The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The World Events Thread

RUPERTKBD

4 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

My obsession with the the dominant nation in the world since WW2 and the negative impact that nation has had in so many others is unhealthy ?

When you blame Chinese nationalism and militarism on the US, yes it is. What has the US done to China exactly that has justified this reaction again? The billions in aid? The lucrative investments from American businesses? Not wanting Taiwan to be leveled to make the dream of a dead maniac come true?

Edited by Kurgom

Maybe I was wrong, maybe Canada should stockpile nukes now too. I mean, the US is right there and a much bigger threat to us than it ever will be to China realistically, and if the US being evil made them start stockpiling, we should too I guess?

53 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

When you blame Chinese nationalism and militarism on the US, yes it is. What has the US done to China exactly that has justified this reaction again? The billions in aid? The lucrative investments from American businesses? Not wanting Taiwan to be leveled to make the dream of a dead maniac come true?

I  am stating China feels threatened and you still haven't answered my question about US bases 

Billions in aid from the US ?

Doing a bit of research I can come up with a few packages in the millions,the largest being 12 million from USAID that was targeted for Tibetan communities,climate change and rule of law iniatives and that while with climate change initiatives they are doing well in the other 2 they are failing/ have failed miserably.

The investments from American business ?

What like the NBA and LeBron who want access to 1.4 billion consumers 

C'mon mate don't try and pull that BS 

China won't level Taiwan,at worst they will invade it and make it part of China 

Much like the US did with the Hawaiian islands.

https://www.nea.org/advocating-for-change/new-from-nea/illegal-overthrow-hawaiian-kingdom-government

Pretty certain they won't use it as a nuclear testing ground like the US did in the Marshall islands which led to radiation poisoning,birth defects, leukaemia and other cancers which became prevalent in the exposed Marshallese.

$#@$ four of those islands were partially or totally vapourised.

Edited by Ilunga

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

Billions in aid from the US ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_aid_to_China

China also sits as a "developing" country in the WTO, being a huge fish in a small pond and bending the organization to favor them outright in ever way. They refuse to let other countries that actually need the help have it by refusing to change declare they are developed. They reap the benefits of being considered "developing" while it continues to become the location of the most wealth on the planet.

China also has these huge loans that will bankrupt Africa like Europe did in the past. They have such a disgusting grip on any wealth in Central Asia and Africa it's insane to me you can complain about the past of the US while these things are happening. The US has been shamed and destroyed, their allies lost faith in them, and the people (like you) all are wary and scared of them. That's why China is being aggressive right now. The grass is always greener, except we all know in reality that's not true and China has the potential to do such horrible things it will make the US look saintly just by the sheer population that is involved in their plans.

There is no question who has done more damage over the past 100 years, just like there isn't a question of who is doing more damage RIGHT NOW. Instead of getting stuck in the past, if you really care about people you should worry about the atrocities we can prevent instead of tallying up what happened in the past. The US was at least trying to reduce it's arsenal, the people became less nationalistic, it's a place where you can say statements like "the US has been a menace on the global stage after WW2." We don't even know the worst things the CCP has done because they burned everything and said "the people won the revolution, it's over now back to work" after Mao became senile. The US has SOME accountability, the &^@#ed up things they do come to light, China has none.

Lest we forget, there are two innocent Canadians being tortured right now because the party thought they were never going to be punished by anyone but the US for their international white collar crime.

1 minute ago, Kurgom said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_aid_to_China

China also sits as a "developing" country in the WTO, being a huge fish in a small pond and bending the organization to favor them outright in ever way. They refuse to let other countries that actually need the help have it by refusing to change declare they are developed. They reap the benefits of being considered "developing" while it continues to become the location of the most wealth on the planet.

China also has these huge loans that will bankrupt Africa like Europe did in the past. They have such a disgusting grip on any wealth in Central Asia and Africa it's insane to me you can complain about the past of the US while these things are happening. The US has been shamed and destroyed, their allies lost faith in them, and the people (like you) all are wary and scared of them. That's why China is being aggressive right now. The grass is always greener, except we all know in reality that's not true and China has the potential to do such horrible things it will make the US look saintly just by the sheer population that is involved in their plans.

