The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

71-year-old Sikh man attacked in California, police chief’s son charged

prix57

35 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If actually being in the justice system hasn't helped, I'm not sure what more the father would be able to do.  Given that he doesn't seem to be pulling any strings to get his kid special treatment, I don't think the chief is to blame for his kid being an idiot. 

Whatever the motivation for such a cowardly attack, there is no excuse.  Given the culture inside California's prison system, race could certainly be a factor.

I meant in terms of parenting. It should be elementary logic to be on your best behaviour in court, especially for colored people in the States, where they can never, ever catch a break with the justice system.

18 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

I meant in terms of parenting. It should be elementary logic to be on your best behaviour in court, especially for colored people in the States, where they can never, ever catch a break with the justice system.

One would think his lawyer and the "friends" he made in previous incarcerations would have also attempted to teach him that.  I doubt poor parenting is the primary cause of this behaviour.

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah, I don’t get the stickers, it’s kind of like signs stating that you are armed.

That just tells potential assailant to shoot you first.

The 7 years I was there, the cat set off the motion detector twice.  Once we learned how to manage the "cat" burglar, the alarms stopped :lol:

Archived