The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] New Canucks President

So, with the shocking news that Trevor Linden is stepping down as President of the Vancouver Canucks, there is now quite the vacancy within the organization. Benning will take over hockey operations, but there's still quite a hole that needs to be filled.

So, who takes the reigns and becomes the new president of the Canucks? Who are the front runners? Who do you want to see? Who don't you want to see? 

8 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So, with the shocking news that Trevor Linden is stepping down as President of the Vancouver Canucks, there is now quite the vacancy within the organization. Benning will take over hockey operations, but there's still quite a hole that needs to be filled.

So, who takes the reigns and becomes the new president of the Canucks? Who are the front runners? Who do you want to see? Who don't you want to see? 

@TheGuardian_   -  both do and don't want to see.....would love to see someone with all the answers in the job but knowing it would be a trainwreck and not sure the schadenfreude would be worth it.

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

@TheGuardian_   -  both do and don't want to see.....would love to see someone with all the answers in the job but knowing it would be a trainwreck and not sure the schadenfreude would be worth it.

Dude, as hilarious as it would be to see that trainwreck in action, I wouldn't wish that on my most hated team.

Err....maybe the Leafs.

5 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Brian Burke, Dean Lombardi, Don Maloney, off the top of my head. I don't think I'd want any of these guys though.

Brian "effing" Burke???!!! 

GOOD GOD NOOO!!   I would rather rat faced marchand take over. :mellow:

I would rather fire burke out of an Elon Musk cannon headed straight for Mars. Burke is a bigger windbag blowhard idiot than trump.

Just now, Type R said:

Gillis was GM and President was he not?  Can Jimbo run both rolls?  How good would he be? 

It's common for the GM to also be President, but why not save the guy some grief and have someone else worry about the business side of the club.

6 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

It's common for the GM to also be President, but why not save the guy some grief and have someone else worry about the business side of the club.

This. I like what JB has done and I want him more focused on drafting and developing than business. 

Archived