There is no question who has done more damage over the past 100 years, just like there isn't a question of who is doing more damage RIGHT NOW. Instead of getting stuck in the past, if you really care about people you should worry about the atrocities we can prevent instead of tallying up what happened in the past. The US was at least trying to reduce it's arsenal, the people became less nationalistic, it's a place where you can say statements like "the US has been a menace on the global stage after WW2." We don't even know the worst things the CCP has done because they burned everything and said "the people won the revolution, it's over now back to work" after Mao became senile. The US has SOME accountability, the &^@#ed up things they do come to light, China has none.

Lest we forget, there are two innocent Canadians being tortured right now because the party thought they were never going to be punished by anyone but the US for their international white collar crime.

I checked that link out before you posted it and it was international aid not just US aid as you stated.

How do you know we you are going if you don't know where you have been ?

Less nationalistic ?

Where have you been for the last four years 

MAGA America first 

The situation in the middle east can be directly traced Americas illegal invasion of Iraq that later set the stage for ISIS.

Then they totally betrayed the Kurds.

You talk about nukes 

Western nations came together organised a deal with Iran to stop them building nukes then trump shredded that deal.

He cosied up with his buddy/master Putin and even let Kim Jong In make a fool of him.

Read the book 20 Dictators Currently supported by the US 

By David Swanson 

Some of them are brutal.

https://www.indepthnews.net/index.php/opinion/3227-u-s-is-greatest-threat-to-world-peace

Now if you read the article you will note it is considered accurate 6 years later.

I am not living in the past and I do not underestimate the threat China poses however it is what has happened and what is happening now that matters.

My thoughts are with the Canadian journalists and the Australian journalist 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-29/australian-cheng-lei-mysterious-china-blog-posts/100098580

Who are illegally detained by the Chinese government.

We are only one step behind them 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-15/abc-raids-australian-federal-police-press-freedom/11309810

Part of the reason they were raiding her apartment was she was investigating reports on our government was spying on us 

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

Less nationalistic ?

Where have you been for the last four years 

MAGA America first

A dying cry from a dead ideology propped up by foreign influences. If you think the US is nationalistic, just do some research into what the CCP has created by continuing to push an ideology of ethnic Han Chinese supremacy in the region. You know those border conflicts? There was zero strategic gain for China geopolitically to make a huge enemy of India, relations were almost warm before this happened. It was a symptom of the insane culture they've created around not only their military as some sort of heroic liberators of the oppressed (sound familiar?) but the people who they use in their military, aimless men with nothing but the nation to bind them, are super easy to radicalize. This got out of hand and someone did something they weren't supposed to, maybe engage with a very outspoken Indian across a valley in the Himalayas because he just had to show him how much better China was. I honestly doubt it was the other way around, considering the Indian military is extremely diverse compared to the PLA and is much less loyal to the current PM, who wont last longer like Trump, which has special separate little task forces for "ethnics." While Xi is the second best leader ever in China after Mao now, didn't you hear?

Look, there are lots of reasons to fight the US government, the Canadian government, and speak badly of their conduct, but the situation in China is very dangerous and it's something people in western countries can't really understand. The party has power and reaching influence to the point that students in foreign countries are afraid to speak out publicly against the CCP or say ANYTHING BAD about China, even report on a serious problem (food safety standards, kidnapping problems, people using kids as tools for begging rings) to try and improve China because they have family in China. It's out of control, and it's continued to get worse after maybe 10 years of looking better? Around the turn of the century.

Too bad if you say something bad about the party, China will never let you access a huge international market, which is how they criminally launder money across the world as they have in this very city. Which is why Elon Musk decided to recently become their puppet, the son of rich apartheid emerald mine owners really loves money. People have a financial interest to praise the CCP, a huge one, and this doesn't exist for the US or it's president, or us and our PM, or really anywhere else in the world except NK but their economy is pathetic so no one cares. I don't think it makes any sense to in the modern world bring attention to the US' stockpile of cold war era bombs and their poor geopolitics and somehow justify China building missile silos to expand their influence across Asia and continue to oppress the &^@# out of their population.

