Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin says "why not" for a return to Canucks for the 2020-21


ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Do you want Nikita Tryamkin back?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

the last time he was here he was given 5th dman minutes around 15-16, and if you ask me, that's where he was and is at that point.  4 Canuck dman was playing better then him at that point.

 

the next 2 years can be a good time for him to develop his total game, and prep him to be a full time NHLer.  he said depend on many things, sure, but one thing we cannot guarantee is giving him top pairing minutes, if he wants that role he needs to earn it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

He can't commit to what? You mean you expect him to say, "Yes, I definitely want to play in the NHL for the Canucks after my contract is done"?

 

You haven't done much negotiating, have you? Try thinking about it a little bit.

Yeah - I found the question he asked at the end to be interesting - 'will the Canucks need me in 2 years?'

 

Sounds like he's looking realistically and simply doesn't know - but is open to it - which is all you can really expect.

 

My fool's game guess though - is that if he continues to work as he did after getting that bit of a wake up call here, he'll be an NHL D here if he really wants to be, almost regardless of how well this team's young guys emerge.   With Edler and MDZ not really long term pieces at this point, and who knows how long term Tanev will be here, with Tryamkin able to play both sides (almost preferring his off-side), he has the unique toolbox and versatility to give himself a number of options.  As much as I like Pouliot, Stecher, Woo et al, I suspect that an experienced Tryamkin is just too compelling not to make a space for.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this thread is about Tryamkin, but I want to say that if Goldobin is trying to get Tryamkin back into the NHL, good on Goldobin, especially when one considers Goldobin doesn't exactly have a cushy job on this team. I think it really shows how much Goldobin actually wants to be an NHL player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

He can't commit to what? You mean you expect him to say, "Yes, I definitely want to play in the NHL for the Canucks after my contract is done"?

 

You haven't done much negotiating, have you? Try thinking about it a little bit.

It sounds like I've done a bit more than you.

 

The first thing a player should do is establish his value/potential - Tryamkin has done that, he is NOT an unknown quantity. The Canucks realise that if he came back he would be a sought after asset and a valued piece in the team.

 

Just as important is for the player to show how keen he is and that he expresses commitment. He has already left once and he needs to show he is eager to make up for lost time, not play hard nose, via social media from 2000 miles away.

 

In your world that is like bending over and dropping your pants. However back here on planet earth, it is what the Club wants to see/hear. They know they have done something right in the past and it has made enough of an impression for the player to be excited about coming back. What it doesn't mean, again except in your toy town world is that the player does/will not have alternatives and he and his agent will be pushovers (he has already shown he is prepared to walk away once)

 

So, it doesn't say "come and get me I'm cheap," it says you know how valuable I am and I want to play for you so let's start talking serious money. You hear players say it all the time in the NHL.

 

Thanks for your condescending last para big shot (you never fail to disappoint) but it appears you have misunderstood the whole situation and let's face it buddy that is fatal in negotiations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Squamfan said:

Wille also had Miller in net, which is a huge difference.

That's true and it's a fair point. 

 

However there was not a big difference in save% between Miller in 2016-17 and Markstrom in 2017-18  - .916 to .912 The real difference was the back up goalies. Markstrom was much better than Nilsson .910 to .901

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, oldnews said:

Yeah - I found the question he asked at the end to be interesting - 'will the Canucks need me in 2 years?'

 

Sounds like he's looking realistically and simply doesn't know - but is open to it - which is all you can really expect.

 

My fool's game guess though - is that if he continues to work as he did after getting that bit of a wake up call here, he'll be an NHL D here if he really wants to be, almost regardless of how well this team's young guys emerge.   With Edler and MDZ not really long term pieces at this point, and who knows how long term Tanev will be here, with Tryamkin able to play both sides (almost preferring his off-side), he has the unique toolbox and versatility to give himself a number of options.  As much as I like Pouliot, Stecher, Woo et al, I suspect that an experienced Tryamkin is just too compelling not to make a space for.

You said he's open to a return omg such a misleading post

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, oldnews said:

Yeah - I found the question he asked at the end to be interesting - 'will the Canucks need me in 2 years?'

 

Sounds like he's looking realistically and simply doesn't know - but is open to it - which is all you can really expect.

 

My fool's game guess though - is that if he continues to work as he did after getting that bit of a wake up call here, he'll be an NHL D here if he really wants to be, almost regardless of how well this team's young guys emerge.   With Edler and MDZ not really long term pieces at this point, and who knows how long term Tanev will be here, with Tryamkin able to play both sides (almost preferring his off-side), he has the unique toolbox and versatility to give himself a number of options.  As much as I like Pouliot, Stecher, Woo et al, I suspect that an experienced Tryamkin is just too compelling not to make a space for.

I think the bolded is the biggest part of the question. Does he really want to be here? If not he will play in the KHL and live at home with his new wife and be very happy. I hope he does come back and wants to be here but if not we should be prepared for the fact he may never play for us again and we should make moves based on that possibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:44 PM, debluvscanucks said:

As I recall, Pedan was assigned to help him with the language barrier and to become a bit more comfortable as he got settled in.  I just think, most of all, he wanted to go home.  And, did.

Pedan was sent down almost immediately, even the media here suggested/thought he should have been here longer because Tryamkin had such poor language skils.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, debluvscanucks said:

Well, what young man is going to say "I'm homesick and I miss my girl"?  Pride does come into play.  Didn't he get married...there was obviously a lot going on for him at the time.

