The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's the strangest interaction you've ever had with someone?

Master 112

I was working out at the local rec centre one time about 4-5 years ago and there was a guy there acting kinda funny. Walking around really fast telling people “you don’t get bigger just sitting there” and “abs were never made by texting”. Harmless but weird. Pretty sure he’d been into the booger sugar. 

I was in the change room afterward and he asked me about the scar on my head (it goes from ear to ear through my scalp, the result of surgery to repair a skull fracture in 2009). I told him what happened and then noticed he had a handful of 1-1.5 inch scars around his abdomen (he had his shirt off). Somewhat sheepishly he replies “oh yeah, few years back there my girlfriend and I got into a little fight and she stabbed me a few times then ran over me with her car. But it’s the will to survive, just the will to survive.” At this point I was pretty stunned and trying not to laugh so I asked, more sarcastically than anything, “you guys still together?” And he said “yeah we worked it out. I love that woman to death.”

HOW DO YOU WORK THAT OUT?!

When I was in high school I'd sometimes go home for lunch. One time I am walking back to school past a house with a really thick green hedge. As I am approaching the hedge a guy literally stumbles right out of the middle of the hedge. He looks like he's seen better days. He's disheveled and disoriented. I come to a stop as he's blocking my path and he asks me "what year is it?". He seemed very surprised when I answered him.

:wacko:

while working with young offenders, we had taken garbage to the dump. there on top of the garbage was a big black bear. the boys were standing in front of the truck, taunting the bear and challenging it to come over. i slowly back the truck up so they were as close to the bear as they were to the truck. when the realized, that their safety net had moved, they let out a holler and high tailed it to the truck. they found out, they weren't as brave as they thought.

Headed to work one morning really early boss wanted me in for OT.Cause it was summer time i parked on the street just as I opened my door some hippy looking guy pulls up beside me on the street in an old land cruiser and says "did you see what happening with china the globe is gonna be in a financial recession and i should go to the bank and get all of my money out"

I say ok and he speeds off" this was in september 2015.

several of us sailors were having beer in a drinking establishment. some stranger came over and told us to beg, borrow or steal as much money as could and buy pine point stock. yah sure, we spend our money on beer. sure enough pine point stock made many millionaires. at that time, it was the largest grossing stock on the market. sadly to say, none of us made our first million. 

1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

several of us sailors were having beer in a drinking establishment. some stranger came over and told us to beg, borrow or steal as much money as could and buy pine point stock. yah sure, we spend our money on beer. sure enough pine point stock made many millionaires. at that time, it was the largest grossing stock on the market. sadly to say, none of us made our first million. 

$&!# Joe it's a bummer you didn't buy the stock then! 

3 hours ago, Violator said:

Headed to work one morning really early boss wanted me in for OT.Cause it was summer time i parked on the street just as I opened my door some hippy looking guy pulls up beside me on the street in an old land cruiser and says "did you see what happening with china the globe is gonna be in a financial recession and i should go to the bank and get all of my money out"

I say ok and he speeds off" this was in september 2015.

lmao

On my way to Afghanistan, I shook the hand of Russ Williams as we deplaned in Winnipeg and then again as we boarded after a short stop. Our flight attendant to Camp Mirage was Marie-France Comeau. One month later, she would be dead at the hands of Russ Williams. Was a really eery feeling finding out about that.

in 1971, i had a big tumor in my large intestine. before being operated on, my intestine split open and the poison spread through my body. it was called peritinitis. when i got out of the hospital, i had a long recovery period. 

some fellow i barely knew, came every day to visit and encourage me. they said he was very impressionable. apparently some group that were predicting that the world was going to end, twisted his mind. 

it was shocking to hear, that he got a gun, shot his wife and three of his 4 children. the youngest, managed to run to the neighbours house. he was eventually caught and deemed to be insane. 

here was a man that shared so much of himself and time with me for several months, doing such a despicable thing.  took me a long time to get over that.

A few years back after I got into a little bit of trouble, it was hard getting a job. Luckily I was able to find a part time gig emptying garbages and other custodian duties at a post secondary school. It was a pretty cool gig, got to listen to my headphones and just work. I noticed that the math teachers would prep for the next day by writing out their math problems on the board before they left. To mess with them, I'd solve them and they'd come in to a solved board.

One of the teachers doesn't know what's happening so he keeps leaving harder problems and I keep solving them to mess with him. One shift, the dude hid in the school and waited for me to solve the problem before coming into the room. I made a run for it. 

I was pretty sure I was gonna lose my job so I ended up getting drunk and getting into a fight and sadly arrested. Surprisingly, this teacher shows up at my court hearing and actually got me out of jail! ..as long as I studied math under him. We ended up having a weird relationship, though every time he tried to help me, I just messed with him.He really wanted me to succeed but I ended up ghosting him and moving away. 

I was approached in Osaka by a woman saying she was the head teacher of a girl's school group and that the students would love to take a photo with me. I was a little confused but thought it was pretty funny so agreed and they took a photo. I assumed it would be one but I spent the next 5-10 minutes taking photos as they queued up. I have no idea who they thought I was :lol:

On a less cheerful note I once met a member of this forum and they spent the entire time more or less saying that I was a second class citizen because I was born a Catholic while painting Protestantism as a superior belief. Was totally bizarre but one of the darker elements of the West of Scotland. It may surprise you to learn that I never met said member again.

15 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I was approached in Osaka by a woman saying she was the head teacher of a girl's school group and that the students would love to take a photo with me. I was a little confused but thought it was pretty funny so agreed and they took a photo. I assumed it would be one but I spent the next 5-10 minutes taking photos as they queued up. I have no idea who they thought I was :lol:

On a less cheerful note I once met a member of this forum and they spent the entire time more or less saying that I was a second class citizen because I was born a Catholic while painting Protestantism as a superior belief. Was totally bizarre but one of the darker elements of the West of Scotland. It may surprise you to learn that I never met said member again.

maybe they thought you were Crint

Archived