The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matthew Thiessen | G

ruilin96

Really needed this goalie depth behind Miketendy imho.  My guess we will need this guy as our #2 in Utica as soon as he is ready for the role. With Miketendy Utica's number 1 and Bachman contract expired   

Edited by TGT68
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I LIKE THIS PICK.

I think this kid stacks up to all those goalies taken in the third round.    He was ranked quite highly.   VERY good pick.   Wow.   Nice!   I am nearly as excited about this pick for Vancouver as I was for Hughes.   He really could rise nicely through the system.    

Hear, hear! Worst-case scenario, another good trade asset.

5 hours ago, CeeBee51 said:

Mennonite kid from the same town where my dad was born. Go Matt! 

My sister lives there, very nice town with lots of friendly people. I'll have to ask her if they have heard of him.

2 hours ago, CeeBee51 said:

In 5 years we might look back and be calling this Bennings best draft ever Some serious talent and upside here.

My poor little brain doesn't know what to think !

I'm going to wait for Dave Pratt's expert analysis. /s

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

My poor little brain doesn't know what to think !

I'm going to wait for Dave Pratt's expert analysis. /s

Tune in Monday morning, and he'll tell you all about it.  Guaranteed.  He gets it, he gets that, no doubt about it, there's no question.  It's in the poll question and getting amazing response, everyone's talking about it, it's the big thing this morning.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I am really excited about this pick. I don't know much about the MJHL but they are a league with 20 and 21 year olds so he's already been playing against older players and had a massive season for that league. I think worst case scenario is you have a solid AHL goalie for your farm. I love the NCAA development route for goalies so I am really excited to see what he can do there.

On 2018-06-23 at 7:10 PM, gerry35 said:

My sister lives there, very nice town with lots of friendly people. I'll have to ask her if they have heard of him.

If your sister lives in Steinbach, chances are I’ve crossed paths with her. Grew up in Steinbach, moved to Vancouver in 2000 for University, moved back to Steinbach in 2005.

Watched the Pistons probably 5 times this last season.

26 minutes ago, Monty said:

If your sister lives in Steinbach, chances are I’ve crossed paths with her. Grew up in Steinbach, moved to Vancouver in 2000 for University, moved back to Steinbach in 2005.

Watched the Pistons probably 5 times this last season.

Thiessen is from Altona which is where I am referring to. Super nice town, where I live (Terrace) is pretty friendly but that area is even better when it comes to people. Spent lots of time in the Whiteshell too which is a really neat place as well. Have't been to Steinbach yet but I bet it is a nice place too.