The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jay Beagle | #83 | C

-SN-

18 minutes ago, Guile said:

Price tag aside, I'm thrilled to have him here. His face-off prowess alone makes him a great addition to the team.

Yup, the price is steep, but that's to be expected when going from a champion to a build situation.

Like the player, we're getting. Adds some much-needed veteran grind and championship experience. That experience will be greatly needed when we start getting back into the playoff picture.

• Upvote 1

Good, solid, big, defensive western guy. I like what this does for the lineup...a guy like Beagle, coupled with the signing of Tim Schaller helps create a lot of flexibility up the depth chart and takes away some of the defensive assignments away from Sutter.  Gonna make it tougher for Gaudette to make the opening day roster.  Hopefully this is a sign that players like Sam Gagne is on the trade block.

Hope that Beagle can smother McDavid, and I like the way Beagle matches up against Getzlaf, Kopitar, and the other bigger centers in the Pacific (something the Canucks didn't have an answer for over the past few seasons).

All in all, good signing for the Canucks.

• Upvote 1

I think this deal has a higher chance of being a good one than the Roussel one. Both guys look like gems, but both look pricy for now. I can see Beagle evolving into a Manny or Ryan Johnson kind of guy.

This is also very foreboding for Gaunce. He has almost no hope of making the team now unless he explodes offensively or something.

20 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

BINGO.   Like everything about having this player on any team I like but four years is one too many IMHO.

well worth it though for the competitive development environment he'll bring. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well worth it though for the competitive development environment he'll bring. 

Perhaps - I think that last year will not happen in any case.   Ovie/Trots and others noted what an uplifting guy he was an how he would get guys pumped between periods etc.    My guess he ends up with a letter on his chest.

26 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Winning attitude. Love these types of players. They will keep our players accountable and bring intangibles that money can’t buy.

It's these kinds of players that prevent you from becoming Edmonton 2.0.