The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Rangers re-sign Brady Skjei

Am I the only one that feels Skjei is overrated? Some teams players just get so much glory and attention. Rangers, Bruins, Leafs, Wings. It reminds me of when Del Zotto played for the Rangers and he was so highly praised. Then fell off. Skjei seems slow and easy to skate around to me. 

Could be like the Dekeyser contract. Cashed in on a couple decent seasons and looks absolutely terrible after. Had a 39 point season, so he has shown he can be roughly a point every other game guy. I have 0 clue how good he is defensively. Played 21 minutes a game last year. Looks solid, I'd say.

They are fresh into a rebuild so even if it is a massive overpayment by the time they are ready to compete again there'll only be like 2-3 years left on the deal and they'll have a bunch of ELCs and bridge deals anyway. Kinda like the situation we are in with Eriksson. Yeah the deal is ugly but we have cap to spare so in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter. Really it's a great deal for Skjei and New York is like "whatever, we're rebuilding and have cap". Even if it's a bad contract it changes nothing really.

On 7/28/2018 at 12:36 PM, Baer. said:

Wilson's deal is way worse lmao

Not really.  I thought it was too at first but considering he is only 24, huge part of the top line, and obviously winning the cup, not a bad deal.

Caps are hoping to have a few more runs at it.

5 hours ago, JV77 said:

Not really.  I thought it was too at first but considering he is only 24, huge part of the top line, and obviously winning the cup, not a bad deal.

Caps are hoping to have a few more runs at it.

I agree. Would rather have Wilson at 5 per than Skjei. 

Archived