The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jay Beagle | #83 | C

-SN-

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I know the Canucks were slammed in the off season for the UFA signings. Especially after the Sedins left. I don't include Vanek, because he was only here for 61, but for some reason the media loves to mention his loss will affect the Canucks. Whatever.

I really like the Beagle signing, he will bring so much to the room, and the young guys will all benefit. He's also a great centreman and on the PK, so I'm thinking our faceoffs and PK will improve. Pettersson, our future #2C (or maybe even #1C?) will benefit a lot from Beagle, as well as Malhotra. Maybe the Canucks will finally have a new identity, gritty, fast hockey with some exceptional skill (Boeser, Pettersson, and eventually Hughes). I can't wait to get the season going, I think the Canucks prove a lot of people wrong.  

Beagle is going to bring a great level of athleticism and hard-nosed physical play to the team, as are Roussel and Schaller. No wonder Guddy is excited. This team will have tons of skill and speed from the young emerging players in Horvat, Boeser, Virtanen, Petterson, Juolevi, and Hughes, and that skill will be insulated by players who will punish the opposition for trying to mess with them.

While I'm not quite sure where the Canucks will shake out from a standings perspective, I feel pretty confident in saying that they'll be one of the more imposing teams for others to play this season. The injured becomes the injurer.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:
Cam Barra @CamJBarra
FollowFollow @CamJBarra
More

Jay Beagle is ridiculous. Just embarrassed the rest of the groups in the bag skate. Looked like he went for a little twirl while everyone else is on their knees.

10:41 AM - 14 Sep 2018

How does a bag skate bring NHL athletes to their knees anymore? These guys train all off season. The bag skate should be tough but c'mon fellas. Step your game up.

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, RonMexico said:

How does a bag skate bring NHL athletes to their knees anymore? These guys train all off season. The bag skate should be tough but c'mon fellas. Step your game up.

You do understand that a good trainer can bring any athlete to their knees if they design the training properly...right?  I guess not lol.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Please prove me wrong and be good.

I am genuinely asking and not trying to troll here. What are your expectations of him that you expect him to be bad?  I didn’t watch a lot of Caps hockey, but my understanding is that he is a monster on face offs, plays hard nosed gritty hockey and understands the role of a veteran bottom 6 center. His contract could be questioned for amount and definitely for term but as a player or locker room guy I understood he is fantastic. In a few years we will see if be can keep it up. Honestly curious what the question marks on him are.