Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin says "why not" for a return to Canucks for the 2020-21


ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Do you want Nikita Tryamkin back?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Baggins said:

If his "it depends on many things" is a guarantee of being top pair he can stay in Russia.

That's probably the biggest issue from it all, but tbh you go look at Canucks D and only 1 player will still have a contract in 2020-21 Gudbranson, so who knows what and who will fill those spots by then should be a lot of new faces.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Tryamkin stated to the Canucks that he was interested in coming back, the team would most definitely make room for him at camp. I highly doubt they would guarantee him a spot without first seeing his conditioning in an NHL camp setting.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I loved watching Tryamkin on our defence, I can't stand this guys attitude. We had him earn his minutes, which he eventually did and he's still sour about not being gifted the minutes immediately. There aren't a lot of NHL rookies who get thrown into the top pairing/line as soon as they step in, I don't know what made him feel so entitled to it. That said, I'd still love to see him back but hopefully he'll be a little more mature by then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Butters Stoch said:

As much as I loved watching Tryamkin on our defence, I can't stand this guys attitude. We had him earn his minutes, which he eventually did and he's still sour about not being gifted the minutes immediately. There aren't a lot of NHL rookies who get thrown into the top pairing/line as soon as they step in, I don't know what made him feel so entitled to it. That said, I'd still love to see him back but hopefully he'll be a little more mature by then.

He thought he was Victor Hedman..

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Butters Stoch said:

As much as I loved watching Tryamkin on our defence, I can't stand this guys attitude. We had him earn his minutes, which he eventually did and he's still sour about not being gifted the minutes immediately. There aren't a lot of NHL rookies who get thrown into the top pairing/line as soon as they step in, I don't know what made him feel so entitled to it. That said, I'd still love to see him back but hopefully he'll be a little more mature by then.

The thing is that he had about four great games in a row. in those four games  he showed more than Larsen did in his whole NHL career. And guess what Wllie does healthy scratches him and play the that plug Larsen. Larsen was the reason he was pissed because he was getting more nice time than Tryamkin even tho Nikita was 1000000% better than him. Larsen signed was the worst thing that could happen to the Canucks, only thing he famous for him getting layed out by hall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Curious out of the people who are saying they don't like is attitude, how many of you wanted Evander Kane to come here? I'm sure they're many hypocrites.

I think the "attitude" issue has been blown out of proportion. He made the choice to go to Russia, which seemed to suit him fine. He made some strange comments about the weed smell in Vancouver, but Nikita should probably realize that's the smell of freedom. Hahaha.

 

His main reasons for leaving were to be closer to his family and to make his wife happy, who was seemingly quite lonely here. Those are fair issues to make a decision on, so to begrudge the guy for choosing the comforts of close family and a happy wife is silly.

 

His comment about not getting enough playing time was a two prong issue. Firstly, he should have been given more time because at the time, he was one of the better defenders and had done enough to receive an increase. Why Desjardins didn't provide it was a puzzler. That being said, publicly complaining about it wasn't the best move, and made him look silly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think the "attitude" issue has been blown out of proportion. He made the choice to go to Russia, which seemed to suit him fine. He made some strange comments about the weed smell in Vancouver, but Nikita should probably realize that's the smell of freedom. Hahaha.

 

His main reasons for leaving were to be closer to his family and to make his wife happy, who was seemingly quite lonely here. Those are fair issues to make a decision on, so to begrudge the guy for choosing the comforts of close family and a happy wife is silly.

 

His comment about not getting enough playing time was a two prong issue. Firstly, he should have been given more time because at the time, he was one of the better defenders and had done enough to receive an increase. Why Desjardins didn't provide it was a puzzler. That being said, publicly complaining about it wasn't the best move, and made him look silly.

because willy loved his plugs, larsen, megna, chaput, etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think the "attitude" issue has been blown out of proportion. He made the choice to go to Russia, which seemed to suit him fine. He made some strange comments about the weed smell in Vancouver, but Nikita should probably realize that's the smell of freedom. Hahaha.

