The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Kootney was relocated to Winnipeg for next year, should be a better team. 

Realllly was this just announced? 

Edit: Just googled it thats great for Winnipeg and for the team. Hope they add some players and Krebs rehab goes well so he can have a big year. Playing out of the university sounds fun too in the short term. Sure the city will support them very well

Edited by R3aL

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, until the achilles thing I had Krebs ahead of Zegras and Podkolzin and just after Turcotte. Had to drop him a couple spots unfortunately with the uncertainty. Still have him ahead of some other solid prospects though.

Yea Krebs is so good. I’d be happy with him at 10 even though it’s a tough look tondraft a guy in a moon boot at a home draft. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Seannnp said:

Draft Projection (Final list, I think)

NJD - Hughes

NYR - Kakko
CHI - Turcotte - local kid, they have a lot of d prospects

COL - Dach - desperate need for a legit 2c

LA - Byram - have Kupari, Villardi, Dolan in the pipeline as C. Don't see them going after a W this year with a top 5 pick.

DET - Broberg - already have Larkin, Anthanasiou, Zadina, Veleno and Rasmussen. Need to stock up on d prospects and they love swedes as much as Van does.

BUF - Zegras - I don't see how Buf picks anyone else. He seems like the perfect fit to play with Eichel. Playmaker with elite puck skills.

I'm almost certain that top 7 plays out like above. The next 7 not so sure about but expect something similar to the following:

EDM - Cozens - C/RW to play alongside McDavid

ANA - Boldy- Big bodied skilled winger than can put the puck in the net. They need a little bit of everything but think they aim for a forward with a top 10 pick

VAN - Podkolzin - Its Podk or Krebs for me but Krebs injury does scare me. Podk could be our Malkin, Ovechkin, Kucherov, Tarasenko, Petey- Boes/ Horvat-Podk

PHI - Newhook - set at center, need a fast playmaking winger

MIN - Caufield - With Zucker on the move, Parise getting older, theyre going to need goal scoring. Though they kind of seem to need everything. Havent drafted well in recently

FLA - Krebs - Have a great top 6 that could get better in Free Agency - likely have the patience not to rush him along given his injury

ARI - Kaliyev - High Risk/High Reward. They have Westerlund and Joseph in the pipelines and Chychrun, Ekman-Larsson already with the big club on D already .

The draft is in Vancouver. Can you imagine the crowd reaction if we take Podkolzin.....Never mind talk radio or the chat lines? The pressure is too intense at the moment. I think they will make a more amicable selection.

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

Yea Krebs is so good. I’d be happy with him at 10 even though it’s a tough look tondraft a guy in a moon boot at a home draft. 

Yeah, I had him at 5, dropped him to 7. If he's still there at 10 and one of Turcotte, Zegras or Podkolzin isn't, moon boot or not, he's my pick.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, I had him at 5, dropped him to 7. If he's still there at 10 and one of Turcotte, Zegras or Podkolzin isn't, moon boot or not, he's my pick.

I’m pretty sure they want one of 

Turcotte zegras broberg 

if they aren’t there at 10 probably try to trade down a little and leave with 1 of Krebs or Newhook

21 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Can I ask why his not high on your list?

7 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I’m high on him.

think he’s the kinda guy teams will kick themselves for passing on later

Im not doubting his playmaking skill and vision, Im just not sure how much of it he can get away with at the NHL level.  Tight checking and physical play just makes me think twice.   

But if plays through it and can be productive then he is definitely a high pick.  

Im just worried he'll become another Goldy.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I’m pretty sure they want one of 

Turcotte zegras broberg 

if they aren’t there at 10 probably try to trade down a little and leave with 1 of Krebs or Newhook

Doubt Turcotte's available without moving up. Same with Zegras unfortunately. Krebs might just fall with his injury and (assuming it poses no long term issues) I think we'd be freaking lucky to have him do so.

Happy to take Dach, Boldy or Cozens as well. 

By the sounds of it, they like Broberg...I don't see it personally (unless we're trading down) but I defer to Benning and Brackett as they've got a lot more experience, staff, interviews etc to go off than I do! If they think he's the guy at 10 (and assuming he's not already gone), by all means...

9 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Im not doubting his playmaking skill and vision, Im just not sure how much of it he can get away with at the NHL level.  Tight checking and physical play just makes me think twice.   

But if plays through it and can be productive then he is definitely a high pick.  

Im just worried he'll become another Goldy.

I'm not to worried about him becoming Goldy...from what i've seen Zegras gets in the on the for heck and will block shots....

34 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

The draft is in Vancouver. Can you imagine the crowd reaction if we take Podkolzin.....Never mind talk radio or the chat lines? The pressure is too intense at the moment. I think they will make a more amicable selection.

Your right...why take Tkachuk when you can make a more amicable selection.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mad Jon said:

I would be stoked for Podkolzin.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mad Jon said:

I think that's a horrible way to draft. If Podk is BPA, you take him unless you know for a fact that he will not come over.

• Upvote 1

i have a feeling JB will try hard to move up, since JB in his interview has said theres one they want, but would require them to move up...but guess we find out, it is in Vancouver, so JB will try hard to get best player , even if it means moving up and trading some loose fat on our roster

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I'm not to worried about him becoming Goldy...from what i've seen Zegras gets in the on the for heck and will block shots....

He seems more engaged for sure.  And a bigger guy as well.  Some of his passes he can get away with tho in junior I don't think will happen in the NHL.  That's just me hazarding a guess tho.  If he went at #10 I'd be more than fine with the pick.  Still would prefer newhook tho

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-P said:

That’s a very appealing idea. Would mean Bo could be an elite 3C moving up to 1C or 2C occasionally with EP doing some work on the wing from time to time. Would make for a crazy top 9 and create all sorts of matchup problems for opponents. 

yeah, sign Panarin to play with EP and get a digger for them to play hard in the corners.

1 hour ago, J-P said:

That’s a very appealing idea. Would mean Bo could be an elite 3C moving up to 1C or 2C occasionally with EP doing some work on the wing from time to time. Would make for a crazy top 9 and create all sorts of matchup problems for opponents. 

Put Zegras on his wing. Bo is showing he’s an elite 2C and a strong 1B. He’s not a 3c and won’t be until he’s 34

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

Zegras has mutated from 6 to 10.

He's so good there are two of them ;)

Id put York or Knight in that 15 spot then.

9 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

This is a great list...………….Broberg?

Sarcasm?

Im not a huge fan of Broberg at all. I just don't think he has the needed mindset/IQ to hit his potential. He's outside my top 15, but time will tell if Im right or wrong 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Your right...why take Tkachuk when you can make a more amicable selection.

That was a silly comparison. If you care to disagree at least make a valid argument.  You know very well that I was alluding to the Russian factor. There are a good percentage of people that would be pissed off if we took him. I’m not one of them by the way. Think before you write.