The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Antoine Roussel | #26 | LW

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's got another 2 years at $3 million per.  At least Loui can score empty net goals.  Roussel can't even do that...

might be movable next year, with some salary retained on the Canuck's end, for a playoff team. 

Roussel Had ACL surgery.  That takes sometimes a year to fully get back to normal.  Plus he is around 5 months behind everyone else in his conditioning.  He could sit a bit but he maybe very valuable come playoff time.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Roussel should have been sitting out every third game.  I've always wondered why players returning from significant surgeries and injuries are shoved into the line up and play every game.

Strange, as the Canucks have said they would monitor Joulevi's ice time after his injuries but other players are not treated the same.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  Roussel right now is playing worse than Loui.  I'd flip Virtanen over to left wing and add Sutter to that line and add MacEwen to the 4th line.  Time to sit Roussel.  He can't even fight anymore, can't skate, can't shoot, can't score.  His contract may be more immovable than Loui's...

Another way to look at it is, Eriksson is finally playing better regardless of whether Roussel is considered or not.

Edited by Me_

Roussel’s likeability factor is off the charts. He has had a tough season and will not be part of the group that seriously contends for a Van Cup. That said he is a great team player and truly is out of the Burrows mould. Always a great interview.

• Cheers 1

I hope this is the start of some strong play by Roussel, if he's playing well our team plays well but when he's invisible we struggle. He's a big spark plug and role guy for this squad and when he was on top of his game we were on a winning streak. Smart heads up play on the goals and some great forechecking against Colorado, hope he keeps it up and the 3rd line stay together.

• 1 month later...

I can't wait for a healthy Antoine Roussel to start next season.

I remember last summer he said with the time out from his surgery the muscles in his thighs were not as strong and had shrunken due to lost time for workouts, and you could see that his pivoting on his leg looked far more tentative during the year.  Likely doesn't fully trust the knee and joint to respond as quickly and sufficiently which led to him not being on the forecheck as quickly and not getting into many scrums.  His game is driven by being quick on his skates and driving the forecheck hard which require strong muscles and confidence in his joints to pivot laterally quickly.

I think we see Antoine return to form with a full year to recover and workout properly.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 12:10 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I can't wait for a healthy Antoine Roussel to start next season.

I remember last summer he said with the time out from his surgery the muscles in his thighs were not as strong and had shrunken due to lost time for workouts, and you could see that his pivoting on his leg looked far more tentative during the year.  Likely doesn't fully trust the knee and joint to respond as quickly and sufficiently which led to him not being on the forecheck as quickly and not getting into many scrums.  His game is driven by being quick on his skates and driving the forecheck hard which require strong muscles and confidence in his joints to pivot laterally quickly.

I think we see Antoine return to form with a full year to recover and workout properly.

Healthy Roussel + Healthy Ferland and hopefully team resigns Toffoli and get rid-off of Eriksson's contract. If that's the case, the team can really do some damage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Rooster talking smack. I approve.

That will make his line the line of focus on the ice. Guess who's on that line? Ferland hahaa. now when they think of Roussel they will quickly think of Ferland. When they get hit by Ferland they will think of the Rooster. 200 IQ mind games, les go!