Edited by Kurgom

Travel around the US every second house has an American flag out the front.

They are one of the most nationalistic countries on the planet 

America fck yeah 

The majority of Chinese people are people like you and I.

Out of a population of 1.4 billion there are 94 million communist party members.

I acknowledge that Ping is trying to build an us versus them mentality it's what all populist leaders do.

I posted a link about this and the rise of populism and populist leaders in the world the other day.

Where does this aimless men come from ?

Are the men in the US armed forces aimless men as well ?

If that's the case then Chinese aimless men have not been involved in nearly as many pointless and often unjust conflicts as American aimless men 

You are bang on about anyone who critises their regime and that is $#@$@# up.

You bring up India 

It's leader Modhi is a populist on hand one of his electoral promises was to install 500,000,000 dunnies in his country,something you and I take for granted.

On the other hand India ranks number 1 on the global slavery list with over 18,000,000 people as slaves and a caste system.

I suggest you research that if you are interested in injustice in this world.

China comes in second on that list with over 3 million people as slaves.

As for the US government it is bought and paid for by the big corporations, politicians are just middle management at best.

Do some research on political lobbying in the US and the supreme court's support of it.

Where did I say any of this justifies anything China has done let alone constructing more nukes ?

I haven't 

As for oppressing their population they have lifted over 700,000 million people out of poverty since 1990

In the same time span real wages in both the US and here in Aus have stagnated and/or gone down.

There are more " working poor".

In the US the worlds largest economy average life expectancy has gone down.

They can spend the better part of a trillion dollars on their military and they can't fund a health system ?

2 hours ago, Kurgom said:

A dying cry from a dead ideology propped up by foreign influences. If you think the US is nationalistic, just do some research into what the CCP has created by continuing to push an ideology of ethnic Han Chinese supremacy in the region. You know those border conflicts? There was zero strategic gain for China geopolitically to make a huge enemy of India, relations were almost warm before this happened. It was a symptom of the insane culture they've created around not only their military as some sort of heroic liberators of the oppressed (sound familiar?) but the people who they use in their military, aimless men with nothing but the nation to bind them, are super easy to radicalize. This got out of hand and someone did something they weren't supposed to, maybe engage with a very outspoken Indian across a valley in the Himalayas because he just had to show him how much better China was. I honestly doubt it was the other way around, considering the Indian military is extremely diverse compared to the PLA and is much less loyal to the current PM, who wont last longer like Trump, which has special separate little task forces for "ethnics." While Xi is the second best leader ever in China after Mao now, didn't you hear?

Look, there are lots of reasons to fight the US government, the Canadian government, and speak badly of their conduct, but the situation in China is very dangerous and it's something people in western countries can't really understand. The party has power and reaching influence to the point that students in foreign countries are afraid to speak out publicly against the CCP or say ANYTHING BAD about China, even report on a serious problem (food safety standards, kidnapping problems, people using kids as tools for begging rings) to try and improve China because they have family in China. It's out of control, and it's continued to get worse after maybe 10 years of looking better? Around the turn of the century.

Too bad if you say something bad about the party, China will never let you access a huge international market, which is how they criminally launder money across the world as they have in this very city. Which is why Elon Musk decided to recently become their puppet, the son of rich apartheid emerald mine owners really loves money. People have a financial interest to praise the CCP, a huge one, and this doesn't exist for the US or it's president, or us and our PM, or really anywhere else in the world except NK but their economy is pathetic so no one cares. I don't think it makes any sense to in the modern world bring attention to the US' stockpile of cold war era bombs and their poor geopolitics and somehow justify China building missile silos to expand their influence across Asia and continue to oppress the &^@# out of their population.

Refer to post above 

Having trouble posting from my phone.

4 hours ago, Ilunga said:

So the Ukraine military are reinforcing misogynistic stereotypes 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-04/ukrainian-female-troops-march-in-heels-sparking-outrage/100266528 

I saw this.

What a ridiculous idea.

No wonder there is outrage. 

