The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tim Schaller | #59 | C

-SN-

14 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

yah i am sure Schaller is really going to do alot of fighting.... just now coming off Hand Surgery....

PS - and the fact i has 3 fights spread over the last  2 years....

LIke i said earlier...  a guy on my mixed coed bowling team has more fights during bowling games the last 2 years than Schaller has had.....

Figures the Canucks sign the Enforcer.... right after he has hand surgery......  Nothing like looking for  a guy with a healing broken hand to drop the gloves 

Sure pal.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

I like what Roussel, Beagle and Schaller bring to the bottom 6. Hard nosed, in your face tenacity. I like Gaunce but he's not mean he's to "nice" if thats the right word.. We have new young stars to protect and those 3 including Schaller fit the bill.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I like what Roussel, Beagle and Schaller bring to the bottom 6. Hard nosed, in your face tenacity. I like Gaunce but he's not mean he's to "nice" if thats the right word.. We have new young stars to protect and those 3 including Schaller fit the bill.

Same way with me, but in the next two years when spots are needed for youth what then?????? I only do not like the years of the new contracts, but if it helps us then it balances out.

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I also like what Roussel, Beagle and Schaller provide and think that Brendan Gaunce is very much on the bubble even though he is very responsible defensively. He just lacks that in your face demeanor and aggressiveness that he needs in order to take him to the next level.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

Same way with me, but in the next two years when spots are needed for youth what then?????? I only do not like the years of the new contracts, but if it helps us then it balances out.

They simply get traded, there is ZERO issues with the term Schallers deal expires in 2 years and Roussel and Beagle are very tradeable in 2 years.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Roussel and Beagle both have modified no trade clauses as part of their contracts. This in no way stops the management team from trading them at any time at their discretion. The only restriction is the list of teams that they can not be traded to. If management for example, wanted to trade Jay Beagle this season they could but would be limited as to the teams he would allow a trade to. This in no way blocks any of the prospects from pushing out a veteran if the prospect has demonstrably outplayed the vet. Schaller has no restrictions on his contract and could be moved at any time if need be.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Like 1

On 2018-08-27 at 1:55 PM, canuck73_3 said:

We have $10mil in capspace and people still whine about a 1.9mil 2 year deal. Unreal. 

Agreed, like I said in another post too we need to entice players to come here. 1.9x2 is easy peezy.!!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I also like what Roussel, Beagle and Schaller provide and think that Brendan Gaunce is very much on the bubble even though he is very responsible defensively. He just lacks that in your face demeanor and aggressiveness that he needs in order to take him to the next level.

Without doubt last chance saloon for Gaunce...

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Take out the dead weight vets Gagner and Ericksunnyday$, make room for Palmu and Gaudette. :P We have so many young gunz now that may bolt thru into the line up. It's going to be exciting to see who has 'it' to grab the opportunity.

Edited by Hairy Kneel

13 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Hate to break it to you but we are not going to keep all of Baer, Granlund, Leipsic, Goldobin or Gaunce long term. Some will get replaced with younger, better players as the rebuild chugs along over the next 1-3 years.

On top of that, Gagner is gone this or next year. Same with Schaller. The year after that, Sutter. And the year following, Eriksson, Roussel and Beagle (assuming they get moved/walk in their last contract years). 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Hate to break it to you but we are not going to keep all of Baer, Granlund, Leipsic, Goldobin or Gaunce long term. Some will get replaced with younger, better players as the rebuild chugs along over the next 1-3 years.

On top of that, Gagner is gone this or next year. Same with Schaller. The year after that, Sutter. And the year following, Eriksson, Roussel and Beagle (assuming they get moved/walk in their last contract years). 

The next few year are going to be interesting as the new generation is taking over.

And like it or loathe it...there will be casualties and amongst both the vets and prospects alike. 

Roll your selves up time or be left behind... the train ride is starting for real now.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

The next few year are going to be interesting as the new generation is taking over.

And like it or loathe it...there will be casualties and amongst both the vets and prospects alike

Roll your selves up time or be left behind... the train ride is starting for real now.

Yup a few of the more reactive folk around here are going to have to come to grips with that.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...