He was already married, his wife lived and liked it here and spoke better english than him and yes, pride likely was involved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Lock said:

I know this thread is about Tryamkin, but I want to say that if Goldobin is trying to get Tryamkin back into the NHL, good on Goldobin, especially when one considers Goldobin doesn't exactly have a cushy job on this team. I think it really shows how much Goldobin actually wants to be an NHL player.

That's a great point.

Goldbobin hasn't been gifted anything here - he's been given appropriately 'tough love' and expected to improve his game without the puck dramatically.

And he seems to have really responded well (as did Baer), making significant improvements.

 

There was a time not long ago when he may have been this team's best forward prospect (better than Shinkaruk for example) - and probably their best skilled forward prospect.  Different than and perhaps not as developed as Gaunce, but that's somewhat irrelevent as they play entirely different roles. 

 

He's been here as the team acquired a stable of other young forward prospects- and yet he still seems committed and determined - a really good sign.

 

It will be really interesting to see how he performs this fall - he showed some real potential breakout signs late last year.  I won't be surprised if he owns one of the spots open to competition - and really hope enough of these young guys step up and command spots to make moving a guy like Gagner a no-brainer.  (No contempt here for Gagner, but it's time for these young skilled guys to step up, own spots and nudge placeholders like Gagner out of the lineup).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oldnews said:

That's a great point.

Goldbobin hasn't been gifted anything here - he's been given appropriately 'tough love' and expected to improve his game without the puck dramatically.

And he seems to have really responded well (as did Baer), making significant improvements.

 

There was a time not long ago when he may have been this team's best forward prospect (better than Shinkaruk for example) - and probably their best skilled forward prospect.  Different than and perhaps not as developed as Gaunce, but that's somewhat irrelevent as they play entirely different roles. 

 

He's been here as the team acquired a stable of other young forward prospects- and yet he still seems committed and determined - a really good sign.

 

It will be really interesting to see how he performs this fall - he showed some real potential breakout signs late last year.  I won't be surprised if he owns one of the spots open to competition - and really hope enough of these young guys step up and command spots to make moving a guy like Gagner a no-brainer.  (No contempt here for Gagner, but it's time for these young skilled guys to step up, own spots and nudge placeholders like Gagner out of the lineup).

Agreed 

btw - who do you think stepped up / improved this offseason and nudged out linden from the club 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Agreed 

btw - who do you think stepped up / improved this offseason and nudged out linden from the club 

No one.  I doubt it had anything to do with 'stepping up' or 'nudging out' LInden.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

No one.  I doubt it had anything to do with 'stepping up' or 'nudging out' LInden.

You may be right.  In that case it would be the last yr fa slowly rduced lindens role.  Maybe finally linden said enough already 

linden has too much pride to stay in a figurehead role i would think 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

You may be right.  In that case it would be the last yr fa slowly rduced lindens role.  Maybe finally linden said enough already 

linden has too much pride to stay in a figurehead role i would think 

I don't really know KOS.  I think if FA bypassed him per the terms of his hiring - of hockey decisions being answerable to Linden and not FA - I'd agree that's enough reason to leave.

But this is the Tryamkin thread, so if you want to discuss that, tag me in the Linden thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a big tree fan 

 

if he wants to return canucks will always have a spot for him

 

you want to tell tree that he is not needed / wanted ...  i suggest if u are the one to tell him.  Dont do it in person. Use twitter like fa does 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait to see what he works on in the K this season. Last year I saw him carrying the puck more, into the O-zone. Hope he keeps trying that to add to his offensive game.

I'd also like him to try and get more PP time too, he was on their 2nd 3rd units last year. I think he'd be a great net front presense.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 4, 2018 at 2:51 AM, alfstonker said:

It sounds like I've done a bit more than you.

 

The first thing a player should do is establish his value/potential - Tryamkin has done that, he is NOT an unknown quantity. The Canucks realise that if he came back he would be a sought after asset and a valued piece in the team.

 

Just as important is for the player to show how keen he is and that he expresses commitment. He has already left once and he needs to show he is eager to make up for lost time, not play hard nose, via social media from 2000 miles away.

 

In your world that is like bending over and dropping your pants. However back here on planet earth, it is what the Club wants to see/hear. They know they have done something right in the past and it has made enough of an impression for the player to be excited about coming back. What it doesn't mean, again except in your toy town world is that the player does/will not have alternatives and he and his agent will be pushovers (he has already shown he is prepared to walk away once)

 

So, it doesn't say "come and get me I'm cheap," it says you know how valuable I am and I want to play for you so let's start talking serious money. You hear players say it all the time in the NHL.

 

Thanks for your condescending last para big shot (you never fail to disappoint) but it appears you have misunderstood the whole situation and let's face it buddy that is fatal in negotiations.

You're pretty funny. You remind me of the kid who bought my third car. He said "Ok, I'll take the car, now we just need to discuss the price." Needless to say he didn't get nearly as good a deal as he would have if he knew how to negotiate.

 

One of us has negotiated for a living for more than a third of a century. The other one obviously has virtually no negotiating experience, but really likes to share his ignorance on topics he knows nothing about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, kingofsurrey said:

Tryamkin's possible return to the Canucks may encourage the Canucks to give Goldy a spot as 13th forward. 

Goldy is working hard behind the scenes to help bring back his buddy  Tryamkin

 

Of course the Canucks have room on the roster for Tryamkin.     

You are a dreamer , LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...