The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 Utica Comets Thread

12 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

They will continue to complain about canuck management not getting them centres. Again...and again...and again...and again.

Not sure why they even bother going to the games. But...I am not sure why I bother watching canuck games right now either. canucks are terrible. I should not be so critical of utica posters i guess.

If you notice most Comets fans don't complain when a player is called up. We realize that is part of being a farm team.  I hate losing Boucher and his laser of a shot but he has earned another look and I hope that he is used in a position to succeed in the top six and not in a bottom six position which is not his strength.

What Utica fans complain about is the way that the roster was constructed before the season started and the lack of doing anything about the holes after the injures and call ups start to pile up.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I've seen a couple of people make somewhat critical remarks, but I don't think they were 'ripping' anyone.  Both Canuck fans and Utica fans are feeling very disappointed with their teams right now and this is a repeat performance from previous years.  People are frustrated with the endless injuries (and callups that are depleting the Comets) which are resulting in way too many losses.

I suggest you have a look at other team message boards (and not just NHL teams) during a losing streak.  You will think your are reading the Canuck board.  Fans are passionate about their hockey team(s) and will often voice their disappointment with extreme criticism. 

Utica fans should not complain didn't they make the playoffs last year, its a process .

10 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I see Canuck fan self entitlement has now spread to the Utica thread. What a despicable bunch we are. We only take a break from ripping the p-ss out of our own players to have a go at the Utica fans now. I sometimes wonder if Vancouver deserves an NHL team.

Pfft, what's this "we" business?  It's one thing to be critical, it's quite another to be so anguished, fretful, and hopelessness-minded to be essentially calling for the team to fold.  A "true fan" doesn't throw rocks or have an irrational tantrum when things go badly; that's not passion but a sign of entitlement immaturity.  Sports are an up-and-down emotional rollercoaster, and if one can't handle that maybe they don't have the mental fortitude to be a fan long-term.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

....  Sports are an up-and-down emotional rollercoaster, and if one can't handle that maybe they don't have the mental fortitude to be a fan long-term.

Yup, being a fan is tough job. It isn't easy lifting a beer multiple times during games. And those extra trips to the fridge are killers.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Yup, being a fan is tough job. It isn't easy lifting a beer multiple times during games. And those extra trips to the fridge are killers.

And all those curse words a good fan needs to remember too.  It’s not easy to get those out clearly with beer and pretzels stuffed in your mouth.  

• Haha 1