The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Storm

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, 112 said:

Yeah. We've had major problems with scattered votes in the past iirc, so it would be nice if people made sure they're not squandering votes this game.

Are there even any specials in the game aside from what's listed in the OP?

112 immediately starts the game scummy by asking about roles, doesn't seem like a typical 112 thing to say. She gets less scummy as thread progresses though.

11 hours ago, 112 said:

I don't discuss angleshooting in the game much.

11 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

You know how I feel about angleshooting. 

Feel like BW and 112 are TP/TP or TP/Maf after this post. Contrary to Aladeen's thoughts, it would be pretty dumb for 2 mafia to both use the same reason

9 hours ago, Kryten said:

Me too and since my pm reads similar to yours, I actually believe you. 112 I also believe (that she’s Lackey).

Krpten comes in super scummy as noted. 

9 hours ago, Kryten said:

Can’t blame you, but seriously, showing my ass in the first round is totes tp Krpten behaviour

Then doubles down and tells us what TP Krpten should be like. 

8 hours ago, Virtanen87 said:

Got the same pm as aladeen 

? Virt's only post; needs more heat 

8 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

Hey look.... MAFIA

VOTE JohnLocke

DM strikes me as trying to gauge town's reaction to random call out.

7 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

How could he possibly expand on this without saying "I'm the sheriff and John Locke is mafia" given their content so far? 

Intoews :wacko:

BJ's thoughts make sense, but he also just specifically special hunted the sheriff if that's the case. 

The rest of the argument between BJ/Toews/BW seem genuine enough that no one jumps out as obvious mafia. 

4 hours ago, otherwise said:

you know I'm going to scatter votes it's my specialty, unless of course I make it to where there is word from the legit sheriff about a confirmed  target.

how am I slanking hard? I just got home from work got some music playing and read through several pages of ppl accusing others of throwing shade, when I see no shade. WHERE IS THE SHADE?

The beetlejuice never looks good, especially when spotted on forum earlier today... 

I dont have any real definitive mafia reads so far. We have to get on TL for his slanking. He's too good of a player to be allowed to get away with posting nothing. 

Vote TL 

3 minutes ago, JohnLocke said:

112 immediately starts the game scummy by asking about roles, doesn't seem like a typical 112 thing to say. She gets less scummy as thread progresses though.

Feel like BW and 112 are TP/TP or TP/Maf after this post. Contrary to Aladeen's thoughts, it would be pretty dumb for 2 mafia to both use the same reason

Krpten comes in super scummy as noted. 

Then doubles down and tells us what TP Krpten should be like. 

? Virt's only post; needs more heat 

DM strikes me as trying to gauge town's reaction to random call out.

BJ's thoughts make sense, but he also just specifically special hunted the sheriff if that's the case. 

The rest of the argument between BJ/Toews/BW seem genuine enough that no one jumps out as obvious mafia. 

The beetlejuice never looks good, especially when spotted on forum earlier today... 

I dont have any real definitive mafia reads so far. We have to get on TL for his slanking. He's too good of a player to be allowed to get away with posting nothing. 

Vote TL 

Or the smartest! 

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, JohnLocke said:

disagree that it's not something i would say, + i asked because aladeen (jokingly?) requested specials to contact him.

Just now, Beluga Whale said:

112, what's your best read so far? If you already mentioned it, I missed it. 

I haven't had much in terms of scum reads except for on Heffy, but I didn't really mention it as I wanted him to post a bit more without any worry. He keeps scapegoating me, but if he's given any reasons they were bad ones.

For town reads I'm still pretty sure re: Kryten

5 minutes ago, 112 said:

I haven't had much in terms of scum reads except for on Heffy, but I didn't really mention it as I wanted him to post a bit more without any worry. He keeps scapegoating me, but if he's given any reasons they were bad ones.

OK. Heffy's mainly been sh!tposting this round and I don't know if it's just the usual first round business or if he's masterfully diffusing the heat. He definitely hasn't given a reason yet for suspecting you. 

1 minute ago, 112 said:

Stated so in my first post re: possible special hunting.  Figured getting a serious vote over with early would help at least get things rolling so we have plenty to analyze after the first nightfall.  You're a skilled enough player that the town isn't going to lynch you night one without a serious reason, so I wanted to give you an opportunity to dig yourself a hole if you were in fact mafia.  I'm certainly not convinced enough by your posting afterwards to lynch you round one.

Scum reads: 

Virt for hopping in on the PM wording too late for it to be of any use even if it was within the rules:

otherwise for coming in immediately after getting called out for slanking hard.  Posts a couple of replies to GIFs, but still no meaningful posts.

Unvote, vote otherwise

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Stated so in my first post re: possible special hunting.  Figured getting a serious vote over with early would help at least get things rolling so we have plenty to analyze after the first nightfall.  You're a skilled enough player that the town isn't going to lynch you night one without a serious reason, so I wanted to give you an opportunity to dig yourself a hole if you were in fact mafia.  I'm certainly not convinced enough by your posting afterwards to lynch you round one.

Scum reads: 

Virt for hopping in on the PM wording too late for it to be of any use even if it was within the rules:

otherwise for coming in immediately after getting called out for slanking hard.  Posts a couple of replies to GIFs, but still no meaningful posts.

Unvote, vote otherwise

Fair enough, I guess.

35 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Quiet evening. I demand more hot takes.

Not a fan of Mau's interest. His posts about DM/intoews suggest he read the thread, but didn't have takes or substance besides uncertainty over their inactions. Doesn't seem very TP like behavior to briefly drop in, provide a quick blurb that doesn't seem confident, then leave the thread without really providing anything else. It has been an hour since his last post so if that is his only contribution for day 1, he gets a slight scum read for me heading into day 2.

Just now, Blue Jay 22 said:

Not a fan of Mau's *post* His posts about DM/intoews suggest he read the thread, but didn't have takes or substance besides uncertainty over their inactions. Doesn't seem very TP like behavior to briefly drop in, provide a quick blurb that doesn't seem confident, then leave the thread without really providing anything else. It has been an hour since his last post so if that is his only contribution for day 1, he gets a slight scum read for me heading into day 2.

Edit above

DM is TP
Aladeen is TP
Kryten TP.
The other guy who said he was Aladeen (I think Virt) is TP.

There is a scum in between BJ + BW vs Intoews.
One to two of BJ and BW are mafia. If the statement to the left of this word you're reading is true this validates Intoews as TP.
But this leaves a bit of a sticky predicament.

There is a universe where all 3 of Toews DM and BW are mafia playing the long con.
Unlikely but the heat in that triforce seems a bit unnatural.
There is most certainly a mafia there. Which decreases the ability of BJ being mafia.
But hear me out...that might actually increase the chances of BJ being mafia.
If BW is mafia this validates in part Toews but doesn't validate BJ.
If Intoews is mafia this has no effect on BW chances of being mafia which ultimately keeps BJ at a stale sheet.

BJ is mafia whether or not one or both of those two aforementioned are mafia.
BW would not be. Toews would not be.

Likewise I don't actually know the amount of mafia in the game even tho Radish literally posted it in this thread but there is a chance alternatively that neither Toews nor BW is mafia(notice how this doesn't rule out BJ) but alternatively a singular of the pair of Heffy and 112 are mafia. Further pushing the inactive agenda.

As you can see, I made this chart to illustrate the likelyhood of everyone being mafia
WHWiARb.png

• Like 3