The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

give the poster above you a new name or title

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

40 isn't young.

I just act like a child. My 9yr old has to put me on notice sometimes.

at 59 ,arthritic to boot , coping very well with it , DR.s tell me its because of my athletic back ground , I dont look or act , or think like most guys my age I amaze myself given all the sh!t I've put myself thru..

• Cheers 1
On 07/09/2018 at 8:21 PM, chon derry said:

at 59 ,arthritic to boot , coping very well with it , DR.s tell me its because of my athletic back ground , I dont look or act , or think like most guys my age I amaze myself given all the sh!t I've put myself thru..

Hope they can cure arthritis for you (and me) chon.

My doctor is trying to force an ankle surgery on me "before it goes arthritic".

I was cooperative about the knee surgeries because, well, they were both &^@#ed. Locked up, ached, gave out, popped loudly

both surgeries went well and they're like 250% better than pre surgery. But what freaks me about the ankle job is it's a year of rehab. A whole freaking year... &^@# that

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, luckylager said:

I was cooperative about the knee surgeries because, well, they were both &^@#ed. Locked up, ached, gave out, popped loudly

both surgeries went well and they're like 250% better than pre surgery. But what freaks me about the ankle job is it's a year of rehab. A whole freaking year... &^@# that

I've had all 10 of my toes fused strait,  the ball and socket and both segments on all toes , and no regrets , putting my work boots on contributed to my toes dislocating from their sockets , at a 6 month interval to  wait to see if the 1st op worked it involved pins 4 inchs thru my toes, lol pain  ya boi, PAIN nothin makes you feel more alive than that , i'd say do it, if its an inevitable thing.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, chon derry said:

I've had all 10 of my toes fused strait,  the ball and socket and both segments on all toes , and no regrets , putting my work boots on contributed to my toes dislocating from their sockets , at a 6 month interval to  wait to see if the 1st op worked it involved pins 4 inchs thru my toes, lol pain  ya boi, PAIN nothin makes you feel more alive than that , i'd say do it, if its an inevitable thing.

Interesting you say that about pain making you feel alive

I've been telling my son "pain reminds us that we're alive" whenever he has a good biff. A very old and dear friend gave me that lesson after I broke my back and was strapped to a hospital bed.

• Cheers 2
14 minutes ago, luckylager said:

a buddie of had his whole ankle fused because of a snowmobile incident, his foot was outside of the foot rest thingy and a small sapling almost tore his foot off  same thing as my situation he was more than happy to get it done '

• Cheers 1
2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

a buddie of had his whole ankle fused because of a snowmobile incident, his foot was outside of the foot rest thingy and a small sapling almost tore his foot off  same thing as my situation he was more than happy to get it done '

See, the ankle they want to operate on does hurt, ever, yet the one that does ache all the time doesn't "need" surgery.. Yes, my left ankle is always numb, but it doesn't hurt. Right ankle hurts, Doc don't care.

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Interesting you say that about pain making you feel alive

I've been telling my son "pain reminds us that we're alive" whenever he has a good biff. A very old and dear friend gave me that lesson after I broke my back and was strapped to a hospital bed.

ive had arthritis since 99 and it was and still is under control, but dec 17 2009 I had a lump taken out of my colon, 6 days  later only 2 hrs after being sent home the staples let go on the reattachment ,and was going septic , of course the DR.was gone for Christmas holidays , I remember being in the hosp  before I went unconscious hearing 2 guys arguing about , going or not going , turns out they were the medivac pilots , I woke up Christmas day in kitamat   not knowing what happened or where I was. the DR. came in and explained everything , was really pissed that I had a colostomy  bag (7 months) and then a 3rd surgery for final reattachment , so i beat the cancer thing but my arthritis in the 8 months recovery from all the surgerys kicked my arthritis into high gear , but I ve realized  how resilient I am .the 2 helijet pilots were arguing about the snowstorm they flew in , the head pilot said were going! and I was told to go thank him which I did after after overcoming my bad attitude about this sh!t bag I had at the time , I can tell you i'm  just happy to be alive , everyday  rain or shine.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
On 08/09/2018 at 9:52 PM, chon derry said:

ive had arthritis since 99 and it was and still is under control, but dec 17 2009 I had a lump taken out of my colon, 6 days  later only 2 hrs after being sent home the staples let go on the reattachment ,and was going septic , of course the DR.was gone for Christmas holidays , I remember being in the hosp  before I went unconscious hearing 2 guys arguing about , going or not going , turns out they were the medivac pilots , I woke up Christmas day in kitamat   not knowing what happened or where I was. the DR. came in and explained everything , was really pissed that I had a colostomy  bag (7 months) and then a 3rd surgery for final reattachment , so i beat the cancer thing but my arthritis in the 8 months recovery from all the surgerys kicked my arthritis into high gear , but I ve realized  how resilient I am .the 2 helijet pilots were arguing about the snowstorm they flew in , the head pilot said were going! and I was told to go thank him which I did after after overcoming my bad attitude about this sh!t bag I had at the time , I can tell you i'm  just happy to be alive , everyday  rain or shine.  

Well Chonner, did you health back up to 100%.

Please tell me you did because

1) You're awesome

2) I've got a new, really mean new title for you, but I don't want to share it if you're still sensitive about what you went through. Which was obviously a lot. That's a heavy story my man. Glad you made it through. I love our chats on cdc

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Well Chonner, did you health back up to 100%.

Please tell me you did because

1) You're awesome

2) I've got a new, really mean new title for you, but I don't want to share it if you're still sensitive about what you went through. Which was obviously a lot. That's a heavy story my man. Glad you made it through. I love our chats on cdc

oh ya for all freackin crap I went thru  all is good  tough as f...     not  the sensitive type either

Edited by chon derry
  • Cheers 1

@luckylager i.ve living with pain in my joints for 19 years, to the point of not knowing any different ,its the way it is, I also over came a little more than the health stuff as well , still pretty active ridin my rocky mountain kick a$$ bike as much as I can, workin around the house  and the wifes inheritated townhouse , fast little car, nuthin to be down about . driving career is over, but I dont miss it.  bang nails  under the table once and a while     .i've learned not to worry about sh.t. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, chon derry said:

@luckylager i.ve living with pain in my joints for 19 years, to the point of not knowing any different ,its the way it is, I also over came a little more than the health stuff as well , still pretty active ridin my rocky mountain kick a$$ bike as much as I can, workin around the house  and the wifes inheritated townhouse , fast little car, nuthin to be down about . driving career is over, but I dont miss it.  bang nails  under the table once and a while     .i've learned not to worry about sh.t. 

That's good Chonner, sounds like a nice place to be at. And in light of that, your new title

$&!# bag

• Cheers 1
6 minutes ago, luckylager said:

That's good Chonner, sounds like a nice place to be at. And in light of that, your new title

$&!# bag

hah   before my dad  passed in 2016 I went to comox after healing to see him, he said well jim you used to be an .$$hole now your a bag o $h!t

Edited by chon derry
  • Cheers 1
59 minutes ago, chon derry said:

hah   before my dad  passed in 2016 I went to comox after healing to see him, he said well jim you used to be an .$$hole now your a bag o $h!t

Sounds like your pops had a sense of humour and passed it on. Nice!

I hope my kids don't end up being offended by everything, little whiney entitled what the &^@#s. 

I'm trying man. I'm really trying 

• Cheers 1