives us the depth to potentially make a move that can help in another area of team need. Good two-way centers are a hot commodity. I'd love to keep Gaudette, but my point is that Madden's progress could help lessen the blow should we have to lose someone like Gaudette.

Plus, we will not be able to pay all these guys, or play all these guys too.  So, I like your idea to trade from a position of strength to fill one of need.  I remember the Hawks were trading guys for second and third round picks in hopes to keep their dynasty going.  

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think that’s what really impresses me with Madden. The points totals are nice, but it’s the fact that he’s playing all situations and heavy minutes and thriving as a freshman. He’s not just a young guy who was plunked onto a scoring line and is padding his totals off of the work of his linemates. He’s a key player, and evens, PP, and PK, and he’s contributing at both ends of the ice. The completeness of his game, at this young age, is what really stands out for me. Not that the scoring totals should be dismissed. His production so far is also very positive, in terms of projecting his likelihood of success in the future. It’s more the fact that he’s producing these numbers while playing a demanding two-way role that’s usually reserved for upperclassmen.

Absolutely. I also want to add that he's our main guy here at Northeastern. He's supposed to replace Gaudette's responsibilities and having watched both of them I can say that he's done exactly that. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/12/2018 at 12:31 AM, kenhodgejr said:

Does Madden have a playing style that compares to any NHL player? 

The few times I watched him play, he kind of looks like Matthew Lombardi when he was wit the Flames. Fast, plays a bit like a firefly in which hes absolutely everywhere on the ice, has some decent finish. Lombardi got 500 plus games in the bigs, and if thats Tyler Madden's floor, thats pretty damn good for a 3rd rounder

• Upvote 2

On 12/12/2018 at 1:34 PM, suitup said:

Absolutely. I also want to add that he's our main guy here at Northeastern. He's supposed to replace Gaudette's responsibilities and having watched both of them I can say that he's done exactly that. 

How does he compare to Gaudette? Obviously not Hobey Baker winner 3rd year Gaudette, but freshman Madden so far seems more impressive than Freshman Gaudette, obviously with a bigger role.