The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Front Offices Rated....

34 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

For some, being a "fan" means wanting and enjoying WWE or soap operas.  If there's no drama it's boring and meaningless, so if they can't find poop-coloured linings they'll try to pain some on.  Winning games or enjoying the sport are secondary.  Something I don't get, but likewise don't understand how people enjoy horror movies either.

It's like when portly George Costanza was showing the Yankee players how to hit -- "Hey, we won the World Series."  Costanza: "Pfft, in 6 games..."

Hahaha, that's awesome. Beauty analogy, Hutty!

I'm critical of some moves made by management and a big fan of others. 

Generally speaking, I find society as a whole has been trained to focus on the negative and seek rewards for complaining which has disabled a lot of our population from actually understanding what critical thinking is.

They simply focus on the negative.

There's a lot to be excited about. We're almost there.

And once we get there they'll have to manufacture brand new dilemma's!

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Hahaha, that's awesome. Beauty analogy, Hutty!

I'm critical of some moves made by management and a big fan of others. 

Generally speaking, I find society as a whole has been trained to focus on the negative and seek rewards for complaining which has disabled a lot of our population from actually understanding what critical thinking is.

They simply focus on the negative.

There's a lot to be excited about. We're almost there.

And once we get there they'll have to manufacture brand new dilemma's!

Agreed Agreed Agreed. There seems to be great delight taken, both on these forms and in the media, in pointing out what is wrong, and why didn't they do this or why did it take so long to do that. Not that this organization doesn't deserve full scrutiny and criticism when warranted, but the fever pitch at which the attacks often come is alarming. Complaints tend to lack objectivity and balance and are unnecessarily mean. I've been around long enough to observe this team take its fair share of abuse (diehard fan since the 70"s) but never has it reached this level of blood sport we have today. 

I, for one, can't wait for the coming age of Brand New Dilemmas!

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

This sounds more like Tarana's crack media smuggly rating our GM and management.

Some here don't like Benning. But its becoming the exception.  We would not rate 28th among our own fan base.

But that's the rub, Surfer. The claim is that the results are based on polling "fans"..

It's like they polled Guardian and King of Surrey, then called it a day.

I'm not saying the front office is perfect,  but 28th in fan confidence seems off the mark by quite a bit.

7 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Fun to watch a club with no real top 1/2 defense , 1 legit top 3 forward and weak goaltending. 

Really ? 

No, I don't like watching the Oilers play.   What's your point as this is a Canuck discussion site?

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

No, I don't like watching the Oilers play.   What's your point as this is a Canuck discussion site?

Yes it is.

Canucks are definately going into full rebuild mode now.   I guess the question is have the canucks  hit the bottom yet.

I am so excited to see how Boeser and Jake do this year.....   Hopefully they can both keep improving as players.

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yes it is.

Canucks are definately going into full rebuild mode now.   I guess the question is have the canucks  hit the bottom yet.

I am so excited to see how Boeser and Jake do this year.....   Hopefully they can both keep improving as players.

The Canucks were a playoff pace team last year when their top 4 D were healthy.   They have a nucleus of younger players who should all be improved and several more youth that may knock down the door as early as this season and join them.   

This is a franchise on the rise as evidenced by their highly rated prospect pool and coming close in the Calder race for the first time in decades.   

They play up tempo hockey and have a coach that works for that game...today's game.

I have no idea what you mean by "full rebuild now" other than Linden had stated many times he didn't think it was "fair" to go full rebuild while Sedins were on team.   Well, Sedins and Linden are now off in the sunset so you can use your labels as you wish but ignoring that this franchise is moving upwards seems deliberately obtuse from someone who claims to have followed the team for as long as you claim to have.

8 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

The Canucks were a playoff pace team last year when their top 4 D were healthy.   They have a nucleus of younger players who should all be improved and several more youth that may knock down the door as early as this season and join them.   

This is a franchise on the rise as evidenced by their highly rated prospect pool and coming close in the Calder race for the first time in decades.   

They play up tempo hockey and have a coach that works for that game...today's game.

I have no idea what you mean by "full rebuild now" other than Linden had stated many times he didn't think it was "fair" to go full rebuild while Sedins were on team.   Well, Sedins and Linden are now off in the sunset so you can use your labels as you wish but ignoring that this franchise is moving upwards seems deliberately obtuse from someone who claims to have followed the team for as long as you claim to have.

Sometimes you have to fall a few times before you learn to run.

I agree the canucks have some great prospects.   The question is though whether next season we will start to see improvement in overall team performance......

Personally i think we are still  a few years away from really seeing a solid jump in the standings.

The secret as a fan is to just enjoy the ride...

8 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I agree the canucks have some great prospects.   The question is though whether next season we will start to see improvement in overall team performance......

Personally i think we are still  a few years away from really seeing a solid jump in the standings.

THIS is as totally reasonable post - why do you go "full bizarre" in other posts?   Just bored during your summer there in Vancouver?

My random thoughts on our front office: I think Benning is an underrated GM in this league and I do think we are heading in the right direction. However, with TL stepping down, the way he stepped down, there's obviously pressure coming from somewhere and that is what concerns me.

8 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

This sounds almost hopeful. Glass half full this Friday afternoon?

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Where the &^@# did this post come from, KOS? Wtf?

Rational ghost writer? 

Edit- confused rep is because I'm confused. Did somebody smack you upside the head and shake some sense into you? 

Don't go saying you're giving all your stuff away. I'm already worried

33 minutes ago, rekker said:

What a stupid thing to rate. We really are inundated with useless information. 

I think fan input is of course worth noting.  Fa probably does care about fan opinion and ticket ssles / franchise value 

businesses that  dont listen to tbeir market and adapt  are doomed to fail 

The Aq's may not be the best owners. But when you look at Arizona, Carolina, Montreal and Ottawa, I'm thankful they are not trying to hold a gun to the city's head with the semi-threats that Calgary has in getting a new arena. At least the team even if it's not selling out, is spending to the cap. 

Nothing to me is worse than the Steven Bellringer era. Yes trading Linden got the team back on it's feet. But to not let Pat Quinn try and reverse the teams fortunes by just dumping him. Not having a GM for a half season, THAT is bad.

How fans view their management isn’t a great reflection of their abilities.

Canadian teams rank poorly because their fans pay attention and are more critical.

There have been surveys of players, press, and insiders and that is probably more accurate a reflection.

14 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I think fan input is of course worth noting.  Fa probably does care about fan opinion and ticket ssles / franchise value 

businesses that  dont listen to tbeir market and adapt  are doomed to fail 

If the front office took its direction from the whiners we’d have a roster of rookies and league minimum FAs. 60 million in cap space and a dozen 2nd round picks. Every year. Winning. 

37 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

If the front office took its direction from the whiners we’d have a roster of rookies and league minimum FAs. 60 million in cap space and a dozen 2nd round picks. Every year. Winning. 

Dont kid yourself 

fa definately is interested How fans perceive his club / business

Archived