The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 NFL FANTASY TALK

Zigmund.Palffy

nfl-1.jpg

Hello !

Welcome to another season of NFL FANTASY!

Not sure if there are alot of NFL FANTASY players on CDC but hey , I like to talk fantasy and this year is going to be interesting...

To those who are playing in NFL FANTASY this year , you are more than welcome to ask questions and we all could help you out with your pick selections :) 

YOU CAN DISCUSS

-What position you are drafting

-Players to Avoid

-Sleeper Picks

-Bust Picks.

-etc etc..

LET THE FANTASY TALK BEGIN !

I am currently picking #1 overall out of 12 people this year..

probably going with TODD GURLEY...

9 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I've never played an NFL fantasy season before but I've been getting really into watching it the last 3 or 4 seasons so I might give it a go this year.

its hella fun dude !

it keeps you watching NFL cause you watch your players you drafted throughout the season..

A friend of mine convinced to join his league. I've never played fantasy football in my life so I have no idea what I'm doing. :lol:

I also haven't watched NFL closely in about 5-6 years. 

NFL has the best fantasy.  I joined a few years ago not really knowing much about the NFL or its players but I quickly got hooked because of how indepth their analysis is of players and trends.  I started my first season 0-6, ended 9 and 7, barely making the playoffs losing in the final.  I've won two years in a row since.  Its great fun and you'll learn so much about the game and players in a short period of time.

Running backs that can catch the ball are the way to go.  Gurley is great, but if I had first overall I think I might go with Alvin Kamara.

Its tough because of how many great RBs there are.

On 7/20/2018 at 11:41 PM, gmen81 said:

I love Kamara, got him in one of my keeper leagues but no way I take him first overall. End of the first for me 

Would you take Ezekiel Elliot 1st overall? Im hearing Gurley might have a down year and Im a huge Rams fan...

decisions decisions...

45 minutes ago, Zach Parise said:

Would you take Ezekiel Elliot 1st overall? Im hearing Gurley might have a down year and Im a huge Rams fan...

decisions decisions...

I strongly doubt that. As for taking Elliott first overall I think that’s plausable. That line is still there and he’s only gonna get better. 

1 minute ago, Pears said:

I strongly doubt that. As for taking Elliott first overall I think that’s plausable. That line is still there and he’s only gonna get better. 

Yea I was reading somewhere that no RB has duplicated a crazy season in fantasy... 

now rams have Brandin Cooks..

On 7/17/2018 at 7:04 PM, Jaku said:

A friend of mine convinced to join his league. I've never played fantasy football in my life so I have no idea what I'm doing. :lol:

I also haven't watched NFL closely in about 5-6 years. 

I was in the same boat 2 years ago.  But there is so much material to look at and do research that anyone can do it.

You learn a lot as you go and it actually makes you watch and follow the nfl closely.  

One of the things I look so forward to evert year, a lot of fun.

9 minutes ago, JV77 said:

I was in the same boat 2 years ago.  But there is so much material to look at and do research that anyone can do it.

You learn a lot as you go and it actually makes you watch and follow the nfl closely.  

One of the things I look so forward to evert year, a lot of fun.

I'm excited. But, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of stats that I've gone over to even give myself a fightning chance.

17 minutes ago, Jaku said:

I'm excited. But, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of stats that I've gone over to even give myself a fightning chance.

Well what I learned and depending on your league:

RB in first round is basically a must, some load up with the first 2 rounds.  I tried to balance my team and a take a top player from each position RB, WR, TE, and QB last year.  Don't waste a high pick on TE, I went through like 10 throughout the season.  QB's matter, having a consistent player each week can steal you some wins.  A running QB helps a lot.

4 minutes ago, JV77 said:

RB in first round is basically a must, some load up with the first 2 rounds.  I tried to balance my team and a take a top player from each position RB, WR, TE, and QB last year.  Don't waste a high pick on TE, I went through like 10 throughout the season.  QB's matter, having a consistent player each week can steal you some wins.  A running QB helps a lot.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, JV77 said:

Im looking to pick Ezekiel Elliot 1st overall and pick WR and Aaron Rodgers after that... 

im hearing Elliot gonna have a break out year again and Gurley having a slow year ... damnnn. Im in a dilemma..

7 hours ago, Zach Parise said:
8 hours ago, Zach Parise said:

decisions decisions...

I'd still go Gurley or Bell with the first pick if you are in a PPR setting, would even in standard. I'd probably take Zeke in the 4-6 range for RB's. Also have David Johnson ahead of him, but I'm a big DJ fan. 

7 hours ago, Zach Parise said:
1 hour ago, JV77 said:

Yes go RB's and WR early. If you're gonna take a QB early don't take one before round 4 and you should really only be taking Aaron Rodgers then. I always wait until rounds 11-13 before I take a QB. Reason is the drop off in points from a top QB to a QB going in the later rounds isn't much of a difference, but the drop off in a top RB1 to say and RB3 is significant and you'll be behind the 8ball. I tend to just stream my QB's if the matchup is good. 

If you're doing your draft and all of a sudden a run of QB's or a run of TE's go don't fall into the trap. 

5 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

I'd still go Gurley or Bell with the first pick if you are in a PPR setting, would even in standard. I'd probably take Zeke in the 4-6 range for RB's. Also have David Johnson ahead of him, but I'm a big DJ fan. 

Yes go RB's and WR early. If you're gonna take a QB early don't take one before round 4 and you should really only be taking Aaron Rodgers then. I always wait until rounds 11-13 before I take a QB. Reason is the drop off in points from a top QB to a QB going in the later rounds isn't much of a difference, but the drop off in a top RB1 to say and RB3 is significant and you'll be behind the 8ball. I tend to just stream my QB's if the matchup is good. 

If you're doing your draft and all of a sudden a run of QB's or a run of TE's go don't fall into the trap. 

Not in a ppr setting im in a standard setting ... its between Gurley, Bell, Zeke for me Bell im a bit iffy witg cause of contract issues 

16 hours ago, Zach Parise said:

Not in a ppr setting im in a standard setting ... its between Gurley, Bell, Zeke for me Bell im a bit iffy witg cause of contract issues 

2 years ago Gurley was projected no. 1 in most and was taken there and had an average season.

Last year no one looked at him and guy got a steal in the 2nd/3rd round lol

• 4 weeks later...

Well favourite day of the year has arrived.  It's my Auction keeper league draft day. A little golf to start off the day and then draft. If you haven't done Auction drafts I recommend it. It's so much fun, but takes commitment.  Some of the players available this year

Barkley

Zeke

- both will be out of my Price range

all rookies obviously. 

Corey Davis

Brandin Cooks

Joe Mixon

Drew Brees

Jordy Nelson

Tom Brady

and lots more.  

Archived