I watch mma.  Now I know there is, for many, a strange connection between sex and violence ( as a Jane's Addiction song pops in my head) but I always get a chuckle from the ring girls. I find it soo weird that spectators watch a round of fist fighting, then a pretty near naked woman walks around the ring? then back to hard core violence, and repeat with the bikini lady after every round. Its bizarre.

Suppose the Ukraine is taking this idea to a new level. Sexy objectified military killing machines.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Travel around the US every second house has an American flag out the front.

They are one of the most nationalistic countries on the planet 

America fck yeah 

The majority of Chinese people are people like you and I.

As for oppressing their population they have lifted over 700,000 million people out of poverty since 1990

In the same time span real wages in both the US and here in Aus have stagnated and/or gone down.

There are more " working poor".

In the US the worlds largest economy average life expectancy has gone down.

They can spend the better part of a trillion dollars on their military and they can't fund a health system ?

They are one of, but not even close, China is THE MOST NATIONALISTIC. By a large margin. I don't go on reddit and see posts upvoted saying "lol all black people deserve to die though" in response to some tragedy in Africa but you sure do get that on Weibo. The majority are normal people but the majority of Americans aren't, do you even listen to yourself? Now I know not every mainlander is a nationalistic racist but there is NO PUSH BACK because that's the "right" stance to have. In the US a racist will be condemned, in China they will be applauded while people nervously go about their day in fear.

Now you just repeat garbage party talking points. They consider a meager 10 dollars a day "lifted" out of poverty. It's another &^@#ing lie to make Xi look good and you are falling for it hook line and sinker.

If you think the US' health system is bad, it's funny you are $&!#ting on it when talking about China. You do know China DOES NOT have universal healthcare right? You know people are thrown on the street for not being able to pay for emergency care right? RIGHT? You know their military spending has skyrocketed right? You know you can't even divorce your husband while you're &^@#ing bloody and blue without his blessing, right?

Something from wikipedia for you: Healthcare in China consists of both public and private medical institutions and insurance programs. About 95% of the population has at least basic health insurance coverage. Despite this, public health insurance generally only covers about half of medical costs, with the proportion lower for serious or chronic illnesses.

You seem to be too far gone to ever consider that you have been propagandized to support an evil regime through bull$&!# like "the global south" when China looks to use &^@#ing water as a diplomatic tool.

Keep making excuses for a genocidal insane regime because other people are bad too, okay whatever. No one outside of government agents can even publicly speak out against the CCP for fear of losing their job or worse but that's not a problem right, just keep badgering on about how the US ruined the world in statistically the most peaceful era humans have ever had.

Oh and I see you posted the Ukraine military forcing women to march in heels, I really hope you never watch a military parade in China then.

The fact a supposed "humanist" is falling for their propaganda just shows how far reaching their influence is. Like younger people actually believe China is some socialist communist paradise because of the $&!# they are pushing.

Oh no the US is bought by lobbyists and rich people can get away with anything, well guess what? China is the exact same, except there's another class of people above the rich people that can do anything to them so it's all good right? Oh and the slavery numbers in China are much higher than they will ever admit, because the amount of people stuck selling their body or doing crimes for others out of debt is insane and something most people aren't aware of.

India has it's own problems that people like you gladly bring up, but somehow talking about China's problems is taboo and we should focus on how the US is the REAL problem in Asia. India gets heat for modi and nationalism, China gets "but the US is evil and has bases in JAPAN."

People forget until like, 4 years ago, India was closer to Russia than China was, China was closer to the US than India was. But somehow India was never threatened by Invasion enough to do the things China are doing.

Edited by Kurgom
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Kurgom said:

China in Tibet but also pressuring India. China took a little adventure into Vietnam until that blew up in their face. Not that long ago that China and Russia were shooting at one another in Siberia. Major naval expansion onto islands in the South China Sea. Vietnam, Philippines, S. Korea and Japan have all lodged complaints at the UN. Self determination in Taiwan? Broken treaty on Hong Kong?

