The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Antoine Roussel | #26 | LW

-SN-

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm wondering why Gaudette didn't get in for Sutter against the Rangers?  Back to back games was a good spot to rest Sutter.  

hard to say... feels like time to get AG back in. I can't wait to see Roussel-AG-Ferland, that line will be a lot of fun and very annoying to play against. 

• Cheers 1

Will be interesting to see where Roussel slips back in and if he's at the same level he was last season. He's quite versatile so could play anywhere in our bottom-9 to be honest. At the very least, he'll be nice to have on our 4th line to give one of Beagle, Motte and Schaller a spell or night off from time to time, at the best he might find himself on Horvat's wing if the 2nd line goes a bit stale.

I'd work him in slowly and not tinker with too much for this successful team at the moment, but you'd have to think at this rate Leivo is the odd man out.

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Virtanen

Ferland - Sutter - Roussel (gritty tough line that can score)

Motte - Beagle - Schaller

• Cheers 2

On 10/26/2019 at 12:06 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Will be interesting to see where Roussel slips back in and if he's at the same level he was last season. He's quite versatile so could play anywhere in our bottom-9 to be honest. At the very least, he'll be nice to have on our 4th line to give one of Beagle, Motte and Schaller a spell or night off from time to time, at the best he might find himself on Horvat's wing if the 2nd line goes a bit stale.

I'd work him in slowly and not tinker with too much for this successful team at the moment, but you'd have to think at this rate Leivo is the odd man out.

Then comes Tryampkin 

On 10/26/2019 at 12:06 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

nah

i foresee now

that as the season progresses

gaudette will be glued to bo on his line

they will become a permanent duo

with a 3rd player, pearson, virt, rous, leivo, ferland, rotating with them throughout the season

that gives the top 2 lines quality centre depth

and guadette can develop into an offensive force

primarily from the wing position

not sure he will ever be a quality 2 way centre

3 hours ago, Slegr said:

Roussel is great, but I hope people manage their expectations when he gets back in. The guy hasn't played in several months. It'll take some time before he's anywhere near as effective as he was before he got injured last season.

Exactly.  By the time he finally rounds into form again, the season may be over.  

On 10/26/2019 at 9:06 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

I do not know if anyone remembers but when Roussel - Sutter - Virt were together for a few times last year they were gold. I Really want to see that again. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I could see him slotting in with Horvat again since he had a lot of success playing with Bo last season.

Maybe not initially...but once he's got his legs back under him, timing and hands back up to speed...why the hell not?

• Cheers 2

I hope Roussel comes in and picks up where he left off, but he's had a lot of time off and major knee surgery. Honestly I feel like the odds are against him a bit. Major knee surgery has a way of making you lose a step, especially when you have it as your approaching 30.