Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The World Events Thread


RUPERTKBD
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I think we are going to see a war in the near future between these two nations, sans nuclear weapons.


https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-and-india-move-tens-of-thousands-of-troops-to-the-border-as-tensions-rise/ar-AALHAkM?li=BBnbfcL

Massive populations, China's is over balanced with men, so a thinning of them in a short war might suit the overlords of the CCP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Nobody is firing off any nukes so close to Russia.

 

 

 

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/military/should-us-worry-about-chinas-new-missile-silos-found-deep-in-desert/news-story/0824ee0e99c7f69b186d370da6d1c575

 

 

https://www.mtu.edu/news/2018/06/more-harm-than-good-assessing-the-nuclear-arsenal-tipping-point.html

 

Now as the second article concludes any nation that uses more than 100 nukes against another nation.

endangers itself.

 

A paper published by the bulletin of atomic scientists in 2020 states China has about 350 nuclear warheads.

 

Why do you think China is building more nuclear sites ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

 

Why do you think China is building more nuclear sites ?

 

And this will eventually push Japan to start making nuclear weapons they are very capable of making. I can only see China building this many nukes as a hard power play like the Soviets did in the past, force western powers and influence out of Asia whether the populace wants it or not and enact their will over their neighbors. India of course will start stockpiling, and Pakistan might be armed by China in a Cuban missile crisis sort of situation. Maybe Australia even gets antsy and starts stockpiling. And lets not forget, if the US or Russia even feel threatened for a second everyone is dead. Countries that were formerly reducing now have no trouble justifying increasing their arsenal. This is really bone headed politics from China, it seems like they are really intent on killing us all.

Edited by Kurgom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kurgom said:

And this will eventually push Japan to start making nuclear weapons they are very capable of making. I can only see China building this many nukes as a hard power play like the Soviets did in the past, force western powers and influence out of Asia whether the populace wants it or not and enact their will over their neighbors. India of course will start stockpiling, and Pakistan might be armed by China in a Cuban missile crisis sort of situation. Maybe Australia even gets antsy and starts stockpiling. And lets not forget, if the US or Russia even feel threatened for a second everyone is dead. Countries that were formerly reducing now have no trouble justifying increasing their arsenal. This is really bone headed politics from China, it seems like they are really intent on killing us all.

Nine countries in the world have a total of just over 13,000 nuclear warheads with US and Russia holding over 90 percent of them.

 

As one of the articles stated any nation that uses over 100 nukes against another nation endangers itself.

 

https://www.indepthnews.net/index.php/opinion/3227-u-s-is-greatest-threat-to-world-peace

 

As this article states most countries think the US is the greatest threat to world peace.

 

While I think China should not be building more nukes I also believe that existing stockpiles should be reduced in all nations especially the US which in the last 50 years has proven to be the biggest rogue nation on this planet.

 

 

 

Edited by Ilunga
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Nine countries in the world have a total of just over 13,000 nuclear warheads with US and Russia holding over 90 percent of them.

 

As one of the articles stated any nation that uses over 100 nukes against another nation endangers itself.

 

https://www.indepthnews.net/index.php/opinion/3227-u-s-is-greatest-threat-to-world-peace

 

As this article states most countries think the US is the greatest threat to world peace.

 

While I think China should not be building more nukes I also believe that existing stockpiles should be reduced in all nations especially the US which in the last 50 years has proven to be the biggest rogue nation on this planet.

 

 

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_disarmament

 

Wanna know what country isn't in any of those deals or agreements? It's not the "rogue nation" of the US.

Edited by Kurgom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kurgom said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_disarmament

 

Wanna know what country isn't in any of those deals or agreements? It's not the "rogue nation" of the US.

I clicked on your link and nothing came up so I am not clear what deals and agreements you are referencing.

 

As for the US being a rogue nation which by your inverted commas you seem to be questioning let me elucidate you on the meaning of the words rogue nation " a state that does not respect other states in its international actions".

 

Between 1946 and 2000 the US interfered in 81 foreign elections as opposed to the Russians who interfered in 36.

 

Since its inception there are only 3 countries on this planet the US has not invaded. 

 

https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/these-are-the-only-3-countries-america-hasnt-invaded/

 

While many of these have had moral justification many have not.

 

Then there is Blackwater I suggest you read that book about America private Army that's acts both outside and within its own borders.

 

Then there are the " cointelpro" operations run by the American government against its own citizens.

 

Here are some books you can read to inform yourself more on the subject.

