The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

give the poster above you a new name or title

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Sounds like your pops had a sense of humour and passed it on. Nice!

I hope my kids don't end up being offended by everything, little whiney entitled what the &^@#s. 

I'm trying man. I'm really trying 

having lived in van (Burnaby) twice ,and seeing how my brothers kids interact , the generational gap is different in the north ,almost non existant in comparison.

• Cheers 1
2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Not sure I follow.

Are you saying van-city kids are entitled pricks? 

tuned in , tuned out I dont know  I cant really  relate to them ,comparitive to how I related to adults at their age ,,in a group setting , one on one their a little better ,it seems like not a whole lot of attention span , maybe its me  being a highways foreman changed me with my expectation level of  people in general. 

6 minutes ago, chon derry said:

tuned in , tuned out I dont know  I cant really  relate to them ,comparitive to how I related to adults at their age ,,in a group setting , one on one their a little better ,it seems like not a whole lot of attention span , maybe its me  being a highways foreman changed me with my expectation level of  people in general. 

Are you talking about the kids or their parents?

The majority of people are total rejects anyways. Kids and parents 

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Are you talking about the kids or their parents?

The majority of people are total rejects anyways. Kids and parents 

my brothers kids and their friends  my bro is a HD mechanic , pretty technical guy 

Edited by chon derry
15 minutes ago, luckylager said:

City kids are different. I figure it's more to do with the easy access to everything easy.

I take my Island kids to the bush and make sure they stink and enjoy it before taking them back to vic.

my best buddie in who I go back as far as 6 years old played  played pro basketball in England for crystal palace at same time I was pursuing hockey (jocks) ,so we both had high asperations of ourselves as did my bro with his hot rodding ,wrenching career ,didn't really see much desire or goal focus in my bro's kids and friends, I do have a tendency of picking a young persons brain that way,,  ,actually I brought bill up to terrace in may when smithers joe was there getting his eyes done , the 3 of us went for dinner at white spot ,they got along pretty good , 

Edited by chon derry
  • Cheers 1
27 minutes ago, chon derry said:

my best buddie in who I go back as far as 6 years old played  played pro basketball in England for crystal palace at same time I was pursuing hockey (jocks) ,so we both had high asperations of ourselves as did my bro with his hot rodding ,wrenching career ,didn't really see much desire or goal focus in my bro's kids and friends, I do have a tendency of picking a young persons brain that way,,  ,actually I brought bill up to terrace in may when smithers joe was there getting his eyes done , the 3 of us went for dinner at white spot ,they got along pretty good , 

How does "Old Soul" sound?

Was thinking that or "Grampa Who Yells at Cloud" for a new nickname.

HM: Everyday with Morrie

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...