The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Poker

Bizarre

CDC PokerStars home game   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Any big poker fans on the forum? The best time of the year is here, WSOP time! TSN is playing 3.5 hours a day and PokerGo has even more coverage in the later evening. 

Edit: added a poll to see if there would be interest in a Poker Stars home game where would could get together and play. This may not happen until the fall as smaller groups often have a hard time getting people to play during the summer.

9 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Too bad Negraneau busted yesterday. He was short and managed to get it in good with Jacks vs Tens.

His opponent manged to spike a Ten and that was it.

We use to have CDC PokerStars games a long time ago. Shame it fizzled out.

Yah, it's a shame Dnegs is out. He livens up the game so much.

A PS home game could be a lot of fun to get going again. 

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I just follow a few stars on twitter, watching the event can be gruesome, makes me want to play. 

BTW it looks like Parq Vancouver brought back the early bird tourney. I know they dumped it for a while after switching names. 

Not a big fan of the small tournaments but it's good to see they're bringing it back. Vancouver used to have a decent tournament scene but in the last 5-8 years it's really died.

1 minute ago, Bizarre said:

Not a big fan of the small tournaments but it's good to see they're bringing it back. Vancouver used to have a decent tournament scene but in the last 5-8 years it's really died.

I'm just happy they're finally doing something about the money laundering. 

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Managed to dig up the old CDC PokerStars League thread.

If anyone wants to revive this. I'd be into it.

Looks like our league expired. Hasn't been active in 5 years.

A new one would have to be created.

Added a poll, if people are interested I could set up a HG.

8 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Managed to dig up the old CDC PokerStars League thread.

If anyone wants to revive this. I'd be into it.

Looks like our league expired. Hasn't been active in 5 years.

A new one would have to be created.

I wonder where my password is lol

1 minute ago, Bizarre said:

Added a poll, if people are interested I could set up a HG.

I think a decent number will be interested. Problem is availability, especially during summer.

During fall and winter the best times are after Canuck games. As everyone is around.

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

I think a decent number will be interested. Problem is availability, especially during summer.

During fall and winter the best times are after Canuck games. As everyone is around.

And I am reminded why I never played

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Yah agreed, put that in the OP already. The forum activity right now is pretty low as per usual in the summer.

Play with buddies 4 times a year, love it.  Sometimes I play a bit on my phone.  Just did a 800 person freeroll tourney on Sunday and finished 12th in the 'play' money lol.  I do a lot better in tourneys than cash games. 

Found it funny during the WSOP that they had a CFL game going on in the background.  Also that one KK vs. KK vs. AA hand was pretty wicked.

Where do you guys buy your poker chips from?

Archived