The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] - Nineteen Eighty-Four (Game Over; Mafia Win)

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Serious question but do we even know the set-up?

If we don't have a sheriff/cop, that's normal and believable.  I'm just saying the way that I interpreted his posts about you is that it came across like as if he was the sheriff/cop because he voted you and put together an underwhelming case.  To me, that was him trying not to hard-claim but to do enough to potentially get people to vote you.

Yes, we do. It's in the OP.

3 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Serious question but do we even know the set-up?

If we don't have a sheriff/cop, that's normal and believable.  I'm just saying the way that I interpreted his posts about you is that it came across like as if he was the sheriff/cop because he voted you and put together an underwhelming case.  To me, that was him trying not to hard-claim but to do enough to potentially get people to vote you.

If there is a JOAT or roleblocker they would know

Just now, Zfetch said:

tbh if MR is mafia and trying this hard then whatever good job

112 is probably the mafia out of the two of them. I just don't like that MR isn't attacking 112 when I feel if he were TP he would

Don't jump the gun. I was going to ISO her later. I'm doing the easy stuff (inactives) and making dinner first.

5 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Don't jump the gun. I was going to ISO her later. I'm doing the easy stuff (inactives) and making dinner first.

your reactions seem calculated tbh

5 minutes ago, 112 said:

I'm TP.

how do I know that you didn't say that just because you know that I would believe it :P

People who say like "Im TP" are TP 90% of the time ive noticed so I am super gullible for that type of thing

Salacious Crumb

On 8/28/2018 at 2:40 PM, Salacious Crumb said:

Whadda ya gotta do to join the maifa?

On 8/28/2018 at 2:57 PM, Salacious Crumb said:

A Sicilian guy told me that maifa guys can’t talk about the maifa. I slit his throat so he wouldn’t tell anyone we talked.

On 8/29/2018 at 2:15 AM, Salacious Crumb said:

So the quiet ones are mafia and the yakkers are townies. Got it. This game is easy.

On 8/29/2018 at 3:24 AM, Salacious Crumb said:

Duh! Omerta something, something, something...

On 8/29/2018 at 2:57 PM, Salacious Crumb said:

What sober person would visit this site? Sometimes I wish I was a trust fund baby so  I could drink all day and post here like some of the chosen ones do...

16 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Some days I can post more than others. I’m not necessarily conservative but not going to be ‘that’ nube that... 

15 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Vote MR as has tried to be a little too helpful

Difficult to gauge a new player, of course. Obviously a lot of this can be construed as scummy (especially the first post, imo). Obviously it's also exactly how a new player unsure of how to participate would post.

If an experienced player has SC on their scum team, do they not try to give him prompts in chat to avoid this sort of behaviour? (Counter point: I did the opposite with J23 when he first played, telling him to play up the noobieness to full extent.)

I think SC only makes sense on a scum team if we assume the other players are also less active.

ilduce39

On 8/29/2018 at 4:06 AM, ilduce39 said:

The regime is reduced to benign party member... sipping on that victory gin.

Co-dictator Aladeen with the strong showing so far.

Would be a surprise to the bellyfeels if both 112 and MR were town at this point.

Don't like that throwaway shade-tossing in the last line. Not sure its townie behaviour, even for duce. If he flips red, 112 is probably scum too. Scum love to sneak one of their teammates in their reads list to attempt credibility.

17 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

The party requests information on BJ’s MO when it comes to being called out?  Does he usually get defensive like that, or double down on trying to be extra helpful?  

The former is usually the most incriminating, to me at least, but I can’t remember how BJ plays at all.

SC’s posts stood out last night but it’s not nice to lynch the new guy round 1. He’s also a rather laid back poster on the rest of the forum so the party is double against lynching him this round.  

It’s shamelessly self-preserving but MR is right to push a more active member for lynch.  Way more meat to go on than a less active player.  Agree that J23 is choosing weak targets.  

vote J23

Inquiring about BJ as if looking for a reason to vote for him. Goes after weak targets now rather than his earlier leans.

17 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

I’ll do you one better, foul jay!

Unvote

Vote BJ 22

...And then he quickly, without justification, hops over to the BJ wagon. He was the fourth vote, and basically sealed it as inevitable in retrospect. Biggest bandwagon vote of all of them, no doubt.

Basically everything he's done has been wolfy. Is it TWTBW?* Possibly. But I don't really see any redeeming features to his posts.

*Sorry Zfetch, but you better learn this one.

Ok guys 112 and MR are both scum/scum... how do I know? Cause every single time I play with them and they are town they both are on me from the get go saying everything I do is scummy.

since they aren’t doing this the only conclusion is that they know I am TP. 

Vote MR

7 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Ok guys 112 and MR are both scum/scum... how do I know? Cause every single time I play with them and they are town they both are on me from the get go saying everything I do is scummy.

since they aren’t doing this the only conclusion is that they know I am TP. 

Vote MR

Scummy post.

This is right after the wagon hits four votes and looks solid:

17 hours ago, otherwise said:

not a whole lot has stuck out at me, but zfetch's posting style/subject matter seems off. Maybe he's in a different mood, but not much of substance and more off topic than normal...imo. Bj while I'm not totally convinced is mafia has been quite defensive, which is understandable if he is on either side. It's a bit panicked to me so maybe a tp special. Lastly I have a strange feeling about TL, though not sure what that lean is atm. Also not sure about J23 he has done a good job pretending to be BW because he's becoming more and more suspicious to me with every post, just like BW

There is an easy to imagine world where this is a mafia talking.