 

His main reasons for leaving were to be closer to his family and to make his wife happy, who was seemingly quite lonely here. Those are fair issues to make a decision on, so to begrudge the guy for choosing the comforts of close family and a happy wife is silly.

 

His comment about not getting enough playing time was a two prong issue. Firstly, he should have been given more time because at the time, he was one of the better defenders and had done enough to receive an increase. Why Desjardins didn't provide it was a puzzler. That being said, publicly complaining about it wasn't the best move, and made him look silly.

Send her back to russia, theres plenty of girls in vancouver who he can mingle with :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always seen Tryamkin's return as more than likely.

 

Tryamkin made the decision to leave at 21. As he matures within his KHL contract, at some point he's going to realize there's a finite window of time to leverage his opportunity to play in the NHL.

 

And since we do own his rights beyond the KHL contract, if we don't trade them away, he'll end up losing leverage and his window of opportunity will get smaller. 

 

He's obviously keeping up to date on the team and seeing the changes of Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes, Gaudette, Juolevi, our youth, along with a coaching change ... I think there's a lot of personal and professional momentum that's making his return more likely than not.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Butters Stoch said:

As much as I loved watching Tryamkin on our defence, I can't stand this guys attitude. We had him earn his minutes, which he eventually did and he's still sour about not being gifted the minutes immediately. There aren't a lot of NHL rookies who get thrown into the top pairing/line as soon as they step in, I don't know what made him feel so entitled to it. That said, I'd still love to see him back but hopefully he'll be a little more mature by then.

He's still sour is he? Any actual current quotes that indicate this, or are you just projecting?

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think the "attitude" issue has been blown out of proportion. He made the choice to go to Russia, which seemed to suit him fine. He made some strange comments about the weed smell in Vancouver, but Nikita should probably realize that's the smell of freedom. Hahaha.

 

His main reasons for leaving were to be closer to his family and to make his wife happy, who was seemingly quite lonely here. Those are fair issues to make a decision on, so to begrudge the guy for choosing the comforts of close family and a happy wife is silly.

 

His comment about not getting enough playing time was a two prong issue. Firstly, he should have been given more time because at the time, he was one of the better defenders and had done enough to receive an increase. Why Desjardins didn't provide it was a puzzler. That being said, publicly complaining about it wasn't the best move, and made him look silly.

Yeah I was going to say I didn't quote that answer I missed that one in OP, where he says in the article "The lack of ice time is the reason I decided to leave the Canucks" and then goes on to say he was a first pairing D so he was happy, obviously lol. But I agree with you on when he was here, he should of got more minutes especially after half the season when he finally seemed to be up to par condition wise. The first half no he didn't deserve the minutes it was clear he needed some more conditioning, but the 2nd half of the season he definitely looked much better then the first yet still didn't get the bump in minutes, so I understood his frustration, he worked on what they wanted and improved but he wasn't rewarded why would you want to stay especially if the same coach is still there lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Curious out of the people who are saying they don't like is attitude, how many of you wanted Evander Kane to come here? I'm sure they're many hypocrites.

You mean the 6'-2" 212lbs 4th o/a draft pick who has scored 354 points 574 games while brandishing his bad attitude. No difference there then. I don't believe he refused to play for his club though did he?

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

because willy loved his plugs, larsen, megna, chaput, etc

Willie had FA else at his disposal - and yet he still reached the playoffs in his first year with a battered up vet team and was only 4 points behind Green in his last year, despite having to play the plugs JB gave him.

 

Maybe you should think more and read Botchford less.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Butters Stoch said:

As much as I loved watching Tryamkin on our defence, I can't stand this guys attitude. We had him earn his minutes, which he eventually did and he's still sour about not being gifted the minutes immediately. There aren't a lot of NHL rookies who get thrown into the top pairing/line as soon as they step in, I don't know what made him feel so entitled to it. That said, I'd still love to see him back but hopefully he'll be a little more mature by then.

