The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Who will be at the bottom of the League

With Jack Hughes draft coming up who will be at the bottom before the lottery and what would you trade for said pick.

My bottom 3 are

Ottawa  /  Colorado owns pick

Montreal

Buffalo

Should we trade  Tanev , Baertschi, plus a conditional pic, for one of these picks 

What would you gamble? 

You could make it Tanev, Baer and our 1st and those teams still wouldn't take it. You just can't trade your first when you expect there is a chance of being bottom 3. Winning the lottery and watching a franchise altering prospect go to another team on your pick is career ending. 

Hilariously that may actually HAPPEN to Ottawa. But they sure didnt expect to be this bad when they traded that pick. 

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

getting a team’s first round pick, when that team is clearly going to be a bottom feeder, will cost way more.

Agreed Alf.  But that's why you fleece one of these dufus GM's  (MB) offseason or very early in the season when they actually believe they're competitive lol. 

15 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Montreal is desperate their GM needs to make a move Gamble roll the dice 

First off. Bergevin’s job, for whatever reason, appears to be secure.  

Second, the Weber injury is a built in excuse for poor results next season 

So I really don’t see Bergevin as “desperate”. 

Finally, even if he was desperate. There is nothing Vancouver could/would offer in return for their 1st thst would be a big enough home run to do it.   

1 hour ago, VanGnome said:

No one. Any team that trades their first are going to lottery protect it. And I think the Canucks will be much improved this season, forget about Jack Hughes, we already have the Hughes we need.

And Hughe's that?

3 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

With Jack Hughes draft coming up who will be at the bottom before the lottery and what would you trade for said pick.

My bottom 3 are

Ottawa  /  Colorado owns pick

Montreal

Buffalo

Should we trade  Tanev , Baertschi, plus a conditional pic, for one of these picks 

What would you gamble? 

If you were Jim Benning, would you trade our first for a soon to be 29 YO often injured top top pairing dman who is a UFA in 2 years, fringe top 6 forward, and an undisclosed pick?

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

First off. Bergevin’s job, for whatever reason, appears to be secure.  

Second, the Weber injury is a built in excuse for poor results next season 

So I really don’t see Bergevin as “desperate”. 

Finally, even if he was desperate. There is nothing Vancouver could/would offer in return for their 1st thst would be a big enough home run to do it.   

U do realize your talking about bergevin right?

hed probably ask for motte a 4th and a 6th rounder and think he got a steal

8 minutes ago, Bure1010 said:

U do realize your talking about bergevin right?

hed probably ask for motte a 4th and a 6th rounder and think he got a steal

As much as a hate Bergevin, he hasn’t lost trades THAT badly. He’s gotten good value back in the trades. Just not equivalent value.  

Archived