The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 Utica Comets Thread

5 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

@UticaHockey

Team looking like a Hundred bucks with Demko back there ehh?

That's like saying the Canucks looked great last night vrs the hapless kings. 

Both Laval and Belleville are complete messes and still both of those teams managed to outplay the comets for long stretches... .  It will only last until the competition improves......

1 minute ago, Connor comet said:

That's like saying the Canucks looked great last night vrs the hapless kings. 

Both Laval and Belleville are complete messes and still both of those teams managed to outplay the comets for long stretches... .  It will only last until the competition improves......

So 2 good wins for Demko coming off his concussion injury and you don’t find that as a win.... seem like there might be some real stability in Utica and you going to go nit pick and fish for something to discredit it. This is getting sad.

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

So 2 good wins for Demko coming off his concussion injury and you don’t find that as a win.... seem like there might be some real stability in Utica and you going to go nit pick and fish for something to discredit it. This is getting sad.

We deal with reality here in Utica. It's not a very good team and we know our competition. 

Demko will be in Vancouver by February and then we are back to the train wreck known as the Comets........

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Pfft, what's this "we" business?  It's one thing to be critical, it's quite another to be so anguished, fretful, and hopelessness-minded to be essentially calling for the team to fold.  A "true fan" doesn't throw rocks or have an irrational tantrum when things go badly; that's not passion but a sign of entitlement immaturity.  Sports are an up-and-down emotional rollercoaster, and if one can't handle that maybe they don't have the mental fortitude to be a fan long-term.

Wtf are you jabbering about? Stay off the booze.

• Wat 3

9 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

@UticaHockey

Team looking like a Hundred bucks with Demko back there ehh?

Demko faced more quality shots in this game than he saw in the game on Wednesday so it was a good test.  The team still has a long way to go however after generating 21 shots against a bad Sens team.  Three wins in a row does feel good. Assuming Archibald clears waivers tomorrow he will help by providing both a scorer and a leader that we need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

Demko faced more quality shots in this game than he saw in the game on Wednesday so it was a good test.  The team still has a long way to go however after generating 21 shots against a bad Sens team.  Three wins in a row does feel good. Assuming Archibald clears waivers tomorrow he will help by providing both a scorer and a leader that we need.

You should be happy they won, hey you should happy with what you have not worry about what you don't have life's to short.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SingleThorn said:

Not too sure what you want from our 'eyes in Utica'. I really appreciate their perspective. It's a tad negative at the moment, but it's both logical and emotional in nature, which is just fine. If negativity causes you 'angst', a fans' forum might be a hard road to travel.

Im fine with winning and loosing its a process what I'm not fine with is negativity when they have won 3 in a row but its his dime so what ever  

6 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Im fine with winning and loosing its a process what I'm not fine with is negativity when they have won 3 in a row but its his dime so what ever  

I will always give an honest opinion of how the team and individual players performed.  If you only want a rainbows and unicorns report then I suggest that you find another poster that watches Comets games.  Demko played well but as a team the Comets have not produced enough shots or scoring chances in each of the three wins to lead me to believe that it is sustainable.  As I said Archie will help and I hope they will build off the win streak with even improved play. Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

I will always give an honest opinion of how the team and individual players performed.  If you only want a rainbows and unicorns report then I suggest that you find another poster that watches Comets games.  Demko played well but as a team the Comets have not produced enough shots or scoring chances in each of the three wins to lead me to believe that it is sustainable.  As I said Archie will help and I hope they will build off the win streak with even improved play. Time will tell.

A top end goalie breeds confidence into his team.  Demko delivers, and the team plays better.  With Demko in net, Utica will climb the standings.  

• Upvote 2

COMETS RECALL JAGGER DIRK FROM KALAMAZOO, REASSIGN KULBAKOV

Nov 23, 2018

Utica, N.Y.– Utica Comets General Manager Ryan Johnson announced today that the club has recalled defenseman Jagger Dirk from the Kalamazoo Wings and reassigned goalie Ivan Kulbakov to Kalamazoo.

Dirk, 25, has appeared in 12 games with Kalamazoo this season, earning five points (2-3-5). He has also appeared in one game with the Comets.

The Penticton, BC native has appeared in eight career AHL games since turning pro at the end of last season. Before making his debut, Dirk skated in 310 games with Kootenay in the WHL before embarking on a 114-game career at St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, NS.

Kulbakov, 22, picked up a 5-5-1 record to go along with a 3.49 GAA and a .892% save percentage over the course of 12 starts with the Comets this season.

The native of Gomel, Belarus spent one season with Youngstown in the USHL before turning pro in 2017-18, where he split the year between the Cleveland Monsters and Quad City Mallards (ECHL).

11 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Always appreciate your unvarnished comments on the Comets. Agree that Vancouver has not done enough to provide the vet framework necessary for proper development. Gaunce and Archy should help. I prefer Biega in Utica as well. Had wanted Gaudette back down as well. Still might happen with Beagle coming back and Sutter in December some time. EVen tho Gaudette got his first goal I prefer more TOI for his development than what he can get in Vancouver. 

Gaunce is scoring regularly since coming down. How does he look? He played 2 years for Green in Utica and yet they appear to be banging heads in Van. Not sure what is going on.   

• Upvote 2

On 11/18/2018 at 10:18 AM, UticaHockey said:

I'd be fine with that. Dahlen looks like he hates being here anyway. Too good for the AHL attitude is what I see out of him and very part of the losing culture that has taken over this team.

You also said this so your credibility took a hit as it was DEAD WRONG. Again I appreciate the passion of fans but you present yourself as factual when its more of an opinion. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

You should be happy they won, hey you should happy with what you have not worry about what you don't have life's to short.

that same optimism needs to be spread to everyone on this forum. its a game, no team wins em all. No GM makes perfect trades and signings. No coach deploys the best lines and makes every player look good.

There will be some good, lots of bad but in the end we cheer for our local teams no matter how good or bad they do. I would love to see a lot of different things happen for the organization too but it is what it is.

I think utica has been quite supportive for our farm team. It is too bad we dont seem to sign better quality AHL players or find better depth part way thru the year

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1