• Like 1
  • Vintage 3

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

China in Tibet but also pressuring India. China took a little adventure into Vietnam until that blew up in their face. Not that long ago that China and Russia were shooting at one another in Siberia. Major naval expansion onto islands in the South China Sea. Vietnam, Philippines, S. Korea and Japan have all lodged complaints at the UN. Self determination in Taiwan? Broken treaty on Hong Kong?

But the US did Iraq so because I'm woke I have to say something about that instead of recognizing the absolute danger that the modern Chinese state poses on the world.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

But the US did Iraq so because I'm woke I have to say something about that instead of recognizing the absolute danger that the modern Chinese state poses on the world.

IMHO most of the world has been living off the USA military budget since WW II. They can claim sainthood all they want. I had no problem with Trump demanding payment from the Euros. 

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

IMHO most of the world has been living off the USA military budget since WW II. They can claim sainthood all they want. I had no problem with Trump demanding payment from the Euros. 

Yes, no one likes to bring up why the US military budget is so bloated. They are legitimately helping defend many democratic nations especially in Asia. What would happen if US bases left South Korea I wonder?

Just demonize them and put all the worlds problems on them, I guess it's easy to have a big bad. But the US is the good force in Asia right now, don't you forget it. Japanese people and South Korean people will agree, hell so will Vietnamese even though they were at war years ago. Basically everyone but white liberals in western countries agree that China is the problem there.

Edited by Kurgom
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Kurgom said:

They are one of, but not even close, China is THE MOST NATIONALISTIC. By a large margin. I don't go on reddit and see posts upvoted saying "lol all black people deserve to die though" in response to some tragedy in Africa but you sure do get that on Weibo. The majority are normal people but the majority of Americans aren't, do you even listen to yourself? Now I know not every mainlander is a nationalistic racist but there is NO PUSH BACK because that's the "right" stance to have. In the US a racist will be condemned, in China they will be applauded while people nervously go about their day in fear.

Now you just repeat garbage party talking points. They consider a meager 10 dollars a day "lifted" out of poverty. It's another &^@#ing lie to make Xi look good and you are falling for it hook line and sinker.

If you think the US' health system is bad, it's funny you are $&!#ting on it when talking about China. You do know China DOES NOT have universal healthcare right? You know people are thrown on the street for not being able to pay for emergency care right? RIGHT? You know their military spending has skyrocketed right? You know you can't even divorce your husband while you're &^@#ing bloody and blue without his blessing, right?

Something from wikipedia for you: Healthcare in China consists of both public and private medical institutions and insurance programs. About 95% of the population has at least basic health insurance coverage. Despite this, public health insurance generally only covers about half of medical costs, with the proportion lower for serious or chronic illnesses.

You seem to be too far gone to ever consider that you have been propagandized to support an evil regime through bull$&!# like "the global south" when China looks to use &^@#ing water as a diplomatic tool.

Keep making excuses for a genocidal insane regime because other people are bad too, okay whatever. No one outside of government agents can even publicly speak out against the CCP for fear of losing their job or worse but that's not a problem right, just keep badgering on about how the US ruined the world in statistically the most peaceful era humans have ever had.

Oh and I see you posted the Ukraine military forcing women to march in heels, I really hope you never watch a military parade in China then.

The fact a supposed "humanist" is falling for their propaganda just shows how far reaching their influence is. Like younger people actually believe China is some socialist communist paradise because of the $&!# they are pushing.

Oh no the US is bought by lobbyists and rich people can get away with anything, well guess what? China is the exact same, except there's another class of people above the rich people that can do anything to them so it's all good right? Oh and the slavery numbers in China are much higher than they will ever admit, because the amount of people stuck selling their body or doing crimes for others out of debt is insane and something most people aren't aware of.

India has it's own problems that people like you gladly bring up, but somehow talking about China's problems is taboo and we should focus on how the US is the REAL problem in Asia. India gets heat for modi and nationalism, China gets "but the US is evil and has bases in JAPAN."

People forget until like, 4 years ago, India was closer to Russia than China was, China was closer to the US than India was. But somehow India was never threatened by Invasion enough to do the things China are doing.

