The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The World Events Thread

RUPERTKBD

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

And it's also my opinion that he is a loser. Especially in this case.

I also think some curvy females are hot AF. 

I was so happy when Sir Mix-a-lot came out with his iconic song in '92. Which made tons of money as it highlighted a very popular idea of beauty that mainstream at the time was almost condemning. 

Girls having big butts in the 80's was frowned on, now guess what body part most females at my gym work on? 

Edit: to add, he uses the silliest words to make his statement..."Sorry. Not beautiful. And no amount of authoritarian tolerance is going to change that.".

'authoritarian tolerance' ? wtf, is this guy just another fear/hate slinger?

But maybe I just assumed something too, maybe it's not that the model is curvy that he has a problem with? I dunno? maybe she doesn't look like she uses 'simple Anglo-Saxon words' ? ;)

My guess is that "authoritarian tolerance" is code for "no fat chicks".....

"Loser", is a perfectly accurate descriptor, IMHO. No matter how much the characterization might bother his fans....

• Cheers 1

Early days but things are looking good.

Hopefully it's the end of nut jobs reign. 

He was never a king however I feel this is just like when we dumped Howard after his ten years 

So...... 

And yes I am dancing 

• Like 1

Yeeessss 

We have a new government. 

It's looking like the cross benchers will hold the power.

Aussies are sick of the 2 major parties. 

Hopefully they will keep the bastards honest.  

We are not going down this path 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Hopefully it's the end of nut jobs reign. 

Colbert- Late Show last night; he posted a picture of Morrison. He called it "bullfrog staring at the fly that got away"

7;20 in

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 5/19/2022 at 7:33 AM, bishopshodan said:

What does this guy know about beauty?

He really seems like quite the loser. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/jordan-peterson-twitter-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-yumi-nu-rcna29382

Peterson is a joke. He made his name on attacking people and seems to want to continue it. Its sad to me that he's influenced so many young men. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/19/2022 at 7:50 AM, bishopshodan said:

Edit: to add, he uses the silliest words to make his statement..."Sorry. Not beautiful. And no amount of authoritarian tolerance is going to change that.".

'authoritarian tolerance' ? wtf, is this guy just another fear/hate slinger?

its the programming he uses for his frail young male audience. He's telling them not to like curvy women because the "left" is telling them to. Thats the kind of hateful crap that makes this guy a national embarrassment. 

The truly sad part is his minions that hang on his advice may be passing up opportunities for real relationships. 

• Vintage 1

*** While confessing to adultery he conveniently left out the fact that is was statutory rape.  ***

Pastor Admits to 'Adultery' During Service — But Then Female Church Member Takes the Mic: 'I Was Just 16'

Pastor John Lowe prays during Indiana Pastors Alliance prayer rally at the Statehouse Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2015, in Indianapolis. Supporters and opponents of expanding LGBT rights in Indiana have descended on the Statehouse, with both sides citing Christian beliefs as justification for their positions.

Pastor John Lowe prays during Indiana Pastors Alliance prayer rally at the Statehouse Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2015, in Indianapolis. Supporters and opponents of expanding LGBT rights in Indiana have descended on the Statehouse, with both sides citing Christian beliefs as justification for their positions.

A pastor in Indiana announced he was stepping down from his position on Sunday, telling his congregants that he had "committed adultery." However, after he walked away from the microphone, a woman claimed that was only the "partial truth," and that she was 16 at the time, according to video footage that has been viewed by thousands on social media.

New Life Christian Church & World Outreach, located in Warsaw, acknowledged the accusations against Pastor John B. Lowe II in a statement on their website, writing in part, "We are hurting and broken for a woman who has lovingly attended and served in the church for many years, as well as for her husband and family."

PEOPLE has attempted to reach Lowe for comment.

The incident unfolded at the end of the service, as Lowe claimed that his infidelity occurred "nearly 20 years ago" and "continued far too long," according to the video.

"It involved one person and there's been no other," he continued. "I sinned. I need to say that and you deserve to hear it."

After asking for forgiveness from "those that I sinned against," Lowe announced that he would be stepping down, in accordance with church bylines and the recommendations of the board.

Although he immediately got a standing ovation at the end of his speech, a hush quickly came over the crowd when a woman and her husband approached the microphone.

"For 27 years, I lived in a prison. It was not 20 years," said the woman, who described herself as a victim of Lowe's. "I was just 16 when you took my virginity on your office floor.

Do you remember that? I know you do."

