The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This might sound a tad crazy BUT

iceman64

Hi, i watched some highlight clips and it struck me about Quintin Hughes and his speed and passing... what would he be like as a forward?  The thought of that passing ability in full out flight to Brock or Elias.. holy _ _ _ _!!!!!   Then it surprised me when i heard Bob Mckenzie describe him as a "roving D" because he's all over the ice with the puck on a string drawing players to him then finding his team mate open alone for a shot, then i thought of how many Brock and Elias would score off that...  ummm wow!!!  watch this with him as a forward in mind and see what you think? 

Thoughts??? 

Part of his strength is that he starts controlling the puck lower down the ice as D and he can use his superior skating ability & excellent IQ to exploit the opposition as he moves up ice. Its an interesting thought but we need D and he is a good defenseman at both ends. I say just keep him as a D.

24 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Great. Only 8 days since the draft, and we're having talk of changing his position. 

Didn't we go through this enough with Jordan Subban?

"Hey kid, welcome to the Canucks. I know it's only been a week but we've decided unilaterally to change you from a position you've played all your life to a position you've never played before". 

I was thinking maybe Quinns youngest brother Luke should switch to Forward. I believe he is a defenceman as well and given the smaller stature of Quinn and Jack thought maybe he should give it a try now. Then again if he is as good or better than Quinn than maybe not!

‘This may seem a tad bit crazy

BUT...’ is how I first asked my wife out, strangely it’s also how I proposed to her...

It was better than ‘hold my beer’

It also translates into a rednecks last words... ‘Hey ya’all watch this!’  

3 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Hi, i watched some highlight clips and it struck me about Quintin Hughes and his speed and passing... what would he be like as a forward?  The thought of that passing ability in full out flight to Brock or Elias.. holy _ _ _ _!!!!!   Then it surprised me when i heard Bob Mckenzie describe him as a "roving D" because he's all over the ice with the puck on a string drawing players to him then finding his team mate open alone for a shot, then i thought of how many Brock and Elias would score off that...  ummm wow!!!  watch this with him as a forward in mind and see what you think? 

Thoughts??? 

One of the thing my brother and I discussed draft day, if it just isn't working (NHL players are a lot faster than what he's playing against) and it's too tough on him physically, yes we could certainly move him up.  Hopefully we will never need to consider that, but it sure worked wonders the opposite way for Big Buff and there is definitely a certain logic that applies.

Why stop at Hughes?

I say Green should adopt a total football strategy. ;) 

Total hockey. Every skater capable of playing every position.

Actually, while this was meant as a joke, I do like swaps and rotations in many hockey systems and tactics. And when it comes to Hughes, we’ll probably see quite a bit of positional shifting between the players who share the ice with him.

EDIT: Couldn’t make a “total football” post without adding a little Parquet Courts

Love that final lyric: 

“and f- Tom Brady!” :lol:

and it was all taken seriously???  a simple thought of a guy like him with Bo and brock?  $&!#e!  OMG  LMFAO!!!!!!  of course he is a defenseman like we need just the way we need him to be...  most of the responses were pretty funny!!!!  yeah right....  shrugs...  sorry to picture a speedy puck on a string player to feed great passes with those 2...  and help make up for (some) those lost points to the sedin departure but only because of his passing ability but he can do that while playing d for cryin out loud, just not as much maybe but i'd like to see him paired with another BIGGER D partner like Guddy but maybe not that big and more offensive but it doesn't really matter  LMAO!  was a "drooling" thought...  lol  if you took it seriously...  ermmmm get over yourself already!  lmao  sheeeesh

Archived