Dude you luv putting things in people's mouths 

I stated none of those things you claim I did  if so prove it by pulling quotes from my posts

I think we will leave it there you have gone past delusional and into ga ga land 

You do not seem able to hold a rational,logical debate,rather you let your emotions take over.

Hope you are having a good one.

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I think it was right for the US to ask for the Europeans to pay more for their own defence.

However on the homefront what's more important, spending money looking after your citizens or feeding an already bloated military budget that guys like Cheney and Rummy were stealing trillions from.

57 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Dude you luv putting things in people's mouths 

I stated none of those things you claim I did  if so prove it by pulling quotes from my posts

I think we will leave it there you have gone past delusional and into ga ga land 

You do not seem able to hold a rational,logical debate,rather you let your emotions take over.

Hope you are having a good one.

Hey man, when you respond to someone lamenting China's increasingly aggressive, draconian geopolitics with "but America has a bunch of nukes leftover from the cold war and they wont throw them all away at once so Russia can freely &^@# Europe, so China feels scared" it's hard to see you as anything but an idiot or purposefully muddying the waters specifically around the discussion of the CCP. And you can deny that is what you did, but looking at how this conversation started, was there any reason to bring up the US in relation to my post except to provide a flimsy shield for the CCP and try to deflect attention away from a terrifying regime that threatens 4 billion people?

What does the US' stockpile, which exists as a counter balance to the Russian's stockpile, have to do with China suddenly massing silos? Nothing, at all, any nothing in my post had anything to do with the US beyond illustrating the reality of a world with multiple countries having the power to end the planet.

You hate the US because the US is accountable and you know everything they've done to hurt not only their own people but innocents abroad. Do you know that rape is basically the de facto way the CCP has "reeducated" women who disagreed with them since the mid 60's? Do you know the abhorrent $&!# they have done to their own party members because they disliked mao, only to walk all over their death by making them "martyrs" after the "peoples proletariat blablabla." There's no indication any of this has changed after all, they still adore Mao.

Here's some reading for you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Zhixin

From there:

n 1969, she was imprisoned in a tiny cell for her critical comments toward Mao. She saved up 2 yuan a month to purchase books to read in the facility, where she wrote her study notes on toilet paper. The prison guards then took her pen away. She proclaimed that the party would be "punished by history; if not sooner, then later".[3][4] For a year and a half she was frequently shackled in leg irons and tied in a harness.[3]

The party forced her to sign divorce papers. Confined in an all-male prison, she was raped and tortured.[3] Other male prisoners were told they could reduce their sentences if they were willing to torture Zhang.[3]

Her story isn't unique, and it's not like the CCP changed their tune about how to treat people after this. The same sort of "we're going to force you to divorce your husband so we can rape you because we're morally good guys and don't steal peoples wives" $&!# is alive and well in the CCP.

Here's a really good article about her:

https://www.chinafile.com/reporting-opinion/caixin-media/zhang-zhixin-woman-who-took-gang-four

Some prison authorities apparently objected, saying that she had gone mad. Indeed, Zhang had reportedly taken to smearing herself with her own excrement to stave off her rapists. But these objections were shot down. “Every day she lives she becomes more counterrevolutionary,” came the order from the top. “Let’s kill her and have it over with.”

This article is about how China did not educate it's youth on the absolute horrendous and backwards garbage that was the "cultural revolution." How some more socially democratic leaders said China wasn't safe from another one unless they properly legislated and educated the youth on the atrocities the party committed in the name of "unity." Well, Xi stopped that didn't he? The "memorial" for this woman of course doesn't mention her name, what happened to her, just some blurb about pursuing the truth.

Edited by Kurgom

5 hours ago, Kurgom said:

Hey man, when you respond to someone lamenting China's increasingly aggressive, draconian geopolitics with "but America has a bunch of nukes leftover from the cold war and they wont throw them all away at once so Russia can freely &^@# Europe, so China feels scared" it's hard to see you as anything but an idiot or purposefully muddying the waters specifically around the discussion of the CCP. And you can deny that is what you did, but looking at how this conversation started, was there any reason to bring up the US in relation to my post except to provide a flimsy shield for the CCP and try to deflect attention away from a terrifying regime that threatens 4 billion people?