The woman, who has not been publicly identified by name, is now in her 40s, while Lowe is 65, according to the Washington Post.

As she addressed the congregants, the woman said that for decades she lied "to protect the Lowe family" and "thought I was a horrible person."

She claimed that she "would still be in a prison" today if not for her brother, who approached her two weeks earlier with his recollection of what he had seen when they were teenagers.

"You are not the victim here," she said to Lowe. "The church deserves to know the truth. This church has been built on lies, but no more."

"People have to be held accountable," added her husband. "They can't just bamboozle people and just say, well I just committed adultery. It was far beyond adultery."

Then, the voices of several church goers could be heard, demanding to hear from Lowe. "If you did it, you need to admit it," one person could be heard yelling out.

Around the 12-minute mark, the video shows how the pastor addressed questions from the congregation, saying, "She was 16 years old."

"It was wrong," he said. "I can't make it right. I can't make it any better. That's just the way it is."

"If I could go back and redo it all, I would," he added at another point. "I can't, and all I can do is ask you to forgive me."

On Monday, the Kosciusko County Prosecutor's Office told news station WANE 15 that there is a pending investigation into the matter.

However, when reached by PEOPLE on Tuesday, a spokesperson said in a statement that "after reviewing the Indiana Rules of Professional Conduct, Kosciusko County

Prosecuting Attorney Daniel Hampton is not permitted to disseminate any information regarding alleged misconduct."

New Life Christian Church & World Outreach did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment, but in a statement on their website, the church said "this long-held secret first came to light when a woman in the church came forward and disclosed the relationship to various people within the church."

"When confronted by others in church leadership concerning that report, Pastor Lowe confessed privately that the adultery did, in fact, occur," the statement continued. "The woman in question and her family did attend together and addressed the congregation, indicating that improper sexual conduct first occurred when she was 16 years of age and continued into her twenties. She tearfully described living with deep shame and pain over the ensuing years."

"In the wake of what has now been revealed, we are hurting and broken for a woman who has lovingly attended and served in the church for many years, as well as for her husband and family. It is our deepest prayer and commitment to love, support, encourage and help her through a process of healing in any way in which we are able," the church added.

The church went on to claim that until the woman came forward recently, "none of this was disclosed to or known by any of the staff, ministers or personnel."

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

*** While confessing to adultery he conveniently left out the fact that is was statutory rape.  ***

Pastor Admits to 'Adultery' During Service — But Then Female Church Member Takes the Mic: 'I Was Just 16'

A pastor in Indiana announced he was stepping down from his position on Sunday, telling his congregants that he had "committed adultery." However, after he walked away from the microphone, a woman claimed that was only the "partial truth," and that she was 16 at the time, according to video footage that has been viewed by thousands on social media.

New Life Christian Church & World Outreach, located in Warsaw, acknowledged the accusations against Pastor John B. Lowe II in a statement on their website, writing in part, "We are hurting and broken for a woman who has lovingly attended and served in the church for many years, as well as for her husband and family."

PEOPLE has attempted to reach Lowe for comment.

The incident unfolded at the end of the service, as Lowe claimed that his infidelity occurred "nearly 20 years ago" and "continued far too long," according to the video.

"It involved one person and there's been no other," he continued. "I sinned. I need to say that and you deserve to hear it."

After asking for forgiveness from "those that I sinned against," Lowe announced that he would be stepping down, in accordance with church bylines and the recommendations of the board.

Although he immediately got a standing ovation at the end of his speech, a hush quickly came over the crowd when a woman and her husband approached the microphone.

"For 27 years, I lived in a prison. It was not 20 years," said the woman, who described herself as a victim of Lowe's. "I was just 16 when you took my virginity on your office floor.

Do you remember that? I know you do."

The woman, who has not been publicly identified by name, is now in her 40s, while Lowe is 65, according to the Washington Post.

As she addressed the congregants, the woman said that for decades she lied "to protect the Lowe family" and "thought I was a horrible person."

She claimed that she "would still be in a prison" today if not for her brother, who approached her two weeks earlier with his recollection of what he had seen when they were teenagers.

"You are not the victim here," she said to Lowe. "The church deserves to know the truth. This church has been built on lies, but no more."

"People have to be held accountable," added her husband. "They can't just bamboozle people and just say, well I just committed adultery. It was far beyond adultery."

Then, the voices of several church goers could be heard, demanding to hear from Lowe. "If you did it, you need to admit it," one person could be heard yelling out.

Around the 12-minute mark, the video shows how the pastor addressed questions from the congregation, saying, "She was 16 years old."

