The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Demi Lovato 'stable' after hospitalized for a heroin overdose

Dazzle

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/demi-lovato-stable-after-reported-heroin-overdose-703153/

Demi Lovato was hospitalized Tuesday morning for an alleged heroin overdose, according to TMZLovato is in “stable” condition, an unnamed source tells Variety.

A spokesperson for the Los Angeles Fire Department confirmed to Rolling Stone that it responded to a medical emergency call at 11:22 a.m. from a Hollywood Hills residence in the 8000 block of Laurel View Drive, where Lovato lives. The LAFD transported a 25-year-old female patient to a local hospital.

The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed that a police vehicle was also dispatched after the emergency call, but there was no criminal activity at the location.

Lovato’s representatives did not respond to Rolling Stone‘s request for comment.

The “Sorry Not Sorry” singer has been transparent about her struggles with eating disorders and alcohol and cocaine addictions. Last October, those battles were the focus of an intimate documentary, Simply Complicated.

At the time, Lovato spoke to Rolling Stone about being honest with her fans and learning to live with bipolar disorder. “If anything, I’m proud to be bipolar and speak about it. Bipolar is a mood disorder. I deal with mood swings, I deal with episodes of mania, and bipolar-depression phases as well. But I’ve used my voice to help others, and I feel proud that I’ve been able to do that.”

In March, Lovato announced on Twitter that she was officially sober for six years. “So grateful for another year of joy, health and happiness,” she wrote. “It IS possible.”

Just months later, in June, she released the heartfelt ballad, “Sober,” about a person who suffers a relapse. Lovato became emotional performing the song for the first time live during Rock in Rio. The lyrics, in part, read as an apology to disappointed fans: “And I’m sorry for the fans I lost/ Who watched me fall again/ I wanna be a role model/ But I’m only human.

This supposedly ends her 6 year streak of being sober. I hope she recovers soon and receives treatment. I really like her music and I thought it was an amazing story of an addict that fought her back to being sober.

Cry for help. She needs a rehab/recovery program. Unfortunately no one can decide that for her. She needs to do that for herself. Here's hoping she had a moment of clarity and will get help that she needs. If not, well, what do you do. She'll be dead or in jail soon if she doesn't. Sad, but true.

WHAT?! She does not look like a drug user whatsoever... that's crazy.

She's incredibly beautiful... and has a great voice... not that I'm into her songs much but she does have some good stuff that would appeal to most audiences.

Hope she recovers and stays clean.

19 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

First time I've heard her name. Lucky she's not 27, or a Spinal Tap drummer!

I’ve heard of her, but had to Google who she is.  Very sad story though.  It sure seems like a lot of young actors develop troubles. 

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Cry for help. She needs a rehab/recovery program. Unfortunately no one can decide that for her. She needs to do that for herself. Here's hoping she had a moment of clarity and will get help that she needs. If not, well, what do you do. She'll be dead or in jail soon if she doesn't. Sad, but true.

She was actually sober for several years, including living in sober living for over a year.

58 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

She is lucky to be alive. Hopefully she gets proper help this time and surrounds herself around people who will help her, not enable her.

She actually had a group of support staff to help her regarding her addiction. Proof that an addiction can be stronger than even the almighty dollar can pay for help.

44 minutes ago, apollo said:

She's incredibly beautiful... and has a great voice... not that I'm into her songs much but she does have some good stuff that would appeal to most audiences.

Drug users come in all shapes and sizes. Hell, I'd dare to say you've interacted with someone on a regular basis that was an addict and you had no clue. Addicts can be really good at hiding an addiction sometimes.

I'm a recovering addict myself, I've been clean for seven years now and the darkness of that time of my life is something I fight every day to avoid. It's much easier said than done.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

She's incredibly beautiful...

You'd be surprised what the best makeup in the world, applied by the best makeup artists in the world, can do. I bet without makeup she looks like a "drug user" (whatever that means). Her skin is really bad. I saw her sing the national anthem at the UFC fight a between Connor/Mayweather and she looked awful. Caked in make up and not classically attractive by any means. She definitely has that "Bad girl" look if that's what you're into but she definitely doesn't have the "I'm a girl you take home to meet your mom" look....

She's an amazing young lady and to be able to share her story makes her that much more powerful.   May she get the help that she desperately needs to get better and easier said than done but it has to be "one day at a time" . .     Wishing you the best of luck Demi Lovato.  

14 hours ago, apollo said:

Lots of drug users you can't tell do drugs unfortunately. 

18 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

I'm a recovering addict myself, I've been clean for seven years now and the darkness of that time of my life is something I fight every day to avoid. It's much easier said than done.

Good on you. I don't think the average person quite appreciates what it takes to fight for your life.

Archived