The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is the Current Ownership Failing this Team?

Dungass

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

There are rumors that the Canucks are kicking tires on Karlsson.  Does that sound like a team that is happy building slow? You know that deal would have to include Hughes and a 1st round pick.

They shouldn't even be in the discussion for a 28 year old who has had major surgery.  

Sure, there are rumours of that and so what?   How dare the management/owner kick tires on one of the better players in the game?   How dare they!?!     

How on earth do a "Know" that the deal would includes anyone?    You have a spy cam?    

All you do is speculate and create negative narrative about things that have not happened as if that proves your point.    You would be a great CNN anchor.   

On 7/27/2018 at 9:17 AM, Tre Mac said:

I was young at the time but the Griffin's(sp?) seem pretty well respected in the lower mainland when they owned the Nucks. 

If Arthur Griffiths didn't almost go broke building GM Place, they would probably still own the team.

The owners are doing great - no way they are failing the team.  Their job in my mind is:

1) give mgmt the resources they need - check (spend to cap, decent arena, bringing other hockey events into Van like draft)
2) put some pressure on mgmt to perform - check

I would rather have owners who are emotionally invested in the team than ones who arent

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Sure, there are rumours of that and so what?   How dare the management/owner kick tires on one of the better players in the game?   How dare they!?!     

How on earth do a "Know" that the deal would includes anyone?    You have a spy cam?    

All you do is speculate and create negative narrative about things that have not happened as if that proves your point.    You would be a great CNN anchor.   

This rumour is gaining some traction given there is litte to talk about during the dog days of summer hockey wise, just Rick Lee stepping down and whatever Mathews is up to (and any sound bites on if he wants to be the Maple Leafs 18th Captain and that they have gone without one for a record time) which isn't much.

I agree that we shouldn't be adding E.Karlsson at this time, sure it would be nice to have a super-star on the team during his prime for a while...but I'd rather let things play out and add another blue chipper at next years draft and possibly the one after that.  The goal is to win a cup, not make the playoffs...but who really knows what the owners want and how Benning intends to make that happen.  

Maybe we fleece them again (like Sakic did but in reverse) and lose Sutter, Goldobin, and a second, or maybe it's like many have suggested it should be to make it fair (bye bye Hughes and next years first).  This is not the first time media has suggested Vancouver as a destination for Karlsson and won't be until he's finally dealt.

On 8/20/2018 at 4:03 PM, appleboy said:

Would you be ok with Tanev being moved for draft picks. Even though it will further weaken our defense .

yes at this time ...yes. Tanev is a good Defenseman when hes healthy. Would i want to move him for nothing ...no.

We need to think 3 years down the road.  What we receive for Tanev would be the question. I believe if we cannot get a  solid 1st round pick or a like prospect either on D or Center there is no reason to move Tanev. Trying to move the rebuild along isnt going to work. You will most likely still need to draft in a lottery position this coming draft again.

We need the prospects to come along at the same time. Trading Tanev wont hurt that but we would need a piece that fits our puzzle.

Archived