What does the US' stockpile, which exists as a counter balance to the Russian's stockpile, have to do with China suddenly massing silos? Nothing, at all, any nothing in my post had anything to do with the US beyond illustrating the reality of a world with multiple countries having the power to end the planet.

You hate the US because the US is accountable and you know everything they've done to hurt not only their own people but innocents abroad. Do you know that rape is basically the de facto way the CCP has "reeducated" women who disagreed with them since the mid 60's? Do you know the abhorrent $&!# they have done to their own party members because they disliked mao, only to walk all over their death by making them "martyrs" after the "peoples proletariat blablabla." There's no indication any of this has changed after all, they still adore Mao.

Here's some reading for you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Zhixin

From there:

n 1969, she was imprisoned in a tiny cell for her critical comments toward Mao. She saved up 2 yuan a month to purchase books to read in the facility, where she wrote her study notes on toilet paper. The prison guards then took her pen away. She proclaimed that the party would be "punished by history; if not sooner, then later".[3][4] For a year and a half she was frequently shackled in leg irons and tied in a harness.[3]

The party forced her to sign divorce papers. Confined in an all-male prison, she was raped and tortured.[3] Other male prisoners were told they could reduce their sentences if they were willing to torture Zhang.[3]

Her story isn't unique, and it's not like the CCP changed their tune about how to treat people after this. The same sort of "we're going to force you to divorce your husband so we can rape you because we're morally good guys and don't steal peoples wives" $&!# is alive and well in the CCP.

Here's a really good article about her:

https://www.chinafile.com/reporting-opinion/caixin-media/zhang-zhixin-woman-who-took-gang-four

Some prison authorities apparently objected, saying that she had gone mad. Indeed, Zhang had reportedly taken to smearing herself with her own excrement to stave off her rapists. But these objections were shot down. “Every day she lives she becomes more counterrevolutionary,” came the order from the top. “Let’s kill her and have it over with.”

This article is about how China did not educate it's youth on the absolute horrendous and backwards garbage that was the "cultural revolution." How some more socially democratic leaders said China wasn't safe from another one unless they properly legislated and educated the youth on the atrocities the party committed in the name of "unity." Well, Xi stopped that didn't he? The "memorial" for this woman of course doesn't mention her name, what happened to her, just some blurb about pursuing the truth.

I am only posting to correct your BS.

I am not lamenting anything about China.

I have critisised them for their human rights abuses and their crackdown on free speech.

I have pointed out that the US has been the biggest rogue nation which on this planet since WW2 and provided the evidence to back up my argument.

None of which you have refuted because you can't.

As for the left over cold war nukes 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/10/cold-war-era-weapon-100bn-us-plan-to-build-new-nuclear-missile-sparks-concern

The story you put forward about Zhang is heartbreaking and my heart goes out to her family 

However you obviously haven't researched the cointelpro operations I informed you about or Herbert Hoovers actions as well as Senator Joe McCarthy.

Here is what they did to a hero of mine 

https://www.history.com/news/martin-luther-king-jr-fbi-j-edgar-hoover-communism

And they have done this to many others who have not toed the line.

Read the book I mentioned and educate yourself.

As for your claim I am just listening to the CCP's propaganda in regards to over 8 hundred million people being lifted out if poverty,my source is the World bank.

https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/china-lifting-800-million-people-out-of-poverty-is-historic-world-bank-117101300027_1.html

And if they were only earning as little as you say they are why do western companies want a big slice of their pie ?

You still haven't answered my question about what the US would do if China had just one base,let alone the ring of bases close to China and no doubt Nuclear subs patrolling waters close to China.

We both know what would happen WW3 

To set you straight there is only 1 thing I hate- hate is such a useless emotion- and that is injustice.

And it is clear who has caused more of that on this planet in the last 70 years.

China and America are criminals,china is open about it,the US is like a pedophile priest,he preaches good however practices bad.

And people like that really piss me off.

Edited by Ilunga