The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A look back at the 2015 Playoff Opening Video and Series

Rush17

Oh man my eye balls are watering and I am ready for playoffs baby!! god I hope we get back there soon. I have been watching old video clips lately and came across this one.  Man I miss hockey that matters. The passion of the players, the fans, the city.  Do yourself a treat and relive some of this with me peeps!

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

Game 4:

Game 5:

Game 6:

It makes me wonder if we could of taken them down if Miller had of been healthy for the full series. :) It's nice seeing Vrbata and the old crew coming together for their final playoff appearance together.  Feel the passion, feel the excitement. Accept the results. Let's get back to the playoffs boys and girls! We deserve it! Lets not have this "fall for hughes" stuff guys. Let's go win some playoff games and get our kids the much needed NHL playoff experience!!!!!!!! YAY BABY!!!

6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

All I get from that series is the refs swallowing their whistles (among other things they swallowed from the Flames.....) giving Ferland an immunity idol to take running charges at our players.  That and Willie somehow not knowing about 'line matching'.

Yeah the refs were pretty brutal. That guy got away with way to much in that series. WIllie didn't do much I agree lol. Greener as coach probably would of got us out of that first round.

I really want to see a re-match of this series again. Ferland is gone and Guddy can deal with Neal and Chunky. Toss in Juolevi will probably be on the team before the season is over. We can start to have a real Tkachuk vs Juolevi debate. Calgary is a lot less intimidating without fernland stirring up the crap.

11 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Whatever..irrelevant series. But the place we wound up selecting(1st R) is where we nabbed Brock freeken-Boeser, baby!

:D  There is no way Boeser gets to us. There is still like 13 more picks!

This was a fragile team. I do t mean physically, but mentally. No push back when the game was going against them. Canucks were actually probably the better team but calgary has less quit (this past season it was the opposite lol). 

Also so this was Vancouver’s first glimpse into Willie Desjardins lack of flexibility and game management as a coach. Games were lost because he wouldn’t adjust. 

4 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Oh man my eye balls are watering and I am ready for playoffs baby!! god I hope we get back there soon. I have been watching old video clips lately and came across this one.  Man I miss hockey that matters. The passion of the players, the fans, the city.  Do yourself a treat and relive some of this with me peeps!

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

Game 4:

Game 5:

Game 6:

It makes me wonder if we could of taken them down if Miller had of been healthy for the full series. :) It's nice seeing Vrbata and the old crew coming together for their final playoff appearance together.  Feel the passion, feel the excitement. Accept the results. Let's get back to the playoffs boys and girls! We deserve it! Lets not have this "fall for hughes" stuff guys. Let's go win some playoff games and get our kids the much needed NHL playoff experience!!!!!!!! YAY BABY!!!

Watch every 1994 playoff goal here..

3 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Watch every 1994 playoff goal here..

wow was that a treat re-living those games..

all these years later, I remember one guy I always loved watching: lumme. when I watched oj in the world juniors, I thought he played like lumme, and thought the canucks needed a guy like that. then he was drafted and I remain hopeful.. however watching this now, I think Hughes might be more like lumme, as I'm guessing others have made the comparison.. anyways.. good times... 

couple things. 1 what every happened to Ronnie kenins. 2. sedins and burrows aged a lot in 3 years. 3. would Canucks ever sell high on marky/anders (assuming they have a decent year) and take a flyer on lack to back up demko in the future.

great watching the videos though. I love looking back and reminiscing!

p.s. high for Anders maybe a mid round pick and prospect/pick for marky.

On 8/10/2018 at 8:44 PM, Glug Datt said:

wow was that a treat re-living those games..

all these years later, I remember one guy I always loved watching: lumme. when I watched oj in the world juniors, I thought he played like lumme, and thought the canucks needed a guy like that. then he was drafted and I remain hopeful.. however watching this now, I think Hughes might be more like lumme, as I'm guessing others have made the comparison.. anyways.. good times... 

OJ is definitely reminiscent of Lumme, but what we still need is the cannon of a Jeff Brown.

Archived