The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canuck All time records to be moved up this season

kingofsurrey

Canuck All time records to be  moved up this season

Some current canucks are about to move up this year in all time Canuck records...

Really Edler the only guy in play this year to move up the All time rankings in games played and  the less wanted...... total goals against....

Games Played

1 Henrik Sedin  1330

2 Danny Sedin 1306

3 Trevor Linden 1140

4.Stan Smyl . 896

5 Markus Naslund 884

6 Alex Burrows 822

7. Harold Snepsts 781

8 Mattias Ohlund  770

9 Alex Edler  758

10  Dennis Kearns  670

Total Goals On-Ice Against

1.Harold Snepsts1080

2Trevor Linden1078

3.Doug Lidster1060

4.Stan Smyl938

5.Mattias Ohlund887

6.Dennis Kearns872

7.Garth Butcher831

8.Henrik Sedin819

9.Alexander Edler775

10.Daniel Sedin744

Edler could pass Ohlund, Snepsy and Burrows this year in games played if he stays healthy...

and pass H. Sedin and  Butcher for goals out against......

Going to be strange the next few years without Canuck legends Hank and Danny setting club all time records regularly throughout the seasons.....

I love this kind of stuff, so I gobbled up the opportunity to freshen up on my all-time Canucks stats. With the twins gone, there are only four players that are probably even remotely interesting in this conversation for next year.

Edler

Edler is the closest by far to any career records. He's got 84 goals (just barely passed Lumme's 83 last year) and is 9 below Ohlund's 93 goals. It would be a stretch, but Edler has scored around a 7-10 goal pace over the last few years so if he plays a full season (in my dreams), he could have a shot at becoming the goal leader among defensemen.

In terms of assists among Canuck defensemen, Edler is 2nd, but remains 40 away from Kearns, so I don't see him likely breaking that record this year.

He has the all-time record for powerplay points among defensemen by 10, but is still 7 goals short of Salo's PPG record (48 PPG).

Horvat

Horvat has the most goals, assists, and points of any player other than Edler currently on the Canucks. He's at 71 goals so has a shot at scoring his 100th this year if he has a good year. He's currently 42nd in goals, but hitting 100 goals would put him at 27th.

Tanev

After Edler, Tanev is second in games played with 390 games. He's in 37th all-time and 14th among Canuck defensemen, sitting at 19 games behind the legendary 'stache, Dave Babych.

I'm not sure if he'll pass him this year.

Markstrom

Interestingly enough, Markstrom is primed to pass a couple of well-known recent Canuck goaltenders this year in some stats. He's at 48 wins right now and could easily pass both Cory Schneider and Ryan Miller. If he can push to 25 wins (he had 23 last year), he'll even beat out Gary Smith for 5th in Canucks history. 

If Markstrom plays as much as he did last year, he'll also pass Glen Hanlon, Dunc Wilson, and Ryan Miller in games and finish at 6th all-time, just below Gary Smith.

Here is a list of all time Canucks goal records heading into upcoming season..

Rank-Player-Goals 

1)D Sedin 393
2) Naslund 346
3) Linden 318
4) Smyl 262
5) Bure 254
6) Tanti 250
7) H Sedin 240
8 )Gradin 197
9) Burrows 193
10) Bertuzzi 188
11) Lever 186
12) Kesler 182
13) Adams 179
14) Skriko 171
15) Ververgaert 139
16) Mogilny 139
17) Morrison 136
18) Sundstrom 133
19) Boudrias 121
20) Rota 120
21) Ronning 112
22) Sedibauer 108
23) Schmautz 108
24) Hansen 105
25) Sandlak 104
26) G Courtnall 102
27) O'Flaherty 98
28) Blight 96
29) Ohlund 93
30) Fraser 92
31) Gelinas 90
32) Oddleifson 85
33) Edler 84
34) Lumme 83
35) Cooke 83
36) Williams 83
37) Gould 82
38) Raymond 80
39) Boldirev 80
40) Salo 74
41) Lalonde 72
42) Horvat 71
67)Baertschi 49
91) Sutter 33
93) Boeser 33

48 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Markstrom

Interestingly enough, Markstrom is primed to pass a couple of well-known recent Canuck goaltenders this year in some stats. He's at 48 wins right now and could easily pass both Cory Schneider and Ryan Miller. If he can push to 25 wins (he had 23 last year), he'll even beat out Gary Smith for 5th in Canucks history. 

If Markstrom plays as much as he did last year, he'll also pass Glen Hanlon, Dunc Wilson, and Ryan Miller in games and finish at 6th all-time, just below Gary Smith.

I love this stuff too, but how far off of Luongo and Mclean is he? 

The Canucks have had a long list of bad goalies, with only 3 of note within the last 3 decades. Luongo, Mclean, Schneider. You could argue, Miller, serviceable but past his prime. 

5 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

The Canucks have had a long list of bad goalies, with only 3 of note within the last 3 decades. Luongo, Mclean, Schneider. You could argue, Miller, serviceable but past his prime. 

i would say a "past his prime" miller probably played his best hockey, as a canuck, on an unbelievably/laughably bad hockey team. didn't get enough credit

7 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Luongo and McLean are pretty far and away first and second in every stat except I think shutouts where Cloutier is second. I don't think Markstrom will make it very far on the all-time lists once Demko is ready to go.

24 games and Edler is 7th in games played, stays healthy he can catch Burrows for 6th. Not sure I want to see him pass Burr, given how much love I have for him. Lol. 9 goals from Ohlund, that's fairly improbable but I could see Edler hitting it if he can get more shots passed defenders shins. This might be his last year with us, given our LD depth with Hughes and Juolevi coming up as top 4 potentials. Brisebois looks like he could be a solid 3rd pairing guy. Pouliot looks like a solid 3rd pairing guy himself right now. 

