The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Red Wings re-sign Dylan Larkin

10 minutes ago, zombieksa said:

Detroit really needs to make some moves and still need a few roster players....

I wonder how valuable someone like Del Zotto is to them at 50% retained..

Holland said that right now his focus is to accumulate as many draft picks as possible because they are rebuilding.  

They might operate with a 22 player roster - they have about 750K to add another player.  Detroit typically goes above the cap before putting Franzen on LTIR to get back under.

Zetterberg's agent told Swedish media a few weeks back that it's still unclear if he was going to play next season.  He has back issues.  That would create additional cap space.

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wow!  Bo’s deal looks great!  

Will not help us with Boeser’s deal though.  

Similar point shares, Larkin hits more, they both have similar zone deployment, Bo benefits more from the PP than Larkin we'll see how that looks without the Sedins, Bo is the superior faceoff guy. By comparison both deals are pretty fair for both teams. Slight edge to us, cause Bo is an absolute stud.

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Holland said that right now his focus is to accumulate as many draft picks as possible because they are rebuilding.  

They might operate with a 22 player roster - they have about 750K to add another player.  Detroit typically goes above the cap before putting Franzen on LTIR to get back under.

Zetterberg's agent told Swedish media a few weeks back that it's still unclear if he was going to play next season.  He has back issues.  That would create additional cap space.

I understand that but they have no bodies on the back end and while I am not familiar with their prospect pool I don't believe they have any D prospects pushing for a spot. Even if they sign a remaining UFA D man to a league minimum contract and run 22 player roster it really leaves them no wiggle room with call-ups in case of short term injuries. I don't know. Just seems like a strange spot Holland has put the roster in, Especially with the overall quality of their roster.

8 minutes ago, zombieksa said:

I understand that but they have no bodies on the back end and while I am not familiar with their prospect pool I don't believe they have any D prospects pushing for a spot. Even if they sign a remaining UFA D man to a league minimum contract and run 22 player roster it really leaves them no wiggle room with call-ups in case of short term injuries. I don't know. Just seems like a strange spot Holland has put the roster in, Especially with the overall quality of their roster.

They seem to always be in that situation every year.  

Holland says they want to transition to younger players - they already have veterans.  Holland signed Vanek and brought back Green.

44 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

To put some of these signings into consideration lately this ones fine. 5-6 sounds about right for decent players now :s Larkin hasn't really wowed me away or anytning

This. Fair value. Larkin has been up and down with his consistency. If Bo played for the Wings and benefited from the Eastern media hype he would easily be regarded as the better player. As it is I'm guessing Bo is regarded as the better player of the two. Not even that close in my opinion. Bo > Larkin all day long. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Wow!  Bo’s deal looks great!  

Will not help us with Boeser’s deal though.  

Yea Bo's keeps getting better. Its the gift that keeps giving. It's too bad it wasn't an 8 year deal :(

If we can get Brock around 8 years and at 7AAV I'd be licking my chops. I think he's certainly more valuable than Larkin.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

He generated over 40% of his points on lines with Tatar... it'll be interesting to see how that change plays out. Looks like most of his points (55%) were primary though (as much as I hate to post a Yost article: https://www.tsn.ca/the-noise-surrounding-secondary-assists-1.1134501)

But yeah Bo's deal has proven to be a good one. 

Tatar was garbage in Vegas, perhaps Larkin kept him afloat.

Just now, N7Nucks said:

He really is, he brings what Bo does except a bit more and with a ton of speed. 

Had him in my pool two years ago and watched him more because of it. He lacks vision in my opinion. Obvious blazing speed but defenders are learning to keep an eye for him and keep him outside. Doesn't get a lot of PP time I think because of his lack of playmaking ability. He is best 5 on 5 and trying to use his speed. Had a better year last year so I may be wrong but he is an average second line center IMHO. 

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

He really is, he brings what Bo does except a bit more and with a ton of speed. 

Not really. Bo is more of a bowling ball. Larkin is faster but lacks elite IQ. I suppose in the end they are both good second line centers. I think Bo has more upside yet whereas I think Larkin doesnt. My issue is where people see Larkin as a future number one center whearas I dont see it. 

Archived