The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Artyom Manukyan | RW

thejazz97

21 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I was intrigued when this guy was drafted as I am of Armenian heritage myself but I don’t know what they were thinking. This guy is as tiny as they come and was not exactly a kid (he was 20 when drafted).

Really, the guy is literally 5 feet tall and 138lbs! That’s smaller than even Madden :picard:

Sixth round, take a chance.

Wonder if he has the rona?

Avangard (one of the teams reportedly hardest hit by COVID-19) is finally playing exhibition games but Manukyan hasn’t appeared on their roster.

EDIT: from what I could tell, he had recovered from last season’s injury so should have been healthy. Just speculating on why he hasn’t played.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 2:53 PM, grandmaster said:

I was intrigued when this guy was drafted as I am of Armenian heritage myself but I don’t know what they were thinking. This guy is as tiny as they come and was not exactly a kid (he was 20 when drafted).

Really, the guy is literally 5 feet tall and 138lbs! That’s smaller than even Madden :picard:

I kind of remember him back during a Canada-Russia superseries or whatever it's called and his name was one of the standout ones that kept popping up during the game. It was worth a shot in the 6th round, but injuries have hampered him.

With that said though, he's 5'6 fwiw, not 5 feet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 2:53 PM, grandmaster said:

I'm just imagining how he would fare in a series against Vegas (or St. Louis.... or Minnesota):lol:

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2020 at 2:53 PM, grandmaster said:

It was a total waste of a pick.   

• Upvote 1

Bob Hartley started Manukyan on the 2nd line in the preseason and mostly throughout it, until they demoted him.  Hartley seems to like him and just noticed his fitness level is not quite there.

Still excited for this pick, not having high hopes he pans out, but his skillset is alluring.

7 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Obviously towards the end of the tape !

I remember that! That’s why I was joking/not joking about Weisbrod’s role in picking Manukyan.

Also joking/not joking about Brackett likely getting the credit from some Canucks fans, if Manukyan ever pans out. ;) 

EDIT: also remain curious which goalie they were considering with the Madden pick? One of Rodrigue, Annunen, or Skarek, possibly? I remember liking Skarek a lot at the time of that draft (he’s fallen off since—and I’ve never been very good with picking goalies), but glad Jim was adamant we didn’t take a goalie at #68.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

9 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I remember that! That’s why I was joking/not joking about Weisbrod’s role in picking Manukyan.

Also joking/not joking about Brackett likely getting the credit from some Canucks fans, if Manukyan ever pans out. ;) 

EDIT: also remain curious which goalie they were considering with the Madden pick? One of Rodrigue, Annunen, or Skarek, possibly? I remember liking Skarek a lot at the time of that draft (he’s fallen off since—and I’ve never been very good with picking goalies), but glad Jim was adamant we didn’t take a goalie at #68.

A couple of things I took away from the draft. When it came to Madden was Benning was ignorant about which school he was going to ie he wasn't a-tuned to Madden and the other point is it was clear others at the table referred to Brackett for decissions ( it's up to Judd spoken right in front of Benning ). Brackett posed  the question, goalie, ( a what if question ) to be sure they were in sync. Listen to the language and it's revealing IMO. The other thing I thought was funny was when Brackett joked across the table  " brain food, do you need some ?? LOL,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...