The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] (poll) James vs Jay

Pete M

(Poll) would you have rather.....  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 8/13/2018 at 10:01 PM, Pete M said:

Living in Calgary...I hear it all the time on sport radio about the trades and signings that Calgary did this off season...have to admit Neal is a great signing by Calgary...fans around these parts are excited.

Gotta be honest, I dont see why flames fans should be excited. a lot riding on Hanafin and Linholm having career years. Neal will likely steadily decline in production of the next few years. I fail to see how they are much better than last year. they still have an underwhelming bottom 6, they still have no backup goalie, smith and giordano arent getting younger, and they have 2 good prospects (valimaki and andersson) who are still some what question marks as to if either one can develop into a top pairing guy.

even if they are better this year, their not likely to be top of the division (although i guess anything is possible) and there isnt any reason to assume they will be better 2, 3, or 4 years from now

6 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

Gotta be honest, I dont see why flames fans should be excited. a lot riding on Hanafin and Linholm having career years. Neal will likely steadily decline in production of the next few years. I fail to see how they are much better than last year. they still have an underwhelming bottom 6, they still have no backup goalie, smith and giordano arent getting younger, and they have 2 good prospects (valimaki and andersson) who are still some what question marks as to if either one can develop into a top pairing guy.

even if they are better this year, their not likely to be top of the division (although i guess anything is possible) and there isnt any reason to assume they will be better 2, 3, or 4 years from now

They (Calgary) definitely are in win now mode even though they have some good young talent...4 years from now, if the Canucks develop their young guns and play their best players, then I believe they will catch and surpass the Flames...it might be shorter time, in 3 years, if the young guns exceed expectation. Canucks defense need to get better or at least play a lot better...we shall see.

On 8/10/2018 at 10:39 PM, Pete M said:

Would you have rather signed James Neal or Jay Beagle

If James Neal could play center, was a great face-off guy too boot, could kill penalties, had recently won a cup as a key contributor, was $2 million a year cheaper and signed for one less year I would take James Neal.   

8 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

If James Neal could play center, was a great face-off guy too boot, could kill penalties, had recently won a cup as a key contributor, was $2 million a year cheaper and signed for one less year I would take James Neal.   

Yeah and could score 30 goals per season...I heard he was one of the guys that stirred the drink in Vegas...great in the room and performed on the ice....we shall see what they can do for their teams...I have a pretty good idea what is going to happen...him being two years younger...similar to LE only he is still leading the way.

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

Yeah and could score 30 goals per season...I heard he was one of the guys that stirred the drink in Vegas...great in the room and performed on the ice....we shall see what they can do for their teams...I have a pretty good idea what is going to happen...him being two years younger...similar to LE only he is still leading the way.

I like Neal but think that contract will look really bad somewhere middle of the third year and the last two years will be horrid.   He has a lot of miles and isn't the type of player that screams "forever young" given how he plays.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, Alflives said:

I think we will be shocked how good our team is with Beagle, especially next season, when Quinn Hughes is here.  We will push to the top of the Western Conference, and win the Stanley Cup.  

C37F55D2-CE2D-43EF-A4C3-05A6D37F373D.jpeg

I like the way you think or predict 

Archived