 

Derailing Democracy by David McGowan.

 

Cointelpro papers by Ward Churchill and Jim Vander Wall 

 

Blackwater by Jeremy Scahill 

 

Rogue States 

The Rule of Force in World Affairs by Noam Chomsky  

 

The leading Rogue State 

The US and Human rights by Judith R Blau David l Brunsma 

Alberto Moncada Catherine Zimmer.

This particular book illustrates how the US has declined to join most other UN nations in treaties addressing inadequate housing,poverty children's rights,health care,racial discrimination,and migrant workers. 

For decades the US has refused to ratify widely accepted agreements on many human rights.

 

When you have finished reading those I can give you another dozen books to read on this subject.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Ilunga
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ilunga said:

 

 

 

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/military/should-us-worry-about-chinas-new-missile-silos-found-deep-in-desert/news-story/0824ee0e99c7f69b186d370da6d1c575

 

 

https://www.mtu.edu/news/2018/06/more-harm-than-good-assessing-the-nuclear-arsenal-tipping-point.html

 

Now as the second article concludes any nation that uses more than 100 nukes against another nation.

endangers itself.

 

A paper published by the bulletin of atomic scientists in 2020 states China has about 350 nuclear warheads.

 

Why do you think China is building more nuclear sites ?

 

Chinese are trying to build more nuclear weapons as a deterrent to the U.S.

Same reason why Russians have doomsday nuclear weapons that contain so many war heads or mobile nuclear weapons.

Russians have always lacked ability to track potential launches that the U.S has.

 

They are concerned with undetected strike so they have spread their weapons across the uninhabited areas.

Russians and Chinese know where nuclear silos for minuteman are located.

On the other hand Ohio class subs are all over the place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Chinese are trying to build more nuclear weapons as a deterrent to the U.S.

Same reason why Russians have doomsday nuclear weapons that contain so many war heads or mobile nuclear weapons.

Russians have always lacked ability to track potential launches that the U.S has.

 

They are concerned with undetected strike so they have spread their weapons across the uninhabited areas.

Russians and Chinese know where nuclear silos for minuteman are located.

On the other hand Ohio class subs are all over the place.

The West keeps underestimating Russia's ability to not just keep but sometimes get ahead of them.

 

https://www.9news.com.au/world/russia-trials-biggest-nuclear-submarine-built-in-thirty-years-secret-weapons/3d4e5cc3-d184-494a-b187-29465131e036 

 

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-northern-fleet-new-class-of-subs-worry-us-navy-2021-6

 

And while the Chinese are second rate players ATM I don't believe it will take them long to catch up.

 

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/04/revealed-chinas-new-super-submarine-dwarfs-typhoon-class/ 

 

And as I have pointed out numbers don't really matter.

If one nation uses more than 100 nuclear warheads on another the effect on them and the rest of us makes the use of them world ending as we know it.

 

  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I clicked on your link and nothing came up so I am not clear what deals and agreements you are referencing.

 

As for the US being a rogue nation which by your inverted commas you seem to be questioning let me elucidate you on the meaning of the words rogue nation " a state that does not respect other states in its international actions".

 

Between 1946 and 2000 the US interfered in 81 foreign elections as opposed to the Russians who interfered in 36.

 

Since its inception there are only 3 countries on this planet the US has not invaded. 

 

https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/these-are-the-only-3-countries-america-hasnt-invaded/

 

While many of these have had moral justification many have not.

 

Then there is Blackwater I suggest you read that book about America private Army that's acts both outside and within its own borders.

 

Then there are the " cointelpro" operations run by the American government against its own citizens.

 

Here are some books you can read to inform yourself more on the subject.

 

Derailing Democracy by David McGowan.

 

Cointelpro papers by Ward Churchill and Jim Vander Wall 

 

Blackwater by Jeremy Scahill 

 

Rogue States 

The Rule of Force in World Affairs by Noam Chomsky  

 

The leading Rogue State 

The US and Human rights by Judith R Blau David l Brunsma 

Alberto Moncada Catherine Zimmer.

This particular book illustrates how the US has declined to join most other UN nations in treaties addressing inadequate housing,poverty children's rights,health care,racial discrimination,and migrant workers. 

For decades the US has refused to ratify widely accepted agreements on many human rights.

 

When you have finished reading those I can give you another dozen books to read on this subject.

 

 

 

 

 

Don't worry buddy, I know how &^@#ed up the US has been in the past.

