The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat 2017/18 Highlight Reel

Imuzi

Very well done! I love the whole video. I love how include some clips that aren't goals and some passes as well. It's great to see more than just the goals.

I think Horvat's improved so much from what he was projected to be, and so from the viewpoint of when we drafted him, he's already a success even if he just continues being the same player he is for the rest of his career.

If he wants to be elite though, he'll need to be more defensively responsible, which I think would help his case for captaincy. It was one of his fortes coming out of the draft but for some reason I think he's regressed significantly in that department.

Offensively we all know what he can do but it'd be cool to see him develop a more bullish and edgier attacking game. He's built like an Ox but more times that not chooses to dangle around defenders with a skill/speed combo. If he becomes that I think there's no question he can be a true first line centre in the league.

17 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You can really see how fast Bo Horvat is. Skating used to be his weakness - now it's his strength.

It's pretty amazing to see how some adjustments to tweak his skating along with his relentlessness has made him one of the fastest guys on the team. Unfortunately it seems like his strength - defensive play, has turned into a weakness

Edit: haven't gotten a chance to watch the video but I will, excited!

3 minutes ago, Grape said:

It's pretty amazing to see how some adjustments to tweak his skating along with his relentlessness has made him one of the fastest guys on the team. Unfortunately it seems like his strength - defensive play, has turned into a weakness

Edit: haven't gotten a chance to watch the video but I will, excited!

What are you talking about?

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Guy was 26th in the league in FO%, beastly at carrying the puck out of his own zone, a truck along the boards... yet people still need to nit-pick something..

If there's one guy on the Canucks who doesn't have an obvious weakness, it's Bo. 

loved the vid. 

some nice snipes, but, but look where Bo gets allot of his goals, dirty area, hard to play in, extra effort, takes the punishment and is rewarded.

Can't win without guys like that. Heart and soul

Go Canucks Go

5 hours ago, Grape said:

If he wants to be elite though, he'll need to be more defensively responsible, which I think would help his case for captaincy. It was one of his fortes coming out of the draft but for some reason I think he's regressed significantly in that department.

Last year, I would have agreed with you. Bo had a poor season defensively in 2016-17, but he stepped up his defensive game this past year in 2017-18. He's back to being a great defensive forward and continues to be strong offensively too.

7 hours ago, Dazzle said:

5 hours ago, 'NucK™ said:

Guy was 26th in the league in FO%, beastly at carrying the puck out of his own zone, a truck along the boards... yet people still need to nit-pick something..

If there's one guy on the Canucks who doesn't have an obvious weakness, it's Bo. 

There's people like you around here that will literally not accept any criticism of any player and have a problem with it.

Bo is my favourite player, heck he's probably my favourite athlete in the world right now and I have 2 jersey's of him to show for it. That isn't to say I'm gonna be delusional about him in some aspects of his play. For you it might be "nitpicking" to say anything that's not positive about him, even if I prefaced it with something positive, but to me it's trying to be as objective as possible.

Bo Horvat has NOT been a good defensive centre in recent seasons, and I'm too lazy to pull up stats but I they'd show for it too. Two years ago he was one of the league's worst, and last season he picked it up a little, but was still picked on often.

I never said he wasn't good at FO's, puck-carrying, and play along the boards, so I'm not sure what made you bring up those points. It's like bringing up a few things he's good at makes him better at something he's not good at that's completely unrelated.

I've done enough on these boards praising and defending Horvat and whatnot since he's my favourite player, and so my post was about a few things he could work on to be ELITE. You should probably make a few points as to how my point was wrong, rather than essential say it's wrong to say anything bad about him.

Edit: I mean this was a highlight video so I feel bad bringing this type of energy here, but just felt the need to respond that

12 hours ago, Grape said:

There's people like you around here that will literally not accept any criticism of any player and have a problem with it.

Well actually as I mentioned in the second part of my comment, I'll accept criticism of any player except for Bo :P

Bo Horvat has NOT been a good defensive centre in recent seasons, and I'm too lazy to pull up stats but I they'd show for it too. Two years ago he was one of the league's worst, and last season he picked it up a little, but was still picked on often.

Well if you are to lazy to pull up the stats, how is it any different than what I said about him and my general thoughts being that I perceive him to still be strong defensively? 

I never said he wasn't good at FO's, puck-carrying, and play along the boards, so I'm not sure what made you bring up those points. It's like bringing up a few things he's good at makes him better at something he's not good at that's completely unrelated.

I've done enough on these boards praising and defending Horvat and whatnot since he's my favourite player, and so my post was about a few things he could work on to be ELITE. You should probably make a few points as to how my point was wrong, rather than essential say it's wrong to say anything bad about him.

That was my attempt at bringing up points.. FO% = wins pucks back to the D. Carries the puck out = gets the puck out of his zone w/o turning it over. Strong along the boards = wins battles for pucks in his own end. 

Archived