The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has the Western World Lost Moderate/Centrist Politics?

Rob_Zepp

7 minutes ago, logic said:

The extreme right has been created by the radical left, every day I thank god Killary didn't win

Look at the massive conservative wave taking place all over the world, people are sick and tired of this PC society BS. Where if you disagree you're labelled a bigot, nazi, racist, islamaphobe ect ect

The Only reason the most of the media media is anti Trump is because they're all owned by Liberals/Democrats..

Its okay to be Hollywood pedophile but not to support trump these days lmao

the extreme right was created way back in bush's days and went into overdrive during obama. Theyve always existed in some form. wow ok i dont know why i even quoted u, ur a special snowflake.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, LordCanuck said:

the extreme right was created way back in bush's days and went into overdrive during obama. Theyve always existed in some form. wow ok i dont know why i even quoted u, ur a special snowflake.

Lol can't even form a rebuttal without throwing in an insult.

You're right the extreme right has always existed as a minority.

Since 2012 to now which I like to call the Social justice era,  the radical left has been trying to take over culture, in terms of what is acceptable for hollywood stars, the media, politicians, everyday people to think and say, and if you don't agree you're labelled. A lot of people don't agree with that and therefore and forced into joining the otherside, even if they are more centrist at heart, like myself.

Edited by logic
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LordCanuck said:

nah, theres no point, u went off the deep end after ur first sentence

It would be easy to debunk what I said then.

not enough people are willing to discuss differing views.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Russ said:

For most people it seems to be so hard on one side or the other.  Each group basically wants to force the other group to believe what they believe and if you don't your labeled ridiculous things.  Social media has really brought this to the for front, where groups can hide behind computers and hate on people of either side and then it has created a rage where when the 2 sides somehow meet in the streets all hell seems to break loose for whatever reason.  I find myself as fairly centered still, theres lots of things on the left I like with some tweaks and theres lots of things on the right I like with some tweaks.  Theres also many many things on both sides I hate and think are radical thinking and moronic statements. 

@Russ - well said!!!

• Wat 1

Options were never really given. It was all a facade, unfortunately. Society was set up to benefit the richest(especially corporations).

Our living standards, on a wider scale, were mostly maintained by bombing brown people for cheap oil. George Carlin rants(from about early 90's, onwards) were a closer depiction of what western societies had been reduced to, than any private citizen might acknowledge, or entitled politician admit .

People & society(individual AND group) were far more interesting back in the 70's..which is my own earliest memories.

We created a today of all style & no substance.

• Thanks 2

I think a big problem is people are forced into the viewing of other peoples lives due to social media, wether it be their neighbours, friends, athletes, ect it means people are more connected than ever which makes it harder for people just to focus on themselves and their own problems.

Constantly comparing and seeing others do better can cause some people to be envious and want to bring them down in order to justify themselves, where as before people were only concerned with their own surroundings.

I feel like it is extreme views on both sides by people that rarely understand the issues.

Hard to even define what centrist is anymore.  Used to be that the general population sat in the middle or just left of it. 

With social media now delivering the news the tribal nature of things is just increasing.  People seek out the news they want to here and won't listen to a dissenting opinion.

Ultimately though it is not the right controlling things or the left, it is the elite political donor class that controls the democratic world.  Most of the issues people rally around are cover to hide the increasing disparity in the world.

Oh and the media is not owned by liberals/democrats it is owned by the wealthy who are plastic to whoever will increase their profits.  They pander more to the left because that is generally where the population sits.  Outrage sells and Trump is outrageous.

To say it is okay to be a Hollywood pedophile is okay ignores all recent history and no, having sexual assaults in Hollywood does not justify having a habitual sexual assaulter as president.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I feel like it is extreme views on both sides by people that rarely understand the issues.

Hard to even define what centrist is anymore.  Used to be that the general population sat in the middle or just left of it. 

With social media now delivering the news the tribal nature of things is just increasing.  People seek out the news they want to here and won't listen to a dissenting opinion.

Ultimately though it is not the right controlling things or the left, it is the elite political donor class that controls the democratic world.  Most of the issues people rally around are cover to hide the increasing disparity in the world.

Oh and the media is not owned by liberals/democrats it is owned by the wealthy who are plastic to whoever will increase their profits.  They pander more to the left because that is generally where the population sits.  Outrage sells and Trump is outrageous.

To say it is okay to be a Hollywood pedophile is okay ignores all recent history and no, having sexual assaults in Hollywood does not justify having a habitual sexual assaulter as president.

Feels like TPTB at top of the pyramid want society to be a great number of divided factions, at each other's throats for one reason, or another.

This divisiveness has a point & purpose. Entities like MSM just fanning the flames.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

You're right I shouldn't say they are liberals, but they are using liberals/democrats to push their agenda of dividing people any way possible.

A strong, united America hurts the globalists immensely which is why there is this crazy war on Trump, and the goal of turning the American people against on another is taking place. I do not agree with a lot of the things Trump says or does but the witch hunt against him is unbelievable, I've never seen so much propaganda everywhere you look.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I actually think it's more to do with Trump's words and actions, that are those of a narcissistic, out of control, racist, sexist, bigoted liar.   The media is simply reacting to it like the rest of the world...in shock and horror. 

If he's so racist why is black unemployment its lowest since 1972, hispanic tied for its lowest ever?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-04/black-and-hispanic-unemployment-in-america-reach-record-lows

Woman unemployment lowest in 18 years 

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Kanye-West-and-Trump-17129316

First president to openly come into office supporting gay marriage.

If he is so sexist and racist wouldn't he be making it harder for these people to get jobs

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Feels like TPTB at top of the pyramid want society to be a great number of divided factions, at each other's throats for one reason, or another.

This divisiveness has a point & purpose. Entities like MSM just fanning the flames.

United people are harder to control, especially a nation with 50% of the worlds guns

• Upvote 1