The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nando Eggenberger invited to Development Camp

thejazz97

8 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

He was ranked 98th OA, why did this kid go undrafted?

Not sure. I think it's due to him not improving offensively in his second year in the National League. But he is a kid playing in a men's league for goodness sakes.
He's got decent size and has been abnormally physically mature since at least 15 or so. Showed really well at Under-18s and captained World Jrs.

Happy to see we get to see this prospect for "free".

2 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Not sure. I think it's due to him not improving offensively in his second year in the National League. But he is a kid playing in a men's league for goodness sakes.
He's got decent size and has been abnormally physically mature since at least 15 or so. Showed really well at Under-18s and captained World Jrs.

Happy to see we get to see this prospect for "free".

Is it good for a player's ceiling to develop physically at 15?  I would think other guys, who develop later, pass him by?

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is it good for a player's ceiling to develop physically at 15?  I would think other guys, who develop later, pass him by?

Good question. I don't have a lot of data to suggest one way or the other myself.

I do know that he was a decent sized kid at 15 and he's bigger than that now, so that's a good enough sign that he's in the right direction to me :)

Archived