Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The World Events Thread


RUPERTKBD
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

if there's anything to this, I'm looking forward to living until I'm 250 years old....

 

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/101-old-wwii-veteran-coors-light

 

Just imagine if he was drinking beer.....

 

Well Robert Wiener should go over and have a talk with that youngster about his lifestyle.

 

Wiener said he eats well and exercises every day.

“A half hour on the bicycle every day. When I was young, I played all the sports,” he said.

 

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/at-110-westmount-s-robert-wiener-is-canada-s-oldest-man-1.4166260

 

Actually, he says it's mostly in the genes, his bro lived to 109

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know this isn't really funny, but I can't help but smile at the irony of two women who have denied themselves pretty much all of the baser pleasures of life, would "fall off the wagon" as it were:

 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/nuns-stole-dollar500k-and-spent-it-on-gambling-and-vacations/ar-BBQHrpx?li=AAggFp5

Quote

 

Two nuns in California allegedly stole more than $500,000 from the school they had been at for years, which they spent in casinos and on vacations.

 

Bank records show Sister Mary Margaret Kreuper and Sister Lana Lang had been embezzling funds from St. James Catholic School in Torrence for at least a decade, the Press-Telegram reported.

 

Talk about bad habits....B)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I know this isn't really funny, but I can't help but smile at the irony of two women who have denied themselves pretty much all of the baser pleasures of life, would "fall off the wagon" as it were:

 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/nuns-stole-dollar500k-and-spent-it-on-gambling-and-vacations/ar-BBQHrpx?li=AAggFp5

Talk about bad habits....B)

"Nuns Gone Wild" :lol: 

 

there's gotta be a market for that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I know this isn't really funny, but I can't help but smile at the irony of two women who have denied themselves pretty much all of the baser pleasures of life, would "fall off the wagon" as it were:

 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/nuns-stole-dollar500k-and-spent-it-on-gambling-and-vacations/ar-BBQHrpx?li=AAggFp5

Talk about bad habits....B)

flake news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, HI5 said:

Egyptian authorities are investigating the photo posted by a Danish photographer, Andreas Hvid, which shows him and a model bumping uglies on the Great Pyramid of Giza.

 

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/nep9ez/photo-of-couple-boning-on-top-of-pyramids-prompts-international-investigation

 

Good for them I say.

 

world needs more love.  Who cares where or when.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voyager 2 has left our solar system and is in the Heliosheath.

It is the second man made object to leave our solar system Voyager 1 being the first.

I equate these achievements with man's first steps on the moon.

Too bad it is drowned out by the BS going on in the world 

Edited by Ilunga
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Voyager 2 has left our solar system and is in the Heliosheath.

It is the second man made object to leave our solar system Voyager 1 being the first.

I equate these achievements with man's first steps on the moon.

Too bad it is drowned out by the BS going on in the world 

Love it, my wife got me a 'golden record' last year.

 

https://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/golden-record/whats-on-the-record/music/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Love it, my wife got me a 'golden record' last year.

 

https://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/golden-record/whats-on-the-record/music/

Thanks so much for posting this 

I was aware of the golden record but unaware of what music was on it.

 

My girlfriend/ new partner is Indonesian and plays in a gamelan ensemble.

On Friday evening I am going to see my first gamelan performance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

Thanks so much for posting this 

I was aware of the golden record but unaware of what music was on it.

 

My girlfriend/ new partner is Indonesian and plays in a gamelan ensemble.

On Friday evening I am going to see my first gamelan performance.

Better make sure you've got your gamelan face on....B)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice angle US Feds.

 

Wonder if the lovely 81's are shuffling in their vests a little..

 

 

Racketeering verdict in OC might force Mongols biker club to lose logo

https://abc7.com/mongols-motorcycle-club-might-lose-logo-after-verdict/4894828/

 

The ruling paves the way for the government to seize the group's trademark logo.
If the government seizes control of the club's trademark, members would be prohibited from putting the logo patch on their jackets.

Edited by bishopshodan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Nice angle US Feds.

 

Wonder if the lovely 81's are shuffling in their vests a little..

 

 

Racketeering verdict in OC might force Mongols biker club to lose logo

https://abc7.com/mongols-motorcycle-club-might-lose-logo-after-verdict/4894828/

 

The ruling paves the way for the government to seize the group's trademark logo.
If the government seizes control of the club's trademark, members would be prohibited from putting the logo patch on their jackets.

They'll just change the logo ever so slightly and go back to court. 

 

Personally I think this is ridiculous.  HavING your targets in logo'd gear with ranks and achievement badges should make their job easier. ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

They'll just change the logo ever so slightly and go back to court. 

 

Personally I think this is ridiculous.  HavING your targets in logo'd gear with ranks and achievement badges should make their job easier. ..

Yeah I hear ya, they gotta try all they can though.

 

For a while they will just be able to pull over anyone wearing one while the court challenges go on? and with no logos, the gangs have no identity which is  a big reason some criminals gravitate to them.

 

And wouldn't you have to change the logo considerably? I have heard the HA have gone after large corps such as Toys R Us, Amazon and Disney for copyright infringement and been successful. So now if the Feds owned the logo...the shoe is on the other foot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2018 at 9:08 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Better make sure you've got your gamelan face on....B)

I believe you are a musician Rupert ?

 

The gamelan performance was incredible.

My girl told me it was experimental,there was only a piano player,a Bundegan,Rantok,Gule Gending player and a singer called Peni Candra Rini whose voice was at times mesmerising.

All three did a percussion piece with wooden poles and a big wooden casket that are used for pounding rice.

I will remember parts of this performance for the rest of my life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/14/2018 at 3:52 PM, Ilunga said:

I believe you are a musician Rupert ?

 

The gamelan performance was incredible.

My girl told me it was experimental,there was only a piano player,a Bundegan,Rantok,Gule Gending player and a singer called Peni Candra Rini whose voice was at times mesmerising.

All three did a percussion piece with wooden poles and a big wooden casket that are used for pounding rice.

I will remember parts of this performance for the rest of my life.

I am. Had a gig last night as a matter of fact.

 

I read up a bit on Gamelan, because I'm not really familiar. Sounds fantastic.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...