The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Antoine Roussel | #26 | LW

-SN-

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Perhaps I am too fixated on 2-3 years out. I am not overly worried about playoffs next year and think player development supersedes that concern. Bottom 2 lines with one vet per line with perhaps another on the taxi squad is worth trying. Highmore is not in my vet category.  Mott, Rous, Sutter and Beagle. I would go with Mott and Rous. 

Oh I understand you. I am one of those that think last year was a blip and we will be much better this year. However, look how so many reacted this year with the banners and and and... This fanbase would go bonkers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of all the departures this summer, this one is the one im more sad about from a sentimental standpoint.

wish Rousse all the best in ARZ! 

Who knows, wouldn't mind him back at a far more reasonable price in the future. We will miss his pesky side in the game.

No thanks to a return.

While we may have fond memories of Game 3 against Minnesota and Game 6 against St. Louis, we have a lot of other memories of him in the penalty box or on the IR.  He made more than enough money from us in the three years he was here.

59 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Of all the departures this summer, this one is the one im more sad about from a sentimental standpoint.

wish Rousse all the best in ARZ! 

Who knows, wouldn't mind him back at a far more reasonable price in the future. We will miss his pesky side in the game.

I liked, nay, loved year 1 Roussel, but he really fell off in a huge way after that and took a lot more bad penalties than he drew. Maybe if he gets some game back, for league minimum or something he might be a decent 13th forward or something.

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Johnson might look seriously at signing Rooster to Abby.  He'd bring leadership, experience, some scoring likely, and a back-up warm body if we ever get that far into the organization for call-ups. 

he was spectacular for his role until his knee injury then he lost a stepped, pulled it together in the bubble which was the last hoorah for super, beagle and rooster, all great leaders and their leadership was missed but they got too old too soon, part of the reason the team is where it is now

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Johnson might look seriously at signing Rooster to Abby.  He'd bring leadership, experience, some scoring likely, and a back-up warm body if we ever get that far into the organization for call-ups. 

Would love to see him in Abbotsford. His leadership could be great.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Always liked Rouss, he was absolute money that first season. He gets dumped on too often but the folks dumping on him tend to underestimate the impact a knee injury can have on a hockey career. He was never the same after that but that wasn't his fault. 

Had the injury never occurred I reckon it's unlikely we'd have traded him. 

On 7/23/2021 at 2:56 PM, -AJ- said:

Had some good memories. All the best to Rooster!

Actually played above his pay grade his first season as a Canuck (easily full value for the money that year).  His body just broke down (accumulated injuries).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan