The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

8 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Exactly why it would be nice to gather more assets next draft. Use this as the final "tank:" year and then strive for the playoffs in the coming years. We have the potential to be a dominating team in the west in a couple years but we need a few more elite assets to push this team over the top. No point being mediocre like the Oilers when we can build to win. Trade the veterans this year and next and then slowly bring in elite prospects to fill their roles.

Edler should be traded the deadline if he could be talked into waiving. Then sign him in the offseason because he wants to be here. it can be his gift to the club. With regards to centres we have 3 I can see here for at least the next 2 years. Pettersson, Horvat, Beagle and then Gaudette should take the 4th spot. Madden is a few years off so his arrival should be able to coincide with Beagle leaving. Meaning Sutter should be traded as soon as his limited NTC kicks in. Ideally you go into next year fighting for a playoff spot with a forward lineup resembling this.

Goldy/Dahlen-Pettersson-Boeser

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Leivo-Gaudette-MacEwen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte

I doubt they are even lottery eligible this year........if so, just barely.  It would be nice to pull off a lottery miracle if they are, by jumping into the top 3

18 hours ago, stawns said:

Personally, I think Jake is one the teams top 3-4 most effective fwds.  He might not be scoring a ton, but man, is he great at other things.  

It really irks me that people put so much emphasis on scoring, when it's such a small part of the game.  The things jake does in a game are more valuable than what most of the pure offensive players offer.  Jake impacts the game in a big way, just maybe not the way that garners a lot of notice.

I noticed what he does but I also noticed why we drafted him and what he did in junior, I’m fine with what he’s become but he’s a shell of what we drafted, ima stop talking about Jake in the madden thread now

Lines going in the blender for tonight’s rematch game.

I wouldn’t call Madden’s move to 2C a demotion, especially since he was the only Husky to score in their 6-1 loss last night. Just a shake up of the lines, but I’d expect Madden to still be on the top special teams units and leading the way tonight in forward minutes and faceoffs taken.

21 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Wow kid is still b fire 

I wonder what the freshman record is for points in a season?

Not sure. I can’t find an official record book, but looking at historical stats, I’d imagine that as far as Northeastern team records go, it’s Kevin Heffernan’s 43 points as a freshman in 1984-85.

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2019 at 1:05 AM, Dats hockey said:

I noticed what he does but I also noticed why we drafted him and what he did in junior, I’m fine with what he’s become but he’s a shell of what we drafted, ima stop talking about Jake in the madden thread now

i'm pretty sure he will get the points when he is inevitably put into a regular top six situ. his time will come