The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin says "why not" for a return to Canucks for the 2020-21

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Do you want Nikita Tryamkin back?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Niether did Tryamkin. Joined the thread late so I figure this is the topic.

Tryamkin played out his contract, stated he wanted to stay and play here and less than 36 hours after the Canucks make an offer he signs with a Russian team, which he is allowed to do. Then the marketing department starts in on him.

Does anyone remember when Linden sat out at contract time? How he was not a "team" player and he was being selfish. Or Bure? And of course Nedved. He was another that was not a good teammate. Doesn't anyone find it strange that just about all the players that play out contracts or leave are suddenly the absolute worst players in the world.

Big T was here 18 months, in that time he had more hits  and fights than Gudbranson in 2 years. Hutton was given 2.8 mil a year, Groot was offered? Probably a lot less, something like Stecher money.

When he comes back and he wants more icetime, push it on him, see if he can handle 24 minutes a game. He is fast and has a wicked wrist shot. Play him with a better partner than the #7 guy. Let him play on one side for awhile.

If Guddy was worth 4 mil a season and he only plays half a season at a time then Groot should be worth Hutton money with a signing bonus so he can buy/rent/lease a house outside of hell's kitchen and away from the 4 pillars.

Obviously it all depends on who is here by that time, but I would give him bottom minutes to start and see where he is condition wise first, see how he handles the first 10 games, and then decide from there. Being away from the team that long and not really seeing what he's doing over in Russia I wouldn't hand him those minutes yet even if he wants them, show us then reward him is my philosophy, unfortunately WD just couldn't see that back then.

55 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Willie had FA else at his disposal - and yet he still reached the playoffs in his first year with a battered up vet team and was only 4 points behind Green in his last year, despite having to play the plugs JB gave him.

Maybe you should think more and read Botchford less.

Wille also had Miller in net, which is a huge difference.

My conspiracy theory. They should have gotten an older man as an interpreter. When my ex was pregnant, she became jealous of any woman I was friendly with; even though I was always faithful. His wife probably didn't like the fact that this woman was needed for interviews and such. Thassa joke

That could be some perfect timing.

Hughes, Juolevi, (Tanev), Gudbranson, Tryamkin, Stecher, Pouliot, Woo....

The perfect complement imo - giving us twin towers - TryGud!  to anchor the upside.

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Curious out of the people who are saying they don't like is attitude, how many of you wanted Evander Kane to come here? I'm sure they're many hypocrites.

Also....we don't often keep in mind that these are still young players who do have to mature a bit.  Homesick, in love.  It wasn't all about ice time, there were other factors. 

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

That could be some perfect timing.

Hughes, Juolevi, (Tanev), Gudbranson, Tryamkin, Stecher, Pouliot, Woo....

The perfect complement imo - giving us twin towers - TryGud!  to anchor the upside.

That would be a defense that could really handle any type of game/team/style of play. If another team decides to up the physical element? Bad idea.

tryamkin-hits.gif

tram-poke.gif?w=672&h=374

guddy-try-hit-2.gif?w=640

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That would be a defense that could really handle any type of game/team/style of play. If another team decides to up the physical element? Bad idea.

tryamkin-hits.gif

forgot where he throws down jenner

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Also....we don't often keep in mind that these are still young players who do have to mature a bit.  Homesick, in love.  It wasn't all about ice time, there were other factors. 

Ignored by the club off the rink, not much "leadership" off the ice. He was naïve, he came from a small town where a lot of people knew each other and didn't "exaggerate" very much, he probably didn't understand the give and take of negotiations, he took the qualifying offer as the end game and was insulted and apart from the Canucks leaving him downtown in hell's kitchen, his complaints about ice time, deployment, lack of understanding (probably a language thing on the bench) point to a serious communication problem, a management responsibility.

The other factors, who on the team or management were around him off the ice? Did anyone ask him about what he thought of living downtown? Obliviously not.

This was a communication breakdown both ways.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

tryamkin-hits.gif

Guddy leaves his feet, that could be a bad thing.

Pushes around the whole team.:lol:

Closes the gap so fast.

Right side and left side.

He's a rookie for cryin out loud.

9 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Ignored by the club off the rink, not much "leadership" off the ice. He was naïve, he came from a small town where a lot of people knew each other and didn't "exaggerate" very much, he probably didn't understand the give and take of negotiations, he took the qualifying offer as the end game and was insulted and apart from the Canucks leaving him downtown in hell's kitchen, his complaints about ice time, deployment, lack of understanding (probably a language thing on the bench) point to a serious communication problem, a management responsibility.

The other factors, who on the team or management were around him off the ice? Did anyone ask him about what he thought of living downtown? Obliviously not.

This was a communication breakdown both ways.

As I recall, Pedan was assigned to help him with the language barrier and to become a bit more comfortable as he got settled in.  I just think, most of all, he wanted to go home.  And, did.

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

There obviously were some other factors no doubt, but the main one was ice time, he literally said this in this e-mail exchange interview lol.

"The lack of ice time is the reason I decided to leave the Canucks," Tryamkin told Daily Hive via email.

5 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

There obviously were some other factors no doubt, but the main one was ice time, he literally said this in this e-mail exchange interview lol.

"The lack of ice time is the reason I decided to leave the Canucks," Tryamkin told Daily Hive via email.

Well, what young man is going to say "I'm homesick and I miss my girl"?  Pride does come into play.  Didn't he get married...there was obviously a lot going on for him at the time.

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Well, what young man is going to say "I'm homesick and I miss my gf"?  Pride does come into play.

Well as someone who likes Baseball Roberto Osuna did say this, although he never left just took matters into his own hands :lol:

4 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Niether did Tryamkin. Joined the thread late so I figure this is the topic.

Tryamkin played out his contract, stated he wanted to stay and play here and less than 36 hours after the Canucks make an offer he signs with a Russian team, which he is allowed to do. Then the marketing department starts in on him.

Does anyone remember when Linden sat out at contract time? How he was not a "team" player and he was being selfish. Or Bure? And of course Nedved. He was another that was not a good teammate. Doesn't anyone find it strange that just about all the players that play out contracts or leave are suddenly the absolute worst players in the world.

Big T was here 18 months, in that time he had more hits  and fights than Gudbranson in 2 years. Hutton was given 2.8 mil a year, Groot was offered? Probably a lot less, something like Stecher money.

When he comes back and he wants more icetime, push it on him, see if he can handle 24 minutes a game. He is fast and has a wicked wrist shot. Play him with a better partner than the #7 guy. Let him play on one side for awhile.

If Guddy was worth 4 mil a season and he only plays half a season at a time then Groot should be worth Hutton money with a signing bonus so he can buy/rent/lease a house outside of hell's kitchen and away from the 4 pillars.

Good attempt but lets get real, by not signing a contract renewal and going home, that is the same as refusing to play for us. You can dress it up with whatever allows you to sleep under your Tryamkin duvet but that is the bottom line as far as the outcome goes. Hell even now he can't commit.

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

Good attempt but lets get real, by not signing a contract renewal and going home, that is the same as refusing to play for us. You can dress it up with whatever allows you to sleep under your Tryamkin duvet but that is the bottom line as far as the outcome goes. Hell even now he can't commit.

He can't commit to what? You mean you expect him to say, "Yes, I definitely want to play in the NHL for the Canucks after my contract is done"?

You haven't done much negotiating, have you? Try thinking about it a little bit.

Archived