 

But when talking about nukes, the US and even Russia have been disarming or at least were until the mid 2010's and they managed to decimate both of the countries' active warhead count.

 

Wanna know which country always refuses to do so? The one massing silos right now. China never &^@#ing reduces their stockpile, they keep making it bigger. I don't think the US having a bunch of nukes leftover from the cold war is really such a big issue when they are actively reducing. Of course, the difference in quantity is still there, but we really have no clue how many nukes China actually has, and when the plan was everyone decrease your stockpile until we're not in a "everyone is dead if something pops off" level of nuclear weapons, why are you blaming the US for China stockpiling more?

 

The US was disarming, or at least they were, why would they now when their biggest adversary is massing them? Why wouldn't Japan become a nuclear power with this sort of activity next door?

 

The US can be a $&!# show of imperialism and warmongering, but they have a 70 year record of having nukes and not using them and have been reducing their stockpile for over 30 years along with Russia. China is under mining the worlds efforts in this.

Edited by Kurgom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

The West keeps underestimating Russia's ability to not just keep but sometimes get ahead of them.

 

https://www.9news.com.au/world/russia-trials-biggest-nuclear-submarine-built-in-thirty-years-secret-weapons/3d4e5cc3-d184-494a-b187-29465131e036 

 

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-northern-fleet-new-class-of-subs-worry-us-navy-2021-6

 

And while the Chinese are second rate players ATM I don't believe it will take them long to catch up.

 

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/04/revealed-chinas-new-super-submarine-dwarfs-typhoon-class/ 

 

And as I have pointed out numbers don't really matter.

If one nation uses more than 100 nuclear warheads on another the effect on them and the rest of us makes the use of them world ending as we know it.

 

I’m hopeful the people (government leaders) with control over nukes live such extravagant lives they will never risk losing what they have by using those weapons.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

Why wouldn't Japan become a nuclear power with this sort of activity next door?

Japan, more than any nation on earth understands what nuclear bombs do. 

If they choose not to be a nuclear power, who are we to criticise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

Don't worry buddy, I know how &^@#ed up the US has been in the past.

 

But when talking about nukes, the US and even Russia have been disarming or at least were until the mid 2010's and they managed to decimate both of the countries' active warhead count.

 

Wanna know which country always refuses to do so? The one massing silos right now. China never &^@#ing reduces their stockpile, they keep making it bigger. I don't think the US having a bunch of nukes leftover from the cold war is really such a big issue when they are actively reducing. Of course, the difference in quantity is still there, but we really have no clue how many nukes China actually has, and when the plan was everyone decrease your stockpile until we're not in a "everyone is dead if something pops off" level of nuclear weapons, why are you blaming the US for China stockpiling more?

 

The US was disarming, or at least they were, why would they now when their biggest adversary is massing them? Why wouldn't Japan become a nuclear power with this sort of activity next door?

 

The US can be a $&!# show of imperialism and warmongering, but they have a 70 year record of having nukes and not using them and have been reducing their stockpile for over 30 years along with Russia. China is under mining the worlds efforts in this.

 Both Russia and the US have increased their stockpiles in the last year according to a Swedish think-tank.

 

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/06/14/russia-us-boosted-nuclear-arsenals-in-2020-amid-global-decrease-think-tank-a74205

 

And what would you do if you were China in regards to Obama's pivot  to Asia policy in regards to its military component ?

 

Military bases ringing China from Japan,South Korea,The Phillipines to name a few. 

 

Imagine if China had military bases as close to the US as the US had to China,it's no wonder they are pushing back in the south China sea.

 

All the nations that have nuclear weapons have a history of not using them while in possession of them.

 

There is only one nation that has used the precursor to the nuclear bomb,the atomic bomb and that is the United States.

 

Interestingly when one research's weapons of mass destruction,the first documented use of them was in America by British officers who distributed blankets infected with smallpox.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Japan, more than any nation on earth understands what nuclear bombs do. 

If they choose not to be a nuclear power, who are we to criticise?

Atomic Bombs .

 

I know I am nitpicking however nuclear bombs are hundreds sometimes thousands of times more destructive than atomic bombs

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m hopeful the people (government leaders) with control over nukes live such extravagant lives they will never risk losing what they have by using those weapons.  

It's not the government leaders you have to worry about Alf it's the War mongering first strike believing military leaders that scare me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

It's not the government leaders you have to worry about Alf it's the War mongering first strike believing military leaders that scare me.

Good point.  Is there a weapon man has invented that he hasn’t used?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...