I agree... but to be fair to Nikita there was no indication on the ice that he was being a pouter.  He improved, listened to coaches, mixed in some more physicality.... even if later he complained about it, at least he (was) coachable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

He's still sour is he? Any actual current quotes that indicate this, or are you just projecting?

From OP's article

“Would I like to come back? Why not,” Tryamkin said about his future plans. “It depends on many factors.”
 

That leaves the option of a return for the 2020-21 NHL season, but Tryamkin isn’t willing to jump back into the same situation that he left a year ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

You mean the 6'-2" 212lbs 4th o/a draft pick who has scored 354 points 574 games while brandishing his bad attitude. No difference there then. I don't believe he refused to play for his club though did he?

By being a Cancer to his teammates in the locker room and crying about his teammates because he believes he's so much more better then them all, instead of refusing to play he would just call them out and whine lol. What's worse a guy like that who stays on the roster and continues to rub shoulders the wrong way with his teammates or a guy who leaves on his own and doesn't create more problems in the dressing room....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

You mean the 6'-2" 212lbs 4th o/a draft pick who has scored 354 points 574 games while brandishing his bad attitude. No difference there then. I don't believe he refused to play for his club though did he?

Niether did Tryamkin. Joined the thread late so I figure this is the topic.

Tryamkin played out his contract, stated he wanted to stay and play here and less than 36 hours after the Canucks make an offer he signs with a Russian team, which he is allowed to do. Then the marketing department starts in on him.

 

Does anyone remember when Linden sat out at contract time? How he was not a "team" player and he was being selfish. Or Bure? And of course Nedved. He was another that was not a good teammate. Doesn't anyone find it strange that just about all the players that play out contracts or leave are suddenly the absolute worst players in the world.

 

Big T was here 18 months, in that time he had more hits  and fights than Gudbranson in 2 years. Hutton was given 2.8 mil a year, Groot was offered? Probably a lot less, something like Stecher money.

30 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah I was going to say I didn't quote that answer I missed that one in OP, where he says in the article "The lack of ice time is the reason I decided to leave the Canucks" and then goes on to say he was a first pairing D so he was happy, obviously lol. But I agree with you on when he was here, he should of got more minutes especially after half the season when he finally seemed to be up to par condition wise. The first half no he didn't deserve the minutes it was clear he needed some more conditioning, but the 2nd half of the season he definitely looked much better then the first yet still didn't get the bump in minutes, so I understood his frustration, he worked on what they wanted and improved but he wasn't rewarded why would you want to stay especially if the same coach is still there lol.

When he comes back and he wants more icetime, push it on him, see if he can handle 24 minutes a game. He is fast and has a wicked wrist shot. Play him with a better partner than the #7 guy. Let him play on one side for awhile.

If Guddy was worth 4 mil a season and he only plays half a season at a time then Groot should be worth Hutton money with a signing bonus so he can buy/rent/lease a house outside of hell's kitchen and away from the 4 pillars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Willie had FA else at his disposal - and yet he still reached the playoffs in his first year with a battered up vet team and was only 4 points behind Green in his last year, despite having to play the plugs JB gave him.

 

Maybe you should think more and read Botchford less.

I have noticed that coaches that come up from the AHL will often bring along their favorites or appear to try to prove how close the AHL is to the NHL. AV did this as well his first years here, a huge number of AHL players went through the team.

 

Another adjustment career AHL coaches have to make is the huge difference in attitude, in the AHL he holds their careers in his hand, he can crush a players future at a whim, coach says jump, players says "how high and when can I come down" , AHL players will do almost anything to get a shot at the NHL and that makes them motivated and easier to coach. In the NHL, well he isn't benching multi millionaires so he concentrates on the new players, that is one reason Jake takes more "hits" than Eriksson, Eriksson can retire on his contract, Jake is trying to play for his next one.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...