The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The World Events Thread

RUPERTKBD

https://www.scmp.com/news/people-culture/environment/article/3155845/coronavirus-china-killing-pets-covid-19-patients

Really hope some people who praise China's response to COVID will understand what this kind of government beholden to absolutely no one is really looking for with this "zero covid policy," a claim at superiority and legitimacy for their authority, they care nothing about the people.

On 11/9/2021 at 7:04 PM, 4petesake said:

I’ll start this off with a confession…when I first heard this story I assumed Travis Scott and Texas meant this was a country western act. Yes I’m old and it’s not particularly my kind of music, so pardon my ignorance.

Now after seeing clips from several of his shows with him encouraging fans to rush the stage, telling fans to sneak in or push over security fencing; stopping a show to call some fans fa**ots, urging the crowd to “fu** him up” after pointing out a kid he accused of trying to steal his shoe, then spitting on him. Can someone please explain to me what some 9 year old kids are doing on the floor at this show?

It shouldn't be anyone's. He's &^@#ing garbage. 

• Haha 2

On 11/9/2021 at 7:04 PM, 4petesake said:

I’ll start this off with a confession…when I first heard this story I assumed Travis Scott and Texas meant this was a country western act. Yes I’m old and it’s not particularly my kind of music, so pardon my ignorance.

Now after seeing clips from several of his shows with him encouraging fans to rush the stage, telling fans to sneak in or push over security fencing; stopping a show to call some fans fa**ots, urging the crowd to “fu** him up” after pointing out a kid he accused of trying to steal his shoe, then spitting on him. Can someone please explain to me what some 9 year old kids are doing on the floor at this show?

same here, my first thought was it was strange for a country act. Seems like a real pos. 

• Vintage 1

On 11/9/2021 at 9:04 PM, 4petesake said:

4DAEFEF3-D002-42D4-BD60-3EA148DCB4C0.webp

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

You are telling me that you don’t enjoy that awful auto tune in his songs?

Imagine how much worse he'd sound without it? 

I absolutely hate that whole style of rap. Mumble rap/trap is absolute trash. Southern rap went from Geto Boys, Outkast, Goodie Mob, Killer Mike etc to this garbage and it spread from there. 

If not for Run the Jewels I'd think all hope is lost...

• Cheers 1

There are some profoundly evil people in this world....

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/13/us/hawaii-ariel-adoptive-parents-court-plea/index.html

The sibling said Ariel "was in the bathroom in a dog cage, duct tape on her mouth and nose, and she didn't wake up," the documents allege. The sibling told police Ariel was not breathing and Lehua Kalua then put her in the bathtub to try to wake her up, which did not work. The sibling described to police helping to carry their sister into their shared bedroom.
The affidavit says the child told police they do not know what happened to Ariel after that. Police have said her remains have not been found.
The next day Isaac Kalua went to an emergency room and was seen for "possible Covid symptoms," the document says. The sibling told police the adopted father was just pretending to have Covid, saying they "knew Isaac was pretending" because they thought he took off work to help Lehua Kalua "to get rid of the stuff...evidence," the document says.
During the interview with police, Ariel's sibling told police Lehua Kalua bought a dog cage on the internet to lock Ariel up in at night, because the 6-year-old "would sneak around at night and want to eat because she was hungry," the document says. The child told police Ariel was often denied food by Lehua Kalua, adding they did not have a dog at the time.

Sometimes I wish there were a Hell.....just so these two could burn in it....:angry:

Full story in the link
  • Sad 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

49 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

There are some profoundly evil people in this world....

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/13/us/hawaii-ariel-adoptive-parents-court-plea/index.html

Sometimes I wish there were a Hell.....just so these two could burn in it....:angry:

Full story in the link

This is an example of why I started The Things that Make you Feel Good thread. 

You can always find what you are looking for,the worst or the best in ourselves.

As Gabriel Estres stated 

" we create our own hell,it is the sum of our decisions,we are not sentenced,we condemn ourselves".

I'm assuming that most of us have heard the awful story about an SUV driving into a parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin this weekend. 5 people are dead and more than 40 injured. (some children and some critically)

Today, I'm reading that the driver may have been fleeing from a different crime scene:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/suv-driver-in-parade-crash-may-have-been-fleeing-a-crime/ar-AAR0cNC?li=AAggFp4

If it's true and it was a case of someone running from the police, I wonder what people's thoughts are....I've long been an advocate of eliminating high speed chases. In this day and age, with cameras everywhere, the chances of someone making a clean getaway are slim....

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

22 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm assuming that most of us have heard the awful story about an SUV driving into a parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin this weekend. 5 people are dead and more than 40 injured. (some children and some critically)

Today, I'm reading that the driver may have been fleeing from a different crime scene:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/suv-driver-in-parade-crash-may-have-been-fleeing-a-crime/ar-AAR0cNC?li=AAggFp4

If it's true and it was a case of someone running from the police, I wonder what people's thoughts are....I've long been an advocate of eliminating high speed chases. In this day and age, with cameras everywhere, the chances of someone making a clean getaway are slim....

especially when there is a parade going on!  

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Well 18% of high speed chases in LA they get away. Actually saw this stat last night. 

But the risk to life alone doesn't warrant it unless we're talking some serial killer or something. 

A lot of places the policy is against pursuit and trying to head it off down the road with tire strips etc where safety to the public and officers is considered. 

This is the extreme example of what can go wrong :(

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

WTF

Three arrested after about 80 thieves ransack department store near San Francisco

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/three-arrested-after-about-80-thieves-ransack-department-store-near-san-francisco-1.5675350

Up to 80 thieves, they had 25 cars waiting to get away.

Insane. 

Been happening in Chicago as well, gangs of looters hitting stores left and right.

I blame social media for some of this.

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Unless it’s some very violent crime that can escalate, majority of these chases are pointless and dangerous.

9 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Been happening in Chicago as well, gangs of looters hitting stores left and right.

I blame social media for some of this.

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Would have to be. That's quite the coordination.

Crazy stuff. 

If you can set up a "flash mob" to go somewhere and sing a certain song at a certain time, then arranging a mass stealing group can't be that much harder.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Totally agree.

Most serial killers aren't caught in high speed police chases anyway. 

These numbers are staggering.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/07/30/police-pursuits-fatal-injuries/30187827/

• Cheers 1