"It was wrong," he said. "I can't make it right. I can't make it any better. That's just the way it is."

"If I could go back and redo it all, I would," he added at another point. "I can't, and all I can do is ask you to forgive me."

On Monday, the Kosciusko County Prosecutor's Office told news station WANE 15 that there is a pending investigation into the matter.

However, when reached by PEOPLE on Tuesday, a spokesperson said in a statement that "after reviewing the Indiana Rules of Professional Conduct, Kosciusko County

Prosecuting Attorney Daniel Hampton is not permitted to disseminate any information regarding alleged misconduct."

New Life Christian Church & World Outreach did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment, but in a statement on their website, the church said "this long-held secret first came to light when a woman in the church came forward and disclosed the relationship to various people within the church."

"When confronted by others in church leadership concerning that report, Pastor Lowe confessed privately that the adultery did, in fact, occur," the statement continued. "The woman in question and her family did attend together and addressed the congregation, indicating that improper sexual conduct first occurred when she was 16 years of age and continued into her twenties. She tearfully described living with deep shame and pain over the ensuing years."

"In the wake of what has now been revealed, we are hurting and broken for a woman who has lovingly attended and served in the church for many years, as well as for her husband and family. It is our deepest prayer and commitment to love, support, encourage and help her through a process of healing in any way in which we are able," the church added.

The church went on to claim that until the woman came forward recently, "none of this was disclosed to or known by any of the staff, ministers or personnel."

When they go Lowe.....we go Lowe-er.....

• Cheers 1

Quick question for my compadres who frequent this thread:

Am I the only one on the planet who does not give a flying f*** about whatever happened between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard?

FFS! Every "news" site I visit has this crap posted front and center....:wacko:

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Am I the only one on the planet who does not give a flying f*** about whatever happened between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard?

279012945_377877697689192_1553819591342811261_n.jpg.59d184cbba6445d29f62ab170e5f7eb3.jpg.2e91f940a0662898bc76659d654630a5.jpg

agreed-horrible waste of air time- they could have used that time to begin an ongoing investigative story about government corruption; or why the NRA donates money to various politicians.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Could care less. 

On 5/21/2022 at 8:18 AM, JM_ said:

its the programming he uses for his frail young male audience. He's telling them not to like curvy women because the "left" is telling them to. Thats the kind of hateful crap that makes this guy a national embarrassment. 

The truly sad part is his minions that hang on his advice may be passing up opportunities for real relationships. 

As if I needed another reason to dislike that turd. 

I love curvy women because to me they have always been incredibly sexy while bony and flat bottomed women have not. To each their own but is there any reason to try and tear what you don't like down instead of build women up? Yes, there is a reason and it either you're a piece of $&!#, have a small wiener or both.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

As if I needed another reason to dislike that turd. 

I love curvy women because to me they have always been incredibly sexy while bony and flat bottomed women have not. To each their own but is there any reason to try and tear what you don't like down instead of build women up? Yes, there is a reason and it either you're a piece of $&!#, have a small wiener or both.

I've always had a wide range of what I find attractive, so to me Peterson's rant is really stupid, and also dangerous. But he's makes his bank on male insecurity so no big surprise there. 

38 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I've always had a wide range of what I find attractive, so to me Peterson's rant is really stupid, and also dangerous. But he's makes his bank on male insecurity so no big surprise there. 

I agree about variety...pinner Kate Moss types just ain't for me. And yes his schtick is pandering to that demo so no surprise. 

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I am more concerned about Boo and Pistol.

For us Aussies terrier gate in no laughing matter my friend ! 

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/barnaby-joyce-takes-swipe-at-actor-johnny-depp-as-terrier-gate-reignited/news-story/5fd50be01ad86cc3367e0d348b8b0fee

13 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not following it but it is kinda hard to avoid. Like you said it's everywhere. From what I can gather she shi* talked him and he lost a few gigs. So he's suing for I don't know what. Probably a big bag of money. She may be counter suing, not sure. Oh and it seems she once shi* in their bed on purpose.

Seems to be the Tik Tok generation's OJ trial.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Not following it but it is kinda hard to avoid. Like you said it's everywhere. From what I can gather she shi* talked him and he lost a few gigs. So he's suing for I don't know what. Probably a big bag of money. She may be counter suing, not sure. Oh and it seems she once shi* in their bed on purpose.

Seems to be the Tik Tok generation's OJ trial.

At least that one had a low speed highway chase....