The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MP Maxime Bernier quits Conservatives, plans to start new party

thejazz97

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Blame Brian Mulrooney. The party got wiped out, and split into multiple factions like Bloc, Reform.

Now they want to split the right again. I think most of the political parties are corrupt and full of lies.

Left or Right.

We need a party of balance. Keeping our social net like medical care, EI, etc. Try to allow companies to develop and grow. Help out the farmer and small businesses not just the mega corporations. Develop a good corporate citizen. Encourage, new trades, new markets, new products. Stop just trying to sell off our resources to whomever comes along.

Preserve our environment, have a military that can handle crises, or natural disasters. Give our police and courts the tools they need to keep society safe. Stop pollution like Mount Polley, make sure oil companies can handle spills, and not just ignore problems and laugh off petty fines.

Took much to ask huh?

The bloc was formed in 1991

As for the bolded. No not at all.

Watched some Max B interviews, and he is refreshingly direct and to the point. He doesn't dance around questions like Trudeau, and seems to have more backbone and integrity than Scheer.

I think his new party is going to be fairly successful, and no doubt he's doing this to be ready in time for the the 2019 election. If there's a representative in my riding, he's got my vote.

We need less foo foo left wing progressive, and fake conservatism in this country. We need issues dealt with regarding sustaining trade with the USA, securing the border from illegal immigrants and the cultural replacement that's occurring now (look forward 20-30 years), a sane and rational immigration policy, and smaller government.

1 minute ago, VanGnome said:

Watched some Max B interviews, and he is refreshingly direct and to the point. He doesn't dance around questions like Trudeau, and seems to have more backbone and integrity than Scheer.

I think his new party is going to be fairly successful, and no doubt he's doing this to be ready in time for the the 2019 election. If there's a representative in my riding, he's got my vote.

We need less foo foo left wing progressive, and fake conservatism in this country. We need issues dealt with regarding sustaining trade with the USA, securing the border from illegal immigrants and the cultural replacement that's occurring now (look forward 20-30 years), a sane and rational immigration policy, and smaller government.

Next election is now effectively decided.

Fed PC Party will be wiped off the map.

JT may now challenge his dad record of 16 years... LOL... 

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

I don't think so. I think there will be a small vote split on the right, but the fact that Trudeau hasn't enacted any form of election reform, combined with the $&!#storm he's created by not answering a single direct question once since forming government, thereby effectively spitting on those who elected him, it's going to be a lot closer than many think.

Many who voted Liberal last election did so mostly out of spite because of Stephen Harper. When you look at that percentage of the voting populace, combined with what will be a vote split on the left between Libs/NDP, and true hardcore conservatives having no faith in Andrew Scheer, I think Max B is taking prime advantage of the political vacuum that exists right now.

The Trudeau Government is on track to having Canada I believe reaching a 1.25 Trillion dollar deficit in the not too distant future, it's been a monumental failure of such epic proportion that I think Daddy Marxist is rolling in his grave right now.

8 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

His dad lost in 1979 and then won again in 1980 so it's 11 straight years. As for a record for most years as PM that belongs to Mackenzie King and rightfully so.

7 hours ago, VanGnome said:

I don't think so. I think there will be a small vote split on the right, but the fact that Trudeau hasn't enacted any form of election reform, combined with the $&!#storm he's created by not answering a single direct question once since forming government, thereby effectively spitting on those who elected him, it's going to be a lot closer than many think.

Many who voted Liberal last election did so mostly out of spite because of Stephen Harper. When you look at that percentage of the voting populace, combined with what will be a vote split on the left between Libs/NDP, and true hardcore conservatives having no faith in Andrew Scheer, I think Max B is taking prime advantage of the political vacuum that exists right now.

The Trudeau Government is on track to having Canada I believe reaching a 1.25 Trillion dollar deficit in the not too distant future, it's been a monumental failure of such epic proportion that I think Daddy Marxist is rolling in his grave right now.

I'm no fan of JT but that number is Canadian debt and you're correct he is adding lots of debt however his defecit is not near that number. 

12 hours ago, VanGnome said:

The NDP under Singh is not a threat to anyone but itself.

Singh and a small group of urban riding faithful effectively screwed that party for the next 2 elections.  There is a greater threat from May and the Greens than Singh and the NDP

As for the $1.25 trillion...ya no that's a made up number as Harper and Mulroney account for 2/3s of the Canadian national deficit.  Trudeau has actually done far better economically than most are giving him credit for and that's not bias that's going by even his promise of running deficits while in office to help fix things

Anything you want to find regarding government numbers can be found here

https://tradingeconomics.com/canada/government-debt-to-gdp

As for Canadian debt, it can be found here

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/blogs/a-really-quick-history-of-canada-s-federal-debt

Just now, VanGnome said:

Right yeah, debt not deficit. 

That is also accumulated between feds and provinces.  By the numbers the Conservatives and Liberals are almost neck and neck for provincial debt; but the odd piece is Alberta which should have been a money maker for decades falls effectively flat over the last 40 years.

To say Trudeau is responsible for or in charge of that is erroneous, it would be like people claiming Harper was the reason it crossed the trillion threshold back in 2013

A new right-wing wingnut party - in Canada of all places.   Sad to see this happen for Canadians as it means the idiot in charge of the Liberals may win again.   Poor Canada but at least the wing-nuts who align with Bernier will self-identify as at least that may be a benefit of this.

Archived