Markstrom making waves as a Canucks goalie, I really didn't notice how bad our history of goaltending has been. Geez Louise. Here's hoping Demko is what we need him to be. No offense to Markstrom but I don't think he'll be much more than what we have seen. This generations Cloutier. 

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Markstrom

For as maligned as Markstrom is around here, he's not nearly as bad as many make him out to be. Even Carey Price falters behind a crappy defense, and it only takes incremental improvements in a few defencemens game, along with incremental improvement from Markstrom himself and we could easily win 12 more games this coming season. Based on our record from last year if we had 12 fewer losses and that many more wins, we would have surpassed Colorado for the last wild card spot. 13 wins and 1 OTL more and we would have surpassed LA for the 1st wildcard spot, and would have had us tied with San Jose and within a point of Anaheim.

Before Horvat got hurt, and our other injuries we were on track to at least challenge for one of those two wild card spots. It doesn't take much, due to the parity in the league. I stand by my previous comments, our "rebuild" is over, we need to be entering the next phase of our journey by developing what we have and looking to improve our place in the standings year over year.

Striving for playoffs and falling just short far better than tanking to get another high pick and delay the improvement of the team by another year. What about the players here now? Horvat, Boeser, Baertschi, Pettersson etc? Don't these guys deserve to taste victory? Why does our hubris as fans over rule that of the players? Why can't we simply support our team as it is, instead of devising these lofty expectations on how good the team could be with x, y and z?

The game is played on the ice for a reason, not on the draft floor.

1 hour ago, VanGnome said:

For as maligned as Markstrom is around here, he's not nearly as bad as many make him out to be. Even Carey Price falters behind a crappy defense, and it only takes incremental improvements in a few defencemens game, along with incremental improvement from Markstrom himself and we could easily win 12 more games this coming season. Based on our record from last year if we had 12 fewer losses and that many more wins, we would have surpassed Colorado for the last wild card spot. 13 wins and 1 OTL more and we would have surpassed LA for the 1st wildcard spot, and would have had us tied with San Jose and within a point of Anaheim.

Before Horvat got hurt, and our other injuries we were on track to at least challenge for one of those two wild card spots. It doesn't take much, due to the parity in the league. I stand by my previous comments, our "rebuild" is over, we need to be entering the next phase of our journey by developing what we have and looking to improve our place in the standings year over year.

Striving for playoffs and falling just short far better than tanking to get another high pick and delay the improvement of the team by another year. What about the players here now? Horvat, Boeser, Baertschi, Pettersson etc? Don't these guys deserve to taste victory? Why does our hubris as fans over rule that of the players? Why can't we simply support our team as it is, instead of devising these lofty expectations on how good the team could be with x, y and z?

Markstrom also had a very good season in the AHL in 2014-2015.

1.88 GAA, .934 SAV, 22 w, 7 l, 2 t. 

Honestly I think if Markstrom can maintain confidence and focus for the whole season (and has a healthy defense in front of him), he could achieve a 2.50 GAA and .917 SAV. and over 30 wins. He has the size, athleticism, and positioning, but he gets rattled too easily. He just needs to find his form 2015 and he is a starter caliber goalie.

3 hours ago, VanGnome said:

The problem with Markstrom isn't talent, it's mental toughness. The tools are there but he lets in an early softy too often and it usually snowballs into a string of games. If he can keep that in check this season we'll be alright. 

3 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

Markstrom also had a very good season in the AHL in 2014-2015.

1.88 GAA, .934 SAV, 22 w, 7 l, 2 t. 

Honestly I think if Markstrom can maintain confidence and focus for the whole season (and has a healthy defense in front of him), he could achieve a 2.50 GAA and .917 SAV. and over 30 wins. He has the size, athleticism, and positioning, but he gets rattled too easily. He just needs to find his form 2015 and he is a starter caliber goalie.

And for the love of *!#$*!$#* stop letting in the first shot of games !

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

The problem with Markstrom isn't talent, it's mental toughness. 

The problem with Markstrom isn't talent, it's his team the Canucks have one of worst set of Defensemen in the league... with really not a 1 or a 2 D man on the club right now...

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

The problem with Markstrom isn't talent, it's his team the Canucks have one of worst set of Defensemen in the league... with really not a 1 or a 2 D man on the club right now...

He's let in some incredibly soft goals stop kidding yourself. 

6 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Stealth Tank Plan has kept an IR-mainstay D core in front of Eddy Lack 2.0 for years. 

I agree that those D would have ruined any goalie, but Marky has been better than I thought he would be, which isn’t saying much. 

17 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

He's let in some incredibly soft goals stop kidding yourself. 

His problem is consistency, not talent. He has all the talent in the world. He was once considered the best goalie not playing in the NHL, his ceiling was sky high. Markstroms problem is that he does not consistently show why he was so highly touted. If he can string together 2-3 consistent seasons, he'll have some pretty decent career numbers.

On 8/14/2018 at 12:30 AM, kingofsurrey said:

Canuck All time records to be  moved up this season

Some current canucks are about to move up this year in all time Canuck records...

Really Edler the only guy in play this year to move up the All time rankings in games played and  the less wanted...... total goals against....

Games Played

1 Henrik Sedin  1330

2 Danny Sedin 1306

3 Trevor Linden 1140

4.Stan Smyl . 896

5 Markus Naslund 884

6 Alex Burrows 822

7. Harold Snepsts 781

8 Mattias Ohlund  770

9 Alex Edler  758

10  Dennis Kearns  670